Chapter Seventeen

When you pick up a fallen piece of a shattered glass, do you wonder how it broke? When you see a shard of another broken fragile heart, do you even wonder whose it is after two fragile hearts collided in their journey, and walked away? In the journey of love, it isn't fairytale. It's all a fucked-up tragedy. Disney lied about the beauty of love;  the happy ever afters are bullshits one should never believe in. For the both of them, love's nothing but a bunch of needles stabbing your delicate heart, it's nothing but pain.

Time stood still. For a moment, each millisecond felt like an hour. Sandra wanted to close the door, to just vanish and to just walk away, but she couldn't. Cate was stoned on her spot, her head hanging down and her shoulders were subtly shaking due to her constant sobbing. Sandra looked down and her heart ached seeing Cate's feet already soaking wet by the tears falling directly to her feet. The cold marbled-floor was slightly wet too. Cate cried so hard and even if the blonde wanted to cry in silence, even if she wanted to cry in secrets, she wasn't able to do so. Knowing that the necklace was already thrown into the sea was a replica of an ancient tradegy. It was telling her that they're finally over. They were over.

"I didn't say no to your proposal." The silence was broken when Sandra spoke, "I didn't reject your marriage proposal, Catherine. I told you what really happened because I don't want you to marry a dishonest woman. I wanted to be honest with you, because you deserved to know everything. I wanted to say yes, because I have only seen my future with you. I didn't want you to marry me without me telling you everything." Her voice broke in her saddest tone, "Yes, I cheated. I was drunk, but that wasn't a valid reason, I know. But I was also blackmailed and I was so afraid to lose you, because I love you so much and I fear about losing you. But when you proposed, I was ready to tell you everything and so I did, because I wanted to be worthy of that proposal. I didn't reject it, you were the one who chose to stop it." Sandra started sobbing and she had to lean on the door to refrain her body from collapsing on the floor, "You just left..." She continued, her eyes closed as she leaned on the door, "You cut me off. I didn't know where you were. I went to all of the properties that you own in hopes of finding you. I called every day, texted you every hour, but..." She looked at Cate who was broken beside her, "...but you never wanted to be found."

"I was hurt." The blonde spoke, her eyes went straight ahead to Sandra's eyes.

Sandra bit her lip, "And I was hurt too. I searched for you for two months..." her voice crumpled, and she bit her bottom lip even harder to compose herself, "For two months, I never stopped calling and texting you, I never stopped going into all of the houses and condominiums that you own, but you weren't there." She wiped her tears with her bare hands and a small laugh escaped from the brunette's lips, "And I found you here. Thank you to Rooney for telling me that you are here. I was so happy when I saw you yesterday, but then, you are with her. I wasn't prepared for that. You are with the woman who called me that you are here.  And now, you are accusing me of hurting her?" She asked, "I guess, you are right. You are right for not returning any of my calls and texts. I thought that you didn't answer, but you did. Your silence was your answer and I was so stupid to have not known that. I hope you're happy now. I hope you're happy with her. Happier than you were with me. But just so you know, I never hurt her, Catherine. I don't need you to believe that." She looked at Cate once more before she gently pushed her  off the door, "The five years that I have spent with you are the most beautiful, wonderful and the most unforgettable years of my life. And I will spend the rest of my years blaming myself for ruining it, for hurting you. I hope you will be happier." She smiled at her, "Goodbye." And with  one final look, Sandra closed the door, leaving a crying and a silent blonde outside.

When the door finally closed, Cate's heart finally dropped on the floor. She sobbed like she had never sobbed ever. It was the silent hour of two chaotic hearts. The shameless and the too much loving had finally came to an end. The teenage screams that she thought she had already lost resurfaced and she was there, outside of Sandra's door, screaming silently. The closure she never thought they would have, came. It was that,  just that. That was a closure. And like falling inlove, the impact was unbearable. She fell faster and deeper in dysphoria. She felt so empty and cold - felt like a huge chunk of her identity had been extracted from her, and now, she was alone.