Chapter Forty Five

Amidst the never-ending changes in this universe, their love would remain constant. The hurricanes inside their crumpled sheets of paper would no longer cry. The closet had been cleaned -  no dusts nor ashes of the forgotten people can be remembered. It's all a lifetime of love and commitment. A promise of a lifetime protection and a lifetime full of secrecy, but secrets are seductive, and it's enough to fuel the fire burning deep within their brittling bones. So long as they'd be holding each other's hands, it would be enough. It must be.

The skies of Barcelona was like a color palette of pink and blue. It was a tamed canvass of a happy and a sad photograph, all mixed in one. The hotel suite that they were in was big and the balcony gave them the access to see the whole city. They were loving it. They could roam around the streets without much people buzzing them around. They could hold hands and walk together, out in the streets at night under the million starry skies. It was a dream came true, to walk and be whoever they wanted to be. They were free, at least, both liked to feign that they were.

"Come on..." Sandra groaned as she placed the chocolate-dipped strawberry outside of her lover's lips, "Open your mouth."

The blonde shook her head, "Mmmm."

And for the nth time that day, Sandra rolled her eyes and Cate laughed. The brunette was about to jump off of the blonde's lap where she had been sitting for quite awhile now when Cate held her hips, taping her to her lap.

"And where do you think you're going?" The blonde left a small smirk, a subtle growl past her lips as she eyed Sandra flirtily.

"I'm going back inside. Besides, you're not letting me feed you."

"Baby..." The blonde jested, pulling Sandra's hips down on her lap, "I love it when you're annoyed."

"I hate it when you're annoying me."

A laugh escaped Cate's lips. She then leaned her back fully against the lounger before she placed her hands on the back of her head. A smirk still hanging on her kiss-touched lips.

"Tell me, what do you love?" The blonde asked.

Sandra smirked. She then got the bowl of strawberries and put it on top of the table beside them. She was aware that Cate's eyes were never leaving her so she took her time. She then bit her lip as she grabbed her own hair, in a painstakingly slow manner, tied it in a bun before she pulled another smirk for her lover. Cate still had a smirk pulling at the hem of her lips and it grew even more when Sandra slowly untied her robe. It was a game they both well-played, and most definitely their favorite.

"You know what I love, baby?"

"What?"

Sandra pushed her own self even more on the blonde's lap. Her legs wide open, bracketing  Cate's hips. A mischief widely recognisable on the brunette's face, and on her lips were the thousand things she loved waiting to be privately broadcasted.

"I love so many things..." She spoke in a low, sensual and tempting voice, the brunette pushed her own robe out of her frame, but her eyes never left the blonde's and there she sat, on Cate's lap, naked, while the blonde laid on the lounger, silently squirming.

"Care to tell?"

"I love it when you let me do things."

"What things?"

Sandra moved her hands towards the blonde's stomach and with a little smile, she untied the blonde's robe. Alabaster nudity welcomed her sight and Cate would swore to all gods that the look on Sandra's face screamed so much like sin, but she was so willing to commit it.