Chapter Two

"Goodness gracious!" Sandra exclaimed when she woke up in the morning, cuddled on the couch by the naked Sarah Paulson.

She took off Sarah's arm that was hugging her waist and immediately picked her crumpled clothes on the floor. Sarah sat up, not minding what state herself was in. She looked at a frantic Sandra who was rushing to button her top up.

"Why are you staring?" Sandra exclaimed in annoyance, picking up Sarah's robe. "Get dressed!" She continued, throwing the robe at her.

Sarah smiled and slipped into the robe. Sandra went to the kitchen and grabbed herself a glass of water. What happened last night shouldn't have happened and she knew that. She leaned her hand on the countertop as she drunk the glass, emptying it when she felt a pair of arms snaking on her waist.

"Good morning..." Sarah whispered against her ear, placing a subtle  kiss on the crook of her neck.

The older brunette sighed, turning around as she withdrew her body from Sarah's arms. She backed away from her and signalled her not to come any closer. She was a full mess, and Sarah was just acting like what happened between the two of them was normal.

"Sandy, why?"

She ran her hands on her hair. "Sarah, look. This can't be happening. What happened between us should not have happened." She said, throwing her the words in a spiteful way. "You know Cate and I are together and I love her." She sighed and looked into her, as if telling her to ease down. "I love her so much."

Sarah smiled and took her hands, gently caressing it in a way that was calming her down. Sarah's eyes were slowly melting unto the brunette's soulful orbs, but Sandy knew it was wrong. What happened last night was nothing but a flinch of lust, towering over her morality.

"Sandy, I can keep our secret."

"Yes! This should stay between us and let's forget that last night was --"

Sarah stopped her by placing her finger on her lips. " -- and I can keep a secret relationship."

Sandra's eyes widened. "No! Look, you don't understand. I love Cate, okay?"

"And I love you."

"Sarah, please. Don't make this hard."

Sarah smiled and kissed her cheek. "I love you, Sandy and what happened between the two of us last night was something I could not just forget. I'll get going. Think about it."

And as soon as she heard the door closed, the tears that she had been controlling fell. She felt disgusted of herself and felt sorry for Cate. She then trudged her way to the bathroom to somehow think; she needed to breathe. The cold tiles kissed Sandra's feet and somehow it relaxed her senses. Turning the shower on, she closed her eyes and let herself be poured by the cold water. She felt filthy and as soon the water hit her body, she cried. Never did she imagine to end up staining her relationship with Cate. Cate had been her home and she could not risk losing her home. It's like she and Cate were puzzle pieces, made to be linked in ways nobody could explain and without the other one, one would feel incomplete. She didn't want to be incomplete. After her break-up with Bryan, Cate had been her source of archor. Cate held her when she was lost and had given her hope in days she felt like there was none. She hated herself for betraying Cate. She hated it.

Sandra was back in trance when she heard the cluncking of heels inside her room. She wiped her face and slid into her robe when she heard the sweetest voice; her lover was there. Her heart was beating so fast when she came out of the shower seeing Cate in a nude bodycon dress, leaning against her door, smiling at her. That smile - that sweet smile that she would fall over and over again doesn't deserve to be stained by any other things. Her eyes watered and no matter how hard she tried not to cry, her tears fell.

"Oh honey..." Cate rushed unto her and kept her in a gentle embrace. "Why are you crying?" She asked, in her soft voice before kissing Sandy's head.

Sandy offered a smile before she encircled her arms on the blonde's neck. She didn't bother being soaking wet. She just needed to hug Cate and to be hugged in return was kind of a remedy. She knew that was what she needed. The warmth and security coming from Cate's hug was cleansing her messy mind. It felt like a drug - one that she would not mind taking in. When she felt that she relaxed, she broke the hug, but decided to kept the space closed. Cate's hand fell on the small on her back and Sandra's arms fell on Cate's. The feel of each other's skin was enough for Sandra. It was love and it could not be questioned.

"Care to tell why did you cry?" Cate asked, gently rubbing her back.

Sandra smiled. "I just.... missed you."

First lie. It felt like her saliva had dried up, so dry like the Arabian deserts. She was almost caught up, wanting to say the truth, but she could not. Her tongue wanted to betray her, but she didn't want to hurt her lover. Cate was just too precious and her fragility was something she could not risk breaking. Cate smiled and her ocean blue eyes sparkled, as if those were tiny specks of seas being reflected by the sun. Cate nudged closer, made her noses touched and it made Sandra felt even more guilty.

"And I missed you too."

Sandra heaved a sigh, trying to let out weighted emotions from her core. She smiled at Cate once more while tucking some of Cate's loose hair behind her ear.

"I'll get dressed, beautiful. You wait for me, okay?" She mumbled, tapping Cate's cheek before she went to her dresser, scanning for clothes that she's comfortable in.

Cate smiled and sauntered her way towards Sandra's bedroom. She laid down, stretching her arms like a child while looking at the ceiling.

"Sweetheart?" Cate chimed.

"Yes?"

"Sarah invited us for dinner tonight."

And with that sentence, Sandra's world slowly stopped. It felt like a bomb was ticking, nearing its death. She closed her dresser with her heart thumping on her chest, wanting to get out.

It couldn't be.

***