Chapter Four

Sandra's hand had touched the knob of Cate's condo, but before she could even twist it, she stopped for she could hear what's probably happening inside. Deciding to lean her right ear on the door, she smiled. The blasting sound of the music was swirling. Cate and music, music and Cate. That two had been very inseperable, as if without music, Cate would vanish into thin air. Deciding not to burst the bubble, Sandra opened the door slowly as she glanced secretly. And there she saw her lover, in her underwear and in a button-down plaid shirt paired with an apron hanging on her frame. Cate was on the kitchen and even from afar, Sandra could smell the delicious aroma of the dish that she was cooking.

"You didn't invite me into this party." Sandra spoke, hugging Cate from behind as she placed her chin in between the blonde's neck and shoulder. "I miss you, sexy." She whispered, placing a kiss on her neck.

Cate chuckled, turning off the stove before she turned around to face Sandra. "Why would I invite you when I know you are coming?" She countered back, while her arms sneakily found its place on Sandra's hips, pulling her closer, "and I miss you even more. But before anything else, here.." Cate took a fork and picked her baked salmon with cream cheese on top, "...taste this."

She brought the fork on her lover's lips, patiently waiting for her to open it. Sandra mocked, a sheepish grin on her face. She knew Cate was not a good cook and was still trying to learn. She knew that in Cate's past marriage with Andrew, it was Andrew who did the cooking. Cate looked at her, still as patient as ever.

"Would you like to taste this or not?"

"Baby, you're not going to poison me, aren't you?" Sandra mocked once more, plastering so much innocence on her face.

"Fine. Don't taste this then."

And before Sandra could even take back what she said, Cate already took her apron off, put down the fork and left everything on the kitchen island. She walked past the kitchen and went to her speaker and turned the music off.

"Hey, baby, I was just pulling your leg!" Sandra giggled as she watched Cate sat down on the sofa, with her chin on her knees.

The blonde didn't even look at her and just turned the tv on, not minding her. She knew what's going on - her lover may be the bravest and the most mature person she had ever have the pleasure of knowing, but when she's in her period, it's another story. Her mood changed a million times in just a minute - one second, she's happy and in the next, she's angry. Sandra found it cute though. In their relationship, it's always been Cate who'd been pampering her, and during Cate's bloody time of the month, she could pamper her baby back.

"I was just joking." Sandra exclaimed as she sat beside Cate who was still not looking at her.

"Your joke was not funny at all."

"But I found it funny."

Cate left out a tsk before she turned her face towards Sandra who was with a huge smile. She rolled her eyes, watching Sandra staring at her.

"If you came here to just mock me, my condo's door is wide open. You can go back to your house." The annoyed blonde hissed.

Cate stood up from the sofa and attempted to walk away, but Sandra was quick to pull her back on the sofa, making her sat on it again.

"And where do you think you're going, miss Blanchett?"

"Gonna go away from you."

"Not a chance." And with what has been said, Sandra laid her legs on top of Cate's lap, purposely putting it there to lock her on the sofa. "You're not going anywhere."

Cate's blood started boiling and Sandra could sense it because the tiny red and purple veins on Cate's temple were beginning to show, ready to flaunt Cate's explosion in a matter of seconds. Cate with her period was not the kind of tiger trapped in a zoo's cage, trained and tamed; she was the tiger in the forest - wild, dangerous, and she may be untameable to people, but Sandra was an exception. She'd always been an exception.

"Look at the empty plate on the kitchen counter. I finished it and you didn't even notice." Sandra started as she got her feet off her lap, sitting beside her closer and holding Cate's chin gently as she turned her face towards her, "And baby, it was delicious." She spoke, smiling at her, trying to pacify the demon that she just woke up from sleeping a few minutes ago.

"Did you really eat it?" Sandra gave her a nod, "Was it really delicious?"

"Yes. Yes. Yes. And a million yes." Sandra answered, her voice thick with encouragement in hopes of lighting up the blonde's ocean blue eyes.

Cate pouted and it made her smile. Her arms reached out to the younger woman and trapped her inside it within a few minutes. The blonde seemed to feel relax and the tension subsided when the brunette placed sweet kisses on her head. Cate was the one who broke the hug as she stared at Sandra, her eyes beaming again and her cheeks were glowing as if it had been lit on fire.

"I miss you, sweetheart." Cate chimed in her childish tone and swear to gods, it made Sandra's heart melt.

Sandra smiled as she felt her heart started to race back to its former stability and shape. She cupped the blonde's cheek with her right hand and the moment their skins touched, a sudden jolt of a calming electricity was shared. Cate closed her eyes and leaned her cheek even more on Sandra's hand - feeling every bit of its warmth on her cheek. It made her feel calm and complete. And if there's one thing that could pacify her demons, she was able to prove at that very moment that it was Sandra.

***