Chapter Nineteen

[ Just three months ago,  Hollywood A-listers,  Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett shook the world with their split-up. Rumours have been circulating that there's a third party involved, nonetheless, it's unconfirmed. Following the break up, Cate Blanchett was seen three days ago at Los Angeles California International Airport kissing a woman. Is this a hint as to why the Hollywood power couple broke up? Tune in for more --- ]

"Motherfucking news update!" Cate madly yelled as she threw the remote over her television.

She felt like an open casket right now and her dead body being feasted by people who didn't have the rights to. Mad and miserable - she would be lying if Cate would say she's not feeling those. It would be an enormous lie to say that she's perfectly okay, because she's not. First off, she's mad at everything - at what she did, to how the events turned out. The hell, her mind tricked her that it was Sandra, but the woman she was kissing wasn't. She's utterly miserable. The news of her kissing a woman at the airport became a running story in the press - it's been pasted on tabloids, in morning and evening news, and she was sure that everyone saw the news, including Sandra.

She got off her couch and sauntered her way to the kitchen. She then grabbed shots of the tequila that she made just an hour ago. She winced her eyes shut as she took two shots consecutively. The brownish tangerine liquid glided down her throat, burning each flesh  that had been touched into dusts, but it felt kinda nice. The pain in her heart could somehow be forgotten as she nursed the pain of tequila gliding down her dry throat. She was too focused to finishing all the shots when her phone rang. She glanced over it on the counter and she rolled her eyes when she saw who the caller was.

"You woke me up. It's 9 PM and I was already sleeping." She lied the minute she accepted the call, she took another shot as she listened to the caller on the other line, "No! You know the news is not accurate!" She stood up from the kitchen stool on the counter, "For Pete's sake Hilda, you know me! I do not associate myself to adultery! You know my morals! My goodness! I was exhausted and famished and I fucking didn't know! I thought it was Sandra! I'm what?!" She held her head as she started pacing back and forth in the kitchen, "I didn't know! I kissed her yes, but that's because I thought she's Sandra! I was closing my eyes and she kissed me back, that's why  I didn't know." She breathed, taking in full air as she listened to her publicist talking on the line, "I know, I know. I know I've made a lot of controversies these past months, but this one, you gotta clean up my name. You are my publicist, " Her voice sounded as if she's begging, "You gotta clean my name. I know Sandra saw the news, so please clean my name so she will know what really happened...please."

The blonde bit her lip as she listened to her publicist on the other line. She then trudged her way out of the kitchen and sulked on the sofa for her knees were begging her to sit.

"Please?" She spoke on the phone once more, "I do not know how to win her back anymore." She softly uttered and her tears fell, "I gotta win her back, but I do not know how." She extracted a deep sigh out, "And yes, I'm back at New York, and yes, I won't go out for the meantime. Just please, clean my name. Thank you."

She exhaled when the call ended and along with that, she cried. If only crying could make money, then she'd be a million richer than any human in the planet. She curled her legs up on the sofa as she hugged herself and cry for a hundred times that week. The stillness of the home was not doing her any good, because in every corner that she looked upon, Sandra's shadow was there. Sandra's shadow lingered around, haunting her down. Wasn't it odd to be haunted by someone alive?  She could still see her smile - and it broke her to know that she could never see that smile ever again; she could never draw that smile from Sandra, not anymore. She wanted to run away again - to some place where she could have her peace, because her home wasn't giving her peace anymore. In every corner, she could see the past memories she and Sandra had built together - she could see their ghosts chasing each other down the stairs, she could see them taking a bath together, she could see them eating at the kitchen, and she could still see Sandra leaning by her door, smiling sweetly at her. In every wall, in every corner - their memories had been etched like  printed photographs from ancient times. She  wanted to bury those memories now; put them into a deep grave where she could no longer dig them up again, but those memories kept fighting her back. It wouldn't die.