Arc 3:5 Valerie Osbourne

His dirty-blonde hair was short, and his brown skin was glowing. He was tall, taller than her and he was muscular. His lips were thin and slightly red. His jaws were strong and sharp. His nose was pointed. His expression was stone cold. There wasn't a hint of friendliness in him, but if you really observed him closely then you could see a hidden glimt of warmth and gentleness in his red-blue mixed eyes.

"You have a beautiful voice", King Calvin complimented Queen Valerie. She arose from the seat and walked towards him. When she stood in front of him, she said, "Thank you, King Calvin". The duo resembled each other very much. Both of them don't seem very friendly nor easy to approach.

Then silence came and it reminded him of when they stood in front of her parents' gravestone. Like that time, he hated the silence between them. "May I?" King Calvin broke the silence which he hated and referred to the piano. Valerie arced her brow and nodded her head. She watch him walk past her and sitting down the seat which she just sat for a few minutes ago.

His finger began to play on the chords as the music filled her ears. At first the sounds were extremely dark and low like it was playing a miserable story. She stared at the side of his face and pondered if he had experienced something horrible to be able to play that kind of music. Then mid halfway, the sounds grew lighter and at a normal tempo. The sad music was now a happy one. His fingers were lightly playing as he was immersed in the song. Images and memories flew through his mind.

Valerie clapped her hands when he Calvin was done. "What is the song named?" She asked him in a gentle tone as her lazy eyes stared at him. "It's called 'Life as a royal'. I composed it myself", Calvin responded. She slightly tilted her head to the side and her lips were slightly open. "Oh...", before she could finish her sentence, she was interrupted by a servant, "Queen Valerie, it's dinner time".

She looked at Calvin and subtly smiled. "Shall we go?" She asked. He subtly smiled back and said, "We shall".

Soon, the duo arrived to the dinner hall. King Oscar and King James were already sitting on their chairs which the servant prepared for them. "How can those people live here? It's sooo cold", King Oscar complained. "Buuhuu for you", King James replied while rolling his eyes.

"Do you want some extra warm clothes, King Oscar?" Valerie made herself known and sat down on her chair. King Oscar turned his back from King James and faced her. He just beamed and laughed it off, "Of course not, I was just joking and in fact I love the cold weather and just call me Oscar like you did before".

Valerie just slightly arched an eyebrow upwards and grabbed the knife and fork. "As you wish, Oscar", she replied and cut the meat. When she saw that no one was eating, she said, "Dig in". They immediately began to eat and she just shook her head.

"Mhmmm, what type of meat is this?" King Oscar moaned after he ate a bite. King Calvin stopped eating and stared at Valerie. The corner of her lips were slightly arched upwards. "It's deer", she answered when she finished cutting the meat into pieces. "I love deer, don't you?" King Oscar laughed and looked at King James. King James nodded and made an approval sound. "What about you?" King Oscar asked King Calvin. Calvin moved his gaze from Valerie towards his best friend. Meeting his cold gaze, King Oscar wanted to shrink away. "Just eat".

After a moment, Calvin asked Valerie,"What are these purple potatoes called?" She looked at the purple potatoes on her plate which was beside the vegetables. "Blue Kongo" Her reply was short. He frowned at her cold attitude towards him. Her gaze was only towards her plate.

After the dessert, everyone went back to their own chambers because it was late and they had to wake up early on the morning due to the morning meeting.

Valerie sighed when she was inside her bedchamber. The maid helped her take off her gown and she changed into a nightgown. After saying goodnight to each other. The maid disappeared from her sight.

She laid down on the massive and soft bed. She closed her eyes and thought about the black ring on Calvin's finger. It felt like she had seen it before, but she wasn't sure where or when. He was handsome in this life as well. He was also interesting but his personality was a bit different from the last lifetime.

West of Osbourne

A group of vampires were lurking in the city. They were dressed in black like their heart. Their fangs were out, ready to suck. Their sharp nails glinted in the moonlight, ready to kill. A vampire evilly smiled as his grip was around a human's neck. He crocked his head to the side and licked his lips. The human man struggled and his sight became unclear due to lack of oxygen.

"Hush", the vampire put a finger on his lips when the human man gasped and made noises. "Don't make so much sound." The vampire smiled widely as the other vampires was around them.

"Just kill him, Mike" One of the vampires said and looked at Mike in boredom. "What's the fun in that?" Mike tightened his grip around the man's neck. "In addition, he hasn't told us about the secret tunnels to the Castle."

The man spit on Mike and huskily said, "I-I will n-never sa...say i-it to...to you e-even i-if my... my l-life i-is on the...t-the line!"

Mike clicked his tongue. "Wrong answer". Then he broke the man's neck and sucked the blood out of him, not leaving a drop of blood.

After Mike had his fun, he turned himself towards the others. "Ready to hunt?" He asked while drying the blood on his lips with his hand. The others evilly beamed and rubbed their hands together, showing their enthusiasm. "Finally", a vampire said before he sped off. All of the vampire sped off immediately, leaving Mike behind. He looked at the dead body on the ground and muttered, "I would let you live if you just told me the secret tunnels and you would still live if you weren't that damn loyal to my Queen!" 

Hey guys! 

How ya'all doin'?

So the subject for my exam was mathematics...the only subject I am bad in and dislike sooo much. I prepared myself for the exam, and FORTUNATELY it went well! Then after the exam, I HAD to prepare myself for another test. Basically, I spent most of my time preparing myself to the test and relaxing. My effort paid off as I got a good result. 

BUT the midterms - again - begin the week after this...I will OF COURSE try my best to update but I can't promise to write very long chapters, and if I did write long chapters then it will take longer time to update.

and I WANT YOU to KNOW that your COMMENTS inspire me so much and I love to read the comments. So grateful that you read this book<3

Good night from somewhere out there!