Arc 2:8 Laleh Darling

A/N: I have changed the writing style to past simple.

A month, four weeks and thirty days had passed since Laleh Darling met Zachary Lahey. He just disappeared like he never existed. Country Diamond have been more alerted and secretive like never before. Nobody was allowed to get in nor get out of the country. The citizens of Country Diamond held a ceremony for those braze pilots who protected their country with their life. The government made sure that those pilots' family wouldn't worry about the economy and other stuff. Despite all the luxuries and comforts the families received, they weren't happy. They were sad and grieved for their lost ones.

After the incident, the pilot experts increased their training methods. The Pilot Academy changed the lessons and made them more difficult and harder. The sophomore's learning plan became the freshman's while the junior's learning plan became the sophomore's as the senior's learning plan became the junior's. The senior's learning plan was now in the same level as the pilot experts. The upper hands decided that it would be good experiences for the seniors to feel what it's like to be a real pilot before they became one. When they graduate from the academy, they would be wise, mature and their skills and senses would increase. Plus, they would have a great understanding of what to do when they were in a situation.

Zachary Lahey have been busy lately and forgot about the deal between his maid and him. He made sure to replace all the leaders in each squad except Hudson Steinfeld. He badly wanted to but his father had disagreed to it, thus Zachary had no choice but to let Steinfeld continue to be leader for Team Swift.

Lahey sat on his chair as he stared at the messy hologram screen before him which was full of informations about the enemy aka Country Gold. He sighed out in tiredom and stood up. Everything was messed up. He had recently found out that Country Gold had sent spies to his country, and those spies have been feeding Country Gold with important informations. Luckily, they have captured all of the traitors before they could do more damage.

Hudson walked in without knocking or making an appointment. "Lahey", Steinfeld voice dragged Zachary out of his thoughts. He turned to face his rival and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?" Lahey's voice was filled with hostility. Hudson ignore his ex-bestfriend's hostile behavior and said, "When are you going to continue your teaching?"

Zachary was confused, "Teaching?" Hudson sighed and crossed his arms, "Yes...remember freshman class A?" It took Lahey about thirty seconds before he remembered. He wasn't done teaching class A because he have been so busy dealing with training the pilot experts. Darling... Laleh Darling... the deal... oh no!

"S***!" Zachary cursed as he stormed passed Steinfeld. He stared at his ex-bestfriend's disappearing silhouette in confusion. "Wondering who made him rush like an idiot...", he murmured before deciding to meet up with Joanne Darling, his girlfriend. While Laleh and Zachary didn't meet this while month, Hudson and Joanne took their friendship to another level.

*

Laleh Darling was in a incredible awful mood. She was in her dorm. On the wall was a picture of Zachary Lahey which was full of many tiny holes. "Can never trust boys! They will always go back on their words and promises and deals!" She sneered as she threw the small yet light knife on her hand towards the picture. The knife hit right between Lahey's eyebrows.

She huffed as she brushed her hands on her pants. She has waited a whole freaking month and yet he hadn't looked for her.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. She whipped her head towards the door and slumped down on the bed. She was not in the mood to meet any people at the moment. She shouldn't trust that boy so easily. She was his maid and did many unreasonable things for him and yet he just disappeared. Alright, she knew he had been busy recently but that wasn't a good reason for not keeping the deal.

The doorbell rang again. Minutes passed and still she didn't open the door. Suddenly, the doorbell rang again and again and it didn't stop. Laleh frowns and covered her ears with her small hands. "Is the person trying to kill my ears?!" Laleh tramped towards the door. Her hands gripped the doorknob as she swung the door open. "What!" She yelled as she glared at the person. Then she realized the annoying person was none other than Zachary Lahey. She gasped and slammed the door close. Her back leaned against the door as her heart beats. She tried to even her breath. It has been a month and he... his eyes... the way he looked at her was the same way he did. It was exactly the same loving gaze she had seen before.

She shakes her head and cleared her mind. "Haha... no... I must be wrong." How can someone look at someone the way Zachary did when they have known each other just for a month? He must be crazy...

Laleh jumped, clearly startled when the doorbell rapidly rang. She sighed and opened the door. "Five seconds", she said and glared at him. He opened his kissable lips and was about to say something but Laleh interrupted him, "Four seconds." Zachary frowned.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

"Time's up. Bye!" Laleh said and was about to slam the door again, but he stopped it with his foot. He stared at her. "Don't be unreasonable", his voice was calm as the ocean and his clear eyes held her gaze. Laleh frowns and crossed her arms. "Me? Unreasonable?" she scoffed and tapped her foot against the floor. "Let me in", he ordered. "No". He arched his brow. "No?" He said as she nodded her head. His expression hardened.

"Darling", he said. His gaze met hers. Vibrant green eyes against forest green with chocolate brown eyes. "Let me in before I do something we both will regret", Lahey warned. Laleh wanted to smack his head but eventually resisted as she let him in.

Laleh closed the door as she sighed. She turned around and crossed her arms. "What do you want", her voice was cold as ice as her eyes stared dagger towards him. Zachary was secretly amused at her childish behaviour but didn't show it due to not anger his darling more than he had already. He stepped towards her as she stepped backwards. Her back met the door as his two muscular arms trapped her. She was cornered by him.

"I'm sorry", he whispered, referring to the broken deal. Laleh scoffed as she rolled her eyes. Sorry wasn't good enough. It wasn't going to fix her anger and disappointment. Did he know how much she has been dreaming about the jet? And he took the opportunity to meet the jet away from her!

Lahey narrowed his eyes. "Don't roll your beautiful eyes at me", he warned in a firm tone. Laleh challenged him, "Or what." Zachary smirked, "Or you'll face the consequence." With that he clashed his thin lips against hers. Laleh's eyes widen as she tried to push him away but he was too strong. His large yet gently hands travels to her face as he cupped her cheeks. "Mmm... you taste so sweet... like strawberry", he moaned as he kissed her delicious lips. Laleh blushed as he hands danced to his broad shoulders. His wicked tongue asked for permission as he licked her bottom lip. She opened her mouth willingly. His tongue attacked hers as they molded into an old familiar history.

Lahey didn't know how or when he fell for her, but that didn't matter. He has always had this feeling whenever he saw her. He thought she was familiar yet he has never seen nor meet her in his life. Nevermind, he didn't care as long as she was in his arms... where she belonged.

"Wow", Laleh catched her breath once their lips separated. Her chest heaved up and down. Zachary nodded along, agreeing with her comment. Suddenly, her eyes turned dangerously dark as she pushed him away, hard. This time she succeeded.

Lahey groaned, "What is it now Darling?" Laleh shot daggers at him. "I'm still mad at you", she confessed and crossed her arms. Zachary looked apologocatly at her, "About the deal... I'm sorry." She arched a brow and stayed silent. Then an idea popped into his mind. He grinned at her. This was going to make her happy and forget about her anger towards him.

"Why don't we meet my jet now?" He requested. Laleh eyes lit up. She stared at him in excitement. "Are you serious?" She asked, her eyes shining. He nodded as her face formed into a smile. "You're the best!" She shrieked and hugged him. He gladly embraced her as his eyes shone in amusement. Her attitude completely changed. It was so different from the previous one.

Then his eyes glanced around the room and his gaze landed on a certain picture. "What the..."