Arc 1:8 Daisy Hill

"Okay, it's enough! Spill the beans!" Lovise slammed her fist on the table as she looked at Daisy.

Lovise was getting tired of Daisy's behaviour lately.

"It's nothing..."

Again, Daisy pretended to be fine.

Lovise sighed, "If you're fine, why are you sad?"

Daisy has been sad and angry for the past weeks, and Lovise didn't understand why her best friend, who usually was optimistic, was now the opposite of optimistic.

Actually, Daisy wasn't really that sad or angry at all. Louis had stood her up more than once, because his friend had a situation or because of family problems. Of course, it hurted a little that her boyfriend lied.

"Is it because of my stupid brother?" Lovise asked.

Daisy bit her lip and lowered her head.

Lovise sneered, "That b*stard! I'm gonna teach him a lesson-"

"No, please don't interfere", Daisy whispered as her teary eyes met Lovise's angry ones.

She frowned, "Why not?"

"...because it's our problem", Daisy answered and held her hand.

Lovise didn't know what happened between them, but if her idiot brother hurted Daisy then she will have no hesitation in kicking his balls.

At last Lovise agreed, "Okay but if this continues don't except me to stand still."

Daisy nodded and gratefully hugged her best friend.

*

Daisy sat in the living room as she watched Paradise Hotel, but her attention wasn't on the show. She thought about her future plans and how she will make Louis Gamino fall for her.

But little did she know that he fell for her when they met for the first time.

"Here are your favourite cookies," Olivia placed the plate full of cookies down on the living table.

"Thank you, Olivia", Daisy smiled up at her and took a cookie.

"No problem, Miss", then she dissapeared like she appeared.

Daisy moaned as she ate the cookies. It was so good, and it tasted so heavenly that no words could describe it.

As she was busying herself with the cookies, someone rang on the door.

Olivia stopped doing what she did and went to open the door.

"Hello, sir. Can I help you?", she said and glanced at the handsome man before her.

"Is Daisy home?" Louis Gamino asked impatient.

Olivia seemed surprised. She has never thought that Daisy would have friends, especially men. After all, Olivia had never seen Daisy interacted with other all these years she worked here.

"What's your name, sir?" She asked.

"Louis Gamino", Louis answered, looking annoyed. She widened her eyes. Who didn't know about the Gaminos? They are one of the most powerful and wealthiest family in the world.

Olivia cleared her throat and hurriedly walked into the living room.

"Miss, Louis Gamino is looking for you", Olivia informed Daisy.

"Okay, you can go now", Daisy dismissed Olivia and arose form the couch. Finally, he decided to meet her. It had been a week since they last saw each other.

She marched towards the door, finding her boyfriend standing there.

"Come in", Daisy said and turned around.

Louis seemed upset at her behaviour.

"No hug and kiss?" Louis asked and went towards her. She sighed and led him into the living room.

She plumped down on the sofa, totally ignoring Louis.

"Are you mad?" Louis sat down beside her and hugged her. She didn't answer him and watched the TV.

"I'm sorry", he tried kissing her but she resisted.

"For what", Daisy whispered.

"For everything", Louis answered. He was truly sorry for how he treated Daisy lately. He had to cancel their dates multiple times due to his unprepared missions.

"I promise I'll make it up for you", he leaned into her neck and sniffled her unique scent.

"Really?"

"Of course, my love", Louis smiled and hugged her tighter. His smile seemed to infect her, because she couldn't help but smile back.

The couple mended their relationship as they cuddled.

*

"Where is the bathroom?" Louis asked.

"Go straight and to the left", Daisy answered as he arose from the sofa.

Louis dissapeared out of her sight. Then his phone rang from the table.

Daisy took the phone and narrowed her eyes when the caller was Amanda Qi.

Daisy answered the call. She knew it wasn't right to do so, but at the moment she doesn't care.

"Hi Louis. Are you up for breakfast tomorrow with Gale and I?"

Daisy breathed slowly as she held the phone near her ear.

"Hello?"

"..."

"Louis? Are you there?"

Suddenly, the phone was grabbed out of her grasp.

Daisy slowly glanced up at Louis.

"I'll call you back", he said into the phone and hung up.

He stared at Daisy, and Daisy did the same. None of them talked, and just stared into each other eyes.

She broke the eye contact, and lowered her eyes as she gripped the hem of her sweater, hard.

"Daiz...", Louis whispered after a long time.

"Who is she?" Her voice sounded weak and vulnerable.

He sat in front of her and cupped her face, "She's just a friend."

Daisy bitterly laughed. He hugged her tightly and caressed her hair.

She closed her eyes, and began to act according to her plan.

Daisy sniffled and pushed him away. Her red, wet eyes met his confused ones.

"Leave."