Arc 4:7 Anthea Fair

A/N: I know I'm late but Happy New Year! As I have mentioned in "Second Chance" there has been a lot of things going on in my life. Dealing with life itself and dealing with the loss of a loved one has been hard. I'm alright now and take care of yourself and others around you <3

Inside the hospital private room, laid a sleeping girl. Her cheeks were rosy as her silver hair was spread around the white pillow. A guy sat beside the bed with a worried expression. Sander observed her beautiful features. Finally, he finally found her... his mate. A day didn't pass by when he didn't think of her since their first encounter. He remembered it too well and since then he decided to become a stronger Sander and someone worthy of her. His effort paid well off since he was the best fighter in the pack meanwhile his beta, Quinton, topped the second place.

The moment he found out who his mate really was and who her father was, he was terrified. He wasn't afraid of her or of the fact that she was the daughter of the madman John Fair, but because he was anxious about never meeting her again. He knew that her father wouldn't allow them being together because of his grudge and thirst for revenge against the werewolf community. Everyone in the world knew who John Fair was and how he could kill for fun. Sander knew the reasons behind his actions, and he understood that losing a loved one was painful, but he believed that John Fair was blinded by madness. Hell, he couldn't really blame his mate's father because he couldn't imagine losing Anthea. Getting furious by his own thoughts, Sander clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

Out of nowhere Anthea abruptly opened her eyes and she stared straight at the ceiling. She breathed out rapidly as tears rolled down her cheeks. Her pointed nose became slightly red as she hiccupped. Sander got startled by her actions and immediately held her cold hands with his warm ones.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" Sander worriedly asked. He had never comforted someone before and didn't know what to say or do. Anthea slowly glanced at the red-haired guy who took her to the hospital. She looked around her surrounding and felt a needle on her arm. Sander watched as she took in everything. While Anthea was asleep, she saw a lot of things...

Her head was full of memories which didn't belong to her. Memories of him and her.

She started to cry harder when she looked at Sander's worried expression. Zachary, Louis, Calvin...he was Sander! She was sure of it because she would only feel this way about him in every lifetime. On top of that, she was so grateful for getting her memories back.

Before both of them had the chance to say anything, the door was abruptly opened by none other than John Fair. He had been in a meeting when Lee sent him a concerning message of a certain dog taking his beloved daughter to the hospital. Of course, he was worried for her and feared that something was wrong with her. Therefore, he rushed to the hospital before he cancelled the meeting.

John Fair's expression turned ugly when he saw a guy holding hands with his daughter. Furious, he stalked towards the bed while he glared at Sander. "Let go of my daughter's hand!"

Sander felt the room turn gloomy at his arrival. He wished that his mate and he could have more alone time together. Following, his mate father's order, he gently let go of her hands. He knew that John was already mad and he didn't want to add oil to the fire.

When that disgusting hand left his daughter's small hands, John gently placed his big hands on her forehead, checking if she had a fever. Then he held her hands and asked in concern, "Darling, what happened? Are you alright?" Sander got a little surprised at how gentle he was with his mate. He never knew that the madman could be this gentle towards another human being, but he was glad that the madman loved his mate because if he found out that his mate was abused then he would kill anyone in his sigh.

"I'm fine, daddy. I just got a little bit dizzy...", Anthea answered her father, glancing between the two guys in the hospital room. She was afraid that a fight would break out because she knew her father's hatred towards werewolves. John's mind went crazy because he thought about her mental illness which was hallucination. He didn't understand why she started to hallucinate again when she was fine for the past years.

John sighed in relief when he was done checking her for other injuries. He was glad that nothing serious happened to her. Suddenly, he turned to the side, only to be met with a guy. "Sander!", John growled out. He knew who this kid was and what he was. Sander met his glare with confidence and said, "Nice to meet you, sir".

"Nice to meet you, my ass! What are you doing here? In the hospital with my daughter?!" John questioned the poor kid. Sander could feel the enmity from his mate's father. "Sir, your daughter bled through her nose and fainted. Hence, I took her to the hospital", Sander replied. He wanted John to at least not resent him because he was after all the father of his mate.

"What! You had a nosebleed? And you fainted? Are you sure you're okay? Where's the doctor?!" John asked in anguish and Anthea felt a headache forming. Her father was too protective of her which is cute but not when he is overly concerned.

"Don't worry, sir. I already talked to the doctor. She only needs to rest". Sander gently looked at his mate. John calmed down and noticed the lovesick glance the kid sent his daughter. His expression immediately turned into a grimace.

Anthea interrupted them when she saw the change in her father, "Daddy, I'm fine. I just want to sleep". John refocused his attention on his daughter. He sighed and said, "Alright, just sleep sweetheart. I will go buy you some food". She nodded and watched her father stand up. "Thank you", she whispered to Sander. He beamed and before he could answer her, John grabbed his jacket and took him out of the hospital room.

Outside the hospital room, stood John and Sander. John had his arm crossed as he glared at the kid. "Don't have any thoughts about my daughter. I refuse to let a dog near my daughter and if I find out that you're with her the next time, I swear I'll kill you", John threatened Sander before he went off to buy delicious food for his beloved daughter.

Sander slowly smirked as he watched the madman's disappearing back. Both of them clearly knew that John could never kill him because of the peace agreement. John loved his daughter too much to put her in danger by breaching the agreement. "If you only knew, old man", he mumbled and then left the hospital to buy tuxedoes with Quinton.