Arc 3:13 Valerie Osbourne

A/N: Was feeling so excited reading your comment. You make me laugh too. Enjoy ;) 

PS: I dropped a hint in this chapter what the next arc is about. Let's see who can guess it right!

Calvin stared at the vampire who stood five meters apart from them. He knitted his brows and hastily hid Valerie behind him, ready to protect her at any cost. Stubbles were visible on his jaw because he hadn't shaved in days. Nevertheless, it made him look more mature. He wore a white, thin sweater which made his tanned skin stand out. His dark blonde hair wasn't styled as usual. His hair was messy which Valerie founded sexy.

Mike stared at Calvin's action in rage. The anger rushed through his body when he saw his angel hiding behind another man's back. He felt slightly betrayed and hissed at Calvin. Mike glared at Calvin like he was his prey.

The ground was cold and wet from the snow. Tall, thick and thin trees surrounded them. The moon shone brightly and there were barely any stars in the night sky. The only thing that was attracting attention was Mike's flaming eyes.

"Who are you", Calvin demanded to know. He felt Valerie holding his warm hands behind him. Her soft breath fanned against his back. She was at least a head shorter than him. Mike chuckled and tilted his head to the side.

"Who am I? Are you really asking who I am, mate?" Mike laughed out loud and threw his head back. Calvin narrowed his eyes as he watched the psycho. Valerie rolled her eyes and felt the heat from Calvin's hand.

Mike stopped laughing and his smile was gone as if he had never smiled in the last seconds. His expression became serious and cold. Blue veins became visible on his pale neck and under his eyes.

Before Calvin could take another breath, Mike lunged forward in his vampire speed. Calvin's eyes went wide, and he reacted fast when he pushed Valerie to the side. She fell down on the hard ground. Valerie grunted in pain and rolled on her back. She opened her closed eyes and panickily searched for the king.

Mike's hand was tightly wrapped around Calvin's neck. He slammed Zaveri against the tree and hoisted him up. Calvin's feet began to dangle when he lost contact from the ground. His face became pale as he tried to breath. Mike evilly smirked and enjoyed his enemy's pain. Blood ran down Calvin's neck when Mike's sharp nails dug into his skin. Calvin hissed in pain and tried to break free.

Calvin reached for his pants' pocket and took out a small knife. The scabbard fell down and he raised the knife towards Mike's heart. Mike was so immersed in watching Calvin's pain that he failed to detect the incoming danger. Calvin smirked back at Mike as he ruthlessly thrust the knife into Mike's heart.

The pleasure from Mike's face turned into a pained one. Hid hold on Calvin's neck loosened as he sank down in pain. Normally, a knife stabbing his heart wouldn't do any harm to him BUT this knife in his heart was made of silver. Silver was like poison to vampires.

Calvin inhaled the air the moment Mike let go of his neck. His face was red, and his neck was also bloody red due to the blood. Calvin didn't hesitate and immediately swung his foot forward towards the knife. He thrust the knife further in Mike's heart with a strong force, making Mike fall down on his back.

Calvin began to kick the fallen vampire on his stomach and face. He grabbed Mike's hair and punched his face till his knuckles were ripped. Mike spit out the blood from his mouth to Calvin's face and punched him back. Calvin roared in fury as resentment filled his body. Calvin crazily lunged forward, ready to end Mike but didn't succeed when Mike dodged him.

The vampire hastily tore the knife out from his heart as he groaned in pain. His hands were shaking as the knife fell down on the ground. His hands were burnt from the silver. Mike hissed and cracked his head. Calvin made a move and attempted to punch him, but it was a human against a vampire. It was clear who was in favor and who's not.

Valerie ran towards them. They were at least twenty meters away from her. Her heart rapidly beat against her chest and her breath became heavier and heavier. Each step she took felt like years. Before her, she saw her lover on the ground with Mike above him. She gasped when Mike clawed his face. Tears ran down her red eyes. At the moment she couldn't think about anything else but saving him. She was so scared to lose him as she sped up.

Mike's fang sharpened as he was about to bite Calvin's neck and tear it. Before he could do anything of that, Valerie pushed him to the side. She landed on top of him as Mike's face greeted the ground. Calvin breathed in relief, but it was immediately replaced with terror. He hurriedly rose up and saw Valerie in the arms of Mike. His right hand held her wrists behind her back and his left hand held her neck.

"LET HER GO!" Calvin roared. His body trembled in anger and fear. He was afraid of losing her. Before he could take a step towards them, Mike tightened his hold on her neck which made her cry. Calvin's heart tightened. How dare him?! He wouldn't dare to make her cry yet this bloodsucking vampire did! Calvin's fisted his hands, his short nails dug into his skin.

Mike laughed, "One more step then you'll regret it!" Calvin hesitated and stood still. He didn't want to risk Valerie's life. "What? Are you afraid?", Mike mocked Calvin. Valerie shuddered. "Just kill me". She shut her eyes, ready to accept death. She had never been afraid of death before and it hasn't changed.

"What did you say, princess?"

"DON'T YOU DARE!"

Mike and Calvin shouted at the same time, but Mike was amused while Calvin was scared shitless of her statement.

Tears fell down her pale cheek. Her dry lips shivered, and her hands tugged her nightdress. She felt Mike's breath on her neck. "Shhhh...don't cry, princess", Mike whispered. His red eyes shone, and he looked at the restless Calvin.

"Let her go! Please! What do you want?! I can give you everything, anything! Everything you desire!" Calvin was desperate. He lost his cool. The usual calm Calvin showed fear with his body language for the first time.

"Everything and anything?" Mike smiled. Calvin nodded, "Yes as long as you let her go!"

Mike pretended to think. "All I want is my angel", Mike stated before he abruptly sharpened his fangs and bit Valerie's neck.

"NO!", Calvin shouted and rushed towards them. Anxiety and angst shone in his lilac eyes.