Chapter Thirty Three

The golden sun was so alive and so were the seas outside. The crashing of the feral waves could be heard - so gentle, so calming, and so relaxing, but the more the waves ran to kiss the sleeping shore, the more it sounded like bombs, exploding and slapping against the surface. The palm trees were swaying along the breeze of the wind. A new day was up, yesterday died. Cate slowly moved on the bed. It was still early, but her eyes wouldn't want to sleep anymore. She slowly opened her eyes, rubbing her orbs to peel away the remaining heaviness out. When she was fully awake, she sat up on the bed right away. Her clothes were scattered on the floor, and when she looked at herself, she was naked. She immediately covered herself with the blanket. How did it happen? She couldn't remember a single fragment from last night, but she was getting some patches when Abby came out of her room's bathroom wearing nothing, but her own shirt.

"Hi, good morning. I didn't have anything to wear and didn't want to go back to my room yet, so I borrowed your shirt. I hope it's okay." Abby flashed her a smile as the young woman picked a lotion, "I'm gonna ask some of this too." She added, raising a bottle of lotion on hand before she went on to pouring it on her hand, and applied it on her skin.

Cate sat on the bed, silent as a corpse. She was trying to open her head and rewind what happened, because she couldn't really remember a single thing. She felt fine, her head wasn't throbbing, but she lost the memories of last night. All she could pick was the fact that she and Abby drank last night at the bar, but she didn't have a piece of how she came home, and now she woke up naked and Abby was inside her room. The blonde was pulled into reality when Abby sat on the bed and started placing  kisses on her neck.

"Hey, stop... stop." Cate spoke, pulling the blanket more as to cover herself.

"Are you okay?" Abby sweetly asked as she moved to sit beside her, "Why?"

Cate sighed before she turned to face her, "I don't remember last night."

Abby's lips parted. A moment of silence came until Abby cleared her throat. She shot the blonde a look - something that the blonde couldn't decipher what look was it. Abby then bit her lower lip.

"You don't remember last night?"

Cate shook her head, "No."

Abby's lips drew into a thin smile, "Okay. Well, I can help you remember." Abby jested and without hesitation, she moved and kissed the blonde.

Cate was shocked. Abby's lips were on hers, but despite the millisecond-freeze of her brain, she was able to move away, causing the kiss to break.

"What?"

"Abby, I'm serious."

Abby heaved a sigh, "Look, I'm offended." She looked at the blonde seriously, "You really don't?"

"I don't."

Abby got up from the bed and started picking up all the discarded clothes on the floor. She then moved towards the sofa on the other corner and put all of the clothes there before she walked towards the blonde and stood in front of her.

"See those clothes? We peeled it off from our body last midnight." She sat beside the blonde on the bed, "We had sex last night."

"Oh my goodness." Cate silently muttered to herself as she ran her hand across her hair while the other one stayed on her chest, still holding the blanket to cover her body.

Abby turned to face her, "Look, we had a lovely midnight. We enjoyed and we loved it. I can even ---"

"Abby, look." Cate pulled the blanket more, "You know I love Sandra. I love her still and you know that. What happened between us was a mistake. I was honest with you about me wanting to make her jealous and that's it. I cannot give you --"