Arc 4:4 Anthea Fair

11 years later...

"I hate you!" 16-year-old Anthea screamed in tears as she stormed past her father and out of the study room. John Fair sighed out loud and tiredly sat down on the chair behind the table. It had been 11 years since the incident where his daughter disappeared. Since then he realized that this world wasn't safe for her and he feared that she would lose her life one day.

They had been arguing about public school. Anthea had been home-schooled all of her life and she wanted to attend a normal school...just like Lee and Barbara. Six years ago, the Hunters, the Protectors, and the Werewolf community called truce. They made a deal. The deal was something John Fair was strongly against ever since his wife was murdered. He didn't want a world where there was peace. No, he didn't want a world where humans and werewolves coexisted. He was a mad man but when it came to his daughter, he was the gentlest person ever. He realized that he couldn't live in a world where there were no Anthea, and he couldn't fathom the thought of facing his wife if anything was to happen to their daughter. John Fair knew he was powerful and feared, but that didn't mean he couldn't be overpowered. He didn't fear anyone or anything and he had made enemies throughout the years. He wasn't scared of his enemies but the thought of his daughter getting attacked because of his enemies terrified him.

He did it. He made a deal with the people that he hated the most. He made peace with the Protectors and the Werewolf community just to keep his daughter safe. John Fair wasn't planning on calling truce but all of that change when Anthea got ambushed six years ago. He thought he had lost his only daughter and that thought broke him. To prevent this from happening again, he realized that he must have allies. This was the only way to protect his daughter even if he hated to work with the weres.

*

Anthea cried and wiped her cheeks. She rushed into her bedroom and slammed her door shut. She was so frustrated with her dad. All she ever wanted was to attend United School where her best friends attended. United School was filled with the second generation of the three allies: the Hunters, the Protectors, and the Werewolves.

She had tried to convince her father to let her attend United School, but he wouldn't budge. He would always say, "Sweetie, you can't attend a school where those disgusting dogs are. I refuse to let you surround yourself with them". She didn't understand why her father hated the weres so much. Actually, she liked the weres even if she hadn't met one...or that's what she thought. Anthea had searched them up and she was amazed by how they choose to live. They lived in a pack where they had an Alpha. When she read about rogues, she sympathized with them. She pitied them because they were excluded from their own pack if they broke a law. She thought it was too extreme and instead of banishing them...why couldn't they just get a warning? Anthea was too young and naïve of the cruel world...

"Why?! Why?!" Anthea threw a tantrum and picked the first thing she saw which was a vase. Then she threw it down on the carpet. The vase shattered and the flowers were destroyed as the water stained the carpet.

Anthea groaned and huffed while placing her hands on her hips. She blew away her white locks and sighed. She kneeled down and was about to pick up the pieces but stopped. She stared at the red carpet and frowned. She didn't know why but she had a weird feeling about it. Like it was something important. She touched the wet carpet and stared at it while she tried to remember a piece of her memory that she didn't she had lost.

"I hope my future self is smart enough to discover this..."

A voice echoed through Anthea's mind. Startled, she stumbled backward and fell on her butt. "What was that?", she mumbled to herself and confusedly looked at the carpet. She arose from the carpet and rounded it. The next thing she did was to remove the carpet and she crunched down. Anthea frowned and let her hands wander around the wooden floor. She bit her pink lips as she concentrated.

After a few seconds, her hands stopped in a certain place. She knocked on the wooden floor with her knuckles. Moving closer to the weird sound, she slammed down her hand on it. "It seems like there's something under...", she whispered to herself. There was a little hole on the wooden plank.

Anthea surprisingly filled the little hole with her pinkie finger and used force to draw the wooden plank up. Her mouth widened in bewilderment when she saw a brown book underneath the wooden plank. Discarding the wooden plank, she plucked the unfamiliar yet familiar book up.

Dust covered the book and she blew it away. Anthea coughed from the dust as she stood up. Carefully, looking at the book she noticed her name on the book. She confusedly narrowed her brows because she couldn't remember where she had seen this book.

After making sure that the door was locked, she sat on her bed. Her heartbeat went faster as she read the first page of the diary...

Dear my future self

I really hope you find this or else I'm afraid I have failed.

You are clearly confused, and I understand that. It all started when I went missing.

I started to lose my memories and acted my age, only to get my memories back a few days later. Right now, I'm sitting in my room writing this and I just got back the forest where I met a red-haired boy. His name was Sander. The funny thing is that

I can't forget him. It's like I'm drawn to him and I suspect that he's him.

You are probably wondering who he is... and you'll know the answer once you remember everything.

The incident started with just me wanting to help Barbara escape my father's lecturing. So, I made Lee teach me sword-fighting. Somewhere along the way,

I forgot about my memories.

I don't know how but I was suddenly in my father's embrace as we reached my bedroom. The memories of me running into the forest, getting lost, meeting Sander and John Fair finding me in a cave came back.

I was overwhelmed and it scared me. The last thing I remember was begging John to have one bodyguard and not to punish my best friends.

Then I realized that something was happening to me. This was a sign of me forgetting my original memories and acting like I was Anthea Fair. I fear that at some point my memories won't come back...

Therefore, I decided to write this letter to my future self to remind me of my original goal in case I forget everything. Unfortunately, everything is not what it seems... it's not a real world.

I hope your memories come back after reading this letter, Ailee Wolfhart.

Dearest from

Five-year-old Anthea Fair