Arc 2:7 Laleh Darling

*Haven't had time to check the grammatics on this chapter either*

Time passes as Laleh gets more and more angry at Zachary while he just enjoys it. The clock hits six pm when his X-phone starts to ring loudly. He frowns when he realises that the caller is Hudson Steinfeld. They are not exactly friendly to each other. They were once best friends but that ended when Steinfeld accused Lahey for stealing his girlfriend. That story is for another time.

Zachary lets the phone ring without answering it. Laleh sighs as she glances at his phone in irritation. "Answer your damn phone!" She hisses when the phone rings for the tenth time. Lahey answers the phone because she looks like she's ready to attack him if he doesn't answer the call. "Goddamn! What took you so long?!" Zachary can hear Hudson says in relief and irritation. "What do you want", he demands and doesn't bother to answer the question. Hudson hurriedly informs him, "Country Diamond needs us right now! Were under attack. I have mobilized all of the pilots and meet us in the air!"

Lahey curses as hangs up. He taps STORM on his X-watch. The small materials immediately replace his clothes and creeps on his skin. When he's done transforming, he turns to a dumbfounding Laleh. "Go back to your dorm. I've to leave. Duty calls", he says in a serious voice. All the teasing and joyful expressions are wipe away from his cold face. Laleh just nods as she watches Zachary calls for his jet. Then a shiny black jet shows itself before them. Lahey climb inside the jet as he closes his eyes, connecting his brain to the system. Admiration and envy shine in her hazel eyes. When she's about to touch the jet with her hands, he opens his eyes and abruptly flies the jet upwards in the sky. Damn! Laleh curses as she stomps back to her dorm.

*

Five hundred jets fly toward the ocean. The Lahey jet is in the front row, leading all the others. "Team Hawk east, Team Falcon south, Team Eagle west and Team Swift north. One, two, three GO!" Zachary commands through the system connecting with all of the other jet's system. The five hundred jets divide and fly towards their direction with their squads. Lahey flies south and leads his group. Each squad has a leader, and Lahey is the leader of Team Falcon.

Soon, the enemies jets appear as Team Falcon prepears themself for the battle. "Go two and two together and fight for our motherland", Lahey speaks in pride. Team Falcon did exactly what he said. The best of being a pilot is the pride and honour. It's their duty to protect the citizens of Country Diamond. To protect their fathers, mothers and children. Most of the pilots have a difficult past and therefore they want to be a pilot so that they can protect people. But there are cons about being a pilot. You never know when you'll die. It could be today, tomorrow or next week. You'll never know. Country Diamond has been in war with Country Gold for about a year now. Country Gold is greedy and wants to extend their land. They want to become the richest and powerfulest country in Planet X. Country Gold's wish will come true by taking Country Diamond down. The other countries don't dare to intervene, because this is between two powerful countries. Country Silver and Bronze are weaker and plus they don't want to offend one of the country so they have decide to stay neutral.

Clouds are everywhere and the sun is replace by the rain. Thunders roar as they fight in the air. Zachary shoots at the enemies jets while they did the same. "Go invisible!" He grits his teeth as all of the Team Falcon's jets go invisible. Unfortunately for Country Gold, they haven't develop this ability yet. There is a reason why Country Diamond is the best in Planet X. They have the best technology, the best military force, the smartest people - because of the extraordinary education - and the best nutrients.

The enemies get confuse when the Country Diamond's jets suddenly disappear. Loud noises can be heard when the enemies jets explode. One after one. When the last enemy's jet explode, all of the Team Falcon's jets become visible. Zachary flies towards the other squads with an unreasonable expression as his group follows after him. He never finds joy in killing people but it's his duty. He's born to do it. He's born in a Pilot family after all...

When they reach their destination, they stop their jet. The leaders of each squad steps out of their jet. Zachary stands on the top of the jet's head. He glances at the leaders and the others. "How many", his eyes meet each one of the leaders ones. The leader of Team Hawk announces, hurt visible in his voice, "Five deaths." Lahey closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before opening them again. He stares at the leader of Team Eagle. "Eight deaths", the leader of Team Eagle shamefully speaks. Zachary clenches his fists. "One death", the leader of Swift says aka Hudson. Zachary stares at Hudson Steinfeld. "I'm very disappointed in you leaders! What happened to cause so many deaths?! We are the powerfulest one here! We have the advantage! Our jets are far more better than theirs and we have better pilots! So why?!" Zachary Lahey spats as he scolds the leaders. They lower their head in shame and regret. He glare at them as he talks in a pissed voice, "I expected better result! Are you all really worthy of being the leader of your squad?! I have no tolerance for deaths. It's better to come home with injures than not coming home at all! They have family to come back to and to take care off! This is the most insultiest moment in Country Diamond's history!"

"We're sorry", the leaders say at the same time. This seems to piss Zachary even more. "Sorry doesn't help! It doesn't bring back the deads! We will have a urgent meeting once we reach home!" Zachary Lahey fiercy hisses and hops into his jet. He leads his group back home and the other leaders follow his lead. He is so furious that his body begins to tremble.

"Team Hawk: five deaths, Team Eagle: eight deaths, Team Swift: one death and Team Falcon: zero death. Fourteen deaths in total", Zachary informs the system and the system sends the news to Country Diamond's news channel.

How's the arc so far?

Thanks for COMMENTING&READING&VOTING <3

-foreverhistorybook