Arc 3:19 Valerie Osbourne

Valerie had eye contact with Prince Charles. He confusedly looked at her with a hint of lust. She smirked and stopped a meter before them. Calvin's long legs followed her action. He held her hand and put the other arm around her shoulder.

"Prince Charles and Princess Avery". Valerie sweetly smiled as she leaned into Calvin. Avery bowed her head at them and greeted back, "Greetings to King Calvin and Queen Valerie". Prince Charles followed his wife's actions and let out his hand for Valerie. She secretly scoffed and Calvin narrowed his eyes at Charles. Charles awkwardly retreated his hands and clenched his jaws. Avery avoided eye contact with Valerie as her body temperature rose.

"What are you doing at this King's place", Calvin arrogantly demanded. Every royal in Zaveri had their own place in the palace. The palace was divided into many sections. Only those who were close relatives to the current king could live in the palace. Calvin made Prince Charles place into his playground where he could train anytime.

Charles smiled and answered as he looked at Valerie, "I have something to discuss with royal brother". Calvin rose his eyebrow and glanced at Valerie. She clapped her hands and beamed, "That's great. I guess your brothers have so much to catch up. I have something to discuss with Princess Avery too".

Avery stumbled a little when she heard Valerie. She lifted her head and tried not to tremble. She looked at her husband, hoping that they could just leave but he was too focused on Valerie. She clenched her moved her hands on her back and fisted them. Before Calvin could reject, Valerie kissed his cheek and informed him, "I'll talk to you later, darling". Then she moved out of his embrace and grabbed Princess Avery's arm, dragging her towards the garden in his place.

Calvin sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was frustrated. No, he was beyond frustrated. He wanted to tell her the truth once they were inside his chamber. Now, she was gone with the woman who murdered her parents. Calvin glared at Charles before he motioned three of his shadow guards to follow and protect their future Queen. Not that the flimsy Avery could physically harm Valerie, but you never know. She was able to murder the King and Queen of Valerie. God who knows she was capable of.

King Calvin shifted his gaze on his stupid brother. His eyes dangerously drilled into Charles's ones. "So...brother. Spit it out". Calvin crossed his arms, an action of intimidating, and he leaned against the wall.

Both Valerie and Avery strolled in the Rose Garden alone. Valerie stopped and stared at the bloody red roses. Avery was wary of Valerie's every action and maintained at least a step away from her. She cast her eyes downwards.

"Do you like roses?" Valerie turned around and faced Avery. Avery felt Valerie's intense stare. She gulped and looked past her, at the roses. "I do, Queen Valerie".

Valerie rose an eyebrow and smiled. "What a pleasant surprise. I also do like roses", she leaned closer to Avery and with danger in her eyes, she sharply whispered, "It's beautiful on the outside but if you look closer, it's despicable and dangerous".

Avery stumbled backward and shockingly stared at her. She opened her mouth, "W-what do you mean?"

Valerie sneered, "Are you really stupid or are you just pretending?" Avery could feel her heart beating faster. Does she know? That thought terrified her that she almost collapsed. She was done for if Valerie knew everything.

Valerie smirked and observed her expression. "Do you really think I wouldn't know who's behind my parents' death?"

Avery widened her eyes. "It's you isn't it?" Valerie glared at her. She grabbed Avery's wrist and her nails dug into that despicable woman's skin. Avery frowned in pain and tried to shake off Valerie's hand.

"... You're hurting me", Avery cried. Valerie chuckled. "Oh sweetie, I just don't want to hurt you. I want to kill you". Avery was terrified as she stared at Valerie's dark expression. "You murdered my parents didn't you!"

Valerie shoved her down and she fell hard on the ground. Avery trembled and crawled away from her. Valerie stomped her foot on Avery's hand. Avery shrieked in pain and tears furiously ran down her cheeks. "Let go of me! It wasn't me! I didn't kill the late Queen and King!"

Valerie put more pressure on her foot. "Last chance". Valerie cast her an evil expression. Avery couldn't take the pain anymore, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It was an accident. I swear it on my life!", Avery screamed out the truth. She really didn't mean for the fire to spread. In a blink of an eye, the fire was everywhere, and she became a murder. She was so afraid that she begged for Prince Charles for help. She didn't want to die. She was too young to die. In the end, Avery only thought of herself.

Valerie got the answer she wanted. Satisfied, she let her go and Avery shakingly stood up. "Remember this as long as I live, I'll make your life a living hell and nobody – not even your husband – can help you!"

"Y-you don't have any evidence... besides no one will believe you", Avery stuttered. Valerie heard footsteps coming toward them. She looked at Avery and smirked. "Shall we see?"

Suddenly Valerie shrieked and messed her hair. She scratched her arms and crumbled her dress. Avery stood there, dumbfounded as she watched the hysteric queen. Then Valerie grabbed her hands. She widened her eyes when her hand collided with Valerie's face as Valerie fell down.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" Avery heard an angry voice boomed through the garden. She shivered when she met King Calvin's dangerous eyes.