Arc 2:18 Laleh Darling

PS: Haven't looked through the grammatical in this chapter

While Penelope suffered from humiliations, Monica's world was shattered. All of her life's work was gone in a blink of an eye. Her model career was completely over and she knew she would never make a comeback. Not because she doesn't want to but because she couldn't. After she offended a artist under the same modelling company as her, she was blacklisted from the model industry, to make it even worse, she was blacklisted from the entertainment and acting industry too. She never thought this could happen to her. She was after all a Lahey but little did she know that it was one of her own kin that destroyed her modell career.

*

"Darling, are you sure?" Zachary asked Laleh for the nth time in this day. Laleh sighed and looked at her boyfriend. She plucked his long locks to his ear as she studied his face. How was it possible that this man's face was so smooth and flawless? No matter how hard she kept on looking, she couldn't find a single pimple.

"You have to cut your hair soon", Laleh uttered as her fingers traced on his cheek. Zachary held her hand and kissed the back of her hand. "You didn't answer my question", he reminded her and looked into her brown-greenish eyes. She looked bored at him, almost irritated. "I've answered your stupid questions several times already", she answered and withdrew her hand.

He wrinkled his nose and smashed his thin, kissable lips. He knew he had asked her many times before, but he had to make sure of it even if he had to ask a thousand times. "Are you really really like really sure?" Zachary wouldn't give in and continued with his question.

Laleh gave up and spoke, "Yes I'm really really like really sure that my dad will like your gift." He skeptically looked at her and was about to say something but she beat him to it, "Zach,you don't have to worry or be nervous at all. Look at me", she placed her hands on his face and made him meet her gaze, "relax, just relax. It's just my dad."

Zachary took a deep breath and breathed out. "Sweetie, that's the point. That man is your father who raised you and I'm so grateful for your parents that they made you. If it wasn't for them then I wouldn't have meet you", he spoke and stroked her cheek. Laleh smiled and her smile seemed to be contagious as he began to grin. "He will like you for sure", she calmed him down with her words. Zachary felt the warmth in his heart spread more. The tingling and amazing feeling wouldn't go away and he openly welcomed it.

"Okay! Guys stop being so lovey dovey. It's time to go", Joanne was leaning towards Laleh's bedroom door while Hudson stood behind her. Laleh just rolled her eyes as Zachary intertwined their fingers together. Joanne and Hudson had already left and Laleh and Zachary followed after them.

*

The ride to Dawn restaurant was quick since it was only ten minutes from where the dormitories were. The black car parked outside of the restaurant. Zachary stepped out first and then held out his hand for Laleh. She gave him a small smile and held onto his hand. After she stepped out of the car, he shut the car door and marched to the trunk. He opened it and took out a shiny yellow bag. The bag was square and not too small nor too big. It was clearly that the bag was expensive and detailed. Laleh's eyes landed on the brown tree figure on the yellow bag.

Zachary closed the trunk and intertwined his fingers with his girlfriend's. Hudson and Joanne were already standing in front of the entrance, waiting for them. Hudson was wearing a brown suit which looked incredible on him while Joanne wore a purple dress. The dress reached about ten inches above her knees and it covered her long arms.

"What did you bring?" Zachary asked Hudson, glancing at the small bag in his hand. Hudson looked at the yellow bag in Zachary's hand and answered, "Heavenly Chocolate, you?" Zachary wore a black suit while Laleh decided to match him. She wore a black jumpsuit. The only place where her skin showed was her back while the jumpsuit covered everything in the front. It suited her perfectly and hugged her tightly, showing off her curves. To complete her look, she wore a simple heart-shaped diamond necklace which Zachary gifted her on the valentine.