Chapter Eighteen

Cate groaned as she felt the throbbing kicks lingering on her head. She squinted as the burning rays of the sun hit her face. A sunny morning was on display and the breeze of the ocean was howling outside. She chose to close her eyes again - she never had the energy to get up,  she just wanted to be in bed to somehow compensate for the past sleepless nights that she had spent, but the constant beeping of her phone on the bedside table wouldn't stop. With her eyes closed, she lazily reached for her phone and when she opened it,  she sat on the bed right away with what she saw. A video of Rooney Mara slapping herself and grabbing her hair on the shore circulated online. It went viral with 14 million views in just 24 hours. She read through the comments and everyone was taking their side of the story - some said it's an act, some said she's shooting for a movie, but Cate, in that very instant, already knew what was it really. She felt sick and mad at what she saw - Rooney lied to her, and she believed it, and in doing so, she accused Sandra of hurting her.

In her anger, she stood up and trudged her way out. With her feet bare and with the same clothes she was wearing yesterday, she went out and walked towards Rooney's suite. Her body felt hot in anger and to say that she was mad was an understatement.  She didn't know what to feel except for the disgust and anger building inside her core. She arrived at Rooney's door in no time and without knocking, she went in. When she went inside, she saw Rooney practically packing while talking to someone on the phone. Cate didn't wait for her to finish the call and she, in so much anger, grabbed Rooney by her arm and it caused Rooney's phone to fall off her hand, eventually dropping it on the floor with a loud thug.

"Cate..." Rooney mumbled, "Baby... I didn't..." She uttered and tried to hold Cate's face but Cate shook her, "I didn't know wh -"

"You are a fucking liar!" Cate yelled at her face, her face turned red, "I - I fucking don't know you anymore! You are a manipulative bitch, Rooney!" And with that, she pushed Rooney down the floor.

Rooney's tears fell as she slumped on the floor. The blonde towered in front of her, biting her lip with a dead glare pointing at Rooney. With so much tears, the younger woman stood up and tried to hug Cate, but the blonde didn't buy her pleas anymore.

"That's not me! Baby, please believe me!" The younger woman plead holding Cate's hands to which the blonde withdrew right away, "That's not me. I don't know how did that happen. Baby please... look at me, baby. Believe me, just please baby --"

"Believe your lies again?" Cate roared, "Fuck you!" She pointed her, "I confronted Sandra because you fucking told me that she hurt you! And that's just so mean! And please, stop calling me baby because you disgust me. I am not your baby and we are so over, Rooney."

Cate turned her back and headed out towards the door when Rooney hugged her from behind. The blonde tried to push Rooney off her body, but Rooney tightened her hold around Cate. With her sobs, Rooney went in front of Cate;  with her hands still around the blonde, she knelt in front of Cate who was deeply mad.

"Please... I beg you, let's talk." Rooney begged, "That's not me. Don't just believe what you saw because maybe that's Sandra's doing. Maybe she she -- maybe she hired someone who looks like me to make me look bad."

Cate shook her head, "You are fucking delusional."

"No, baby just believe me. I swear, that's not me."

"I don't want to hear your lies. And I have made it clear to you that I do not love you like I did before. The month that we had is over. I agreed to make it memorable because you begged me to, but I felt so disgusted now. You lied to me, you made up stories about Sandra hurting you and I,.." Cate paused as she knelt in front of Rooney before proceeding to hold her shoulders and shook her in so much anger, "I fucking believed you! I hurt the woman I love the most because of you!" She yelled at her, her whole face turned red and Cate was drowning in her emotions, "I do not want to see your face ever again."