Arc 3:4 Valerie Osbourne

Cries and cries and cries could be heard everywhere. The houses were either burnt or half standing. The once peaceful village was now in sorrow and turmoil. Luckily, the big fire was extinguish by the help of water and the cold weather.

Prince Max clenched his hands hard as he watched this scene. If he and his friends were a few minutes late, then he couldn't imagine the outcome. The injured ones were taken care of by numerous doctors and nurses which Manu Aperta provided, while the other survivors were examined just in case something was wrong with them. The dead corpses were taken care by the police force.

"Queen Valerie have arrived", Jack, a vampire friend of Prince Max, said. He sighed, "I know". He could hear her heartbeat when she neared the village. Prince Max faced his friends and thanked them. Jack, Olaf and Joseph just shrugged it off. They were happy to help him. They were some of the vampires who wanted peace between humans and vampires.

Prince Max friends took off right after Queen Valerie rode towards Prince Max. Her cheek and nose were red from the cold wind. Her hair was flowing freely as she jumped down from the horse. Several imperial guards followed her action and observed the situation. "Help the others", she commanded them. They immediately went to action and did as ordered.

"You didn't have to come". Uncle Max looked at his niece. She licked her dry lips. "Well, I'm the Queen. I could at least check out the situation". His narrowed his eyes. "Exactly, you're the Queen and you don't need to do this. That's the point of having generals, policies, guards and the court, little one. It's dangerous and you could have an accident", Uncle Max worriedly told her. Valerie knew he was just concerned about her and she shrugged it off. She was capable of taking care of herself.

"I'm willing to take risks", she answered. Uncle Max could only shake his head at his stubborn niece.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked. She shook her head. "I'm fine. The fur coat and gloves are holding me warm", she answered and rubbed her hands against each other.

After making sure everything is in order and that every villager got help, Valerie, Uncle Max and the imperial guards rode back to the capital. It wasn't a very long ride because the capital was located north for Osbourne. The village which had been attacked wasn't that far away.

When they came home to the castle, Valerie called the court in for an urgent meeting. "We can't just sit around and do nothing when the blood suckers attack our people!", the Prime Minister of North angrily exclaimed.

Valerie sat on her throne with her hand on her chin. She looked at everyone and closed her eyes for a moment. "Careful with your words!", the Prime Minister of South warned him because their Prince was also a vampire. Prime Minister of North shut his mouth and avoided eyes contact with Prince Max.

"What suggestion do you have?". Valerie opened her sun like eyes. Everybody in the throne room could feel her overpowering and strong aura. "Queen Valerie, the vampire haven't just attacked Osbourne. They have also attacked the other three too", the Prime Minister of West informed her. She raised a brow. "Is that so?" Those vampires were really looking for trouble and... war.

"Maybe we can call in for an urgent meeting with the other three kingdom", the Prime Minister of East suggested. "I mean it's a win-win situation for all of us if we can cooperate about this".

If they really called in for a meeting with the other kingdoms, it'll be the first time every leader meet in person about political issues in history. "Okay, let's do it", Valerie said.

Four days later, the ruler of the other three kingdom came to Osbourne Kingdom's capital. "It's freezing cold here. I'm going to die from the cold weather", Oscar, King of Holldal, complained. "Stop whining, isn't it cold in Holldal too?", James, King of Ilania, asked. King Oscar grimaced. "But it's not this cold. We also have summer, remember? I love summer". King James rolled his eyes. King Oscar noticed it and sneered. "Oh I forgot that you're well adapted to this cold weather since it's freezing cold in Ilania too". King James just sighed and smacked King Oscar's head. "Can't you be more like Calvin? He comes from a burning hot kingdom and doesn't even complain about the cold weather". King Oscar just scoffed and glanced at King Calvin's poker face.