Chapter Fifty

Cate stood, shocked and paralyzed as she looked down at the floor. Her lips wanted to scream, utter all the known profanities of her body, but she stood there, letting the tears fell from her eyes down to the bloody floor. She had nothing left to scream about besides the emptiness and the silence, and the dead body in the room. And somehow, it didn't feel like a winter midnight anymore.

The blonde's eyes were full of horror as she looked down and the hair on her neck stood up. Her heart was ripped into a million pieces and as she took the image of the dead body, she heard the cracking of her heart. It was too much and it all happened too fast. The tears were drizzling her face that she was having a hard time breathing anymore.

The blood was all around and it was making a pool around the dead body. The vase was broken on the floor too, and so was Cate.

"Surprise? I did not ditch you." Abby spoke calmly, tossing the blonde a wink as she dragged the knife back on Sandra's neck, "You see, we only have two glasses of tequila here and as you know we are three in this room. Would you like me to kill your wife or would you like to do that to her?"

"Abby, put the knife down!!!" Cate panicked as the other woman dragged the knife back towards Sandra's neck.

Abby smiled as she bent down to place a kiss on the other side of the brunette's neck, her eyes never leaving the blonde, "Want to share a last kiss with your wife before I slash her throat down?" She asked.

Sandra shrieked. She wanted to shout, but she was gagged. She tried to move hysterically, but there was no avail and so, she looked at Cate who was terrified by the door. Their eyes locked and Sandra's tears dwelled down her cheeks as she saw the fear inside the blonde's blue orbs. She would die, Sandra knew, but was it too much if she would ask for a last kiss?

"Why are you doing this?"

"You're asking me that?" Abby asked, emphasizing each syllable, "Let me answer your question with a question: where the fuck is my sister?"

Sandra's eyes widened on her seat. Cate looked at her before she turned to look back at Abby.

"Sister?" She whispered, "What are you talk--"

"Oh fuck it, Cate!" Abby exclaimed as she suddenly threw the vase on the floor making Cate and Sandra flinch. The pieces of the vase filled the floor, "Sarah Paulson." Abby took the image of Cate who was unable to answer by the door, "Where the fuck is she?!"

"Abby, please! We do not know anything." Cate tears fell, "Please don't hurt Sandra, please..."

Abby shook her head as she wiped her tears, "She's just in love..." She muttered almost to herself, bit her lip as she walked towards the bed and sat on it, "My sister. Where is she?" She asked Sandra.

Sandra shook her head, trying to say that she did not know, but it infuriated Abby causing her to shout. Cate rushed to where Sandra was, but was stopped when Abby turned to look at the two.

"She was in love. Madly in love with you." She spoke as she pointed the knife towards Sandra, "She planned. Planned everything out from the beginning to end. Could you blame her?" She stood up, "She's in love."

"She planned everything and you helped her?" Cate bravely asked.

Abby smiled before she wiped her tears again, "She made me befriend Julia so I could come to the party. She just wanted to see Sandra and I knew she did." She looked at Sandra again, "She fucking did, you bitch! And now, she's missing! Where the fuck is she? Where the fucking fuck is my sister?"

"We do not know, please... Abby, let Sandra go."

"No." Abby stood in front, but Cate was so quick to stand im front of Sandra, "There are just two glasses of tequila and we three cannot share. Same with you Cate, not sharing Sandra to my sister. One has to die and it must be your wife."

"No, please..." Cate wanted to sob, for she, too, was so afraid.

Abby shook her head, "Before anything else, tell me where the fuck is my sister?"

"I told you we do not ---"

"That's bullshit!" Abby shouted as she pushed Cate away.

The blonde fell on the floor, her body pastered towards the broken vase, but despite the pain, she did not flinch. Instead, she knelt right away as she saw Abby standing behind Sandra, and the knife pointing back towards her wife's neck. Sandra closed her eyes, tears constantly streaming down her face.

Cate sobbed, "Do not hurt my wife, please..." She begged as the broken pieces of the vase dug on the skin of her knees, "Do not."

Abby shook her head as another batch of tears fell, "You both hurt my sister."

"Abby, we can talk. We can fix this. Just..." Cate bit her lip, "Do not hurt her." She stood up and raised her hands in the air, "Take me instead. Hurt me instead, please..."

"No." A sinister smile grew on her lips, "Now you watch." Abby spoke as she dragged the knife on Sandra's neck.

The blonde watched as the knife glided on Sandra's neck. Abby did it; she slowly made a cut on the brunette's neck, causing the blood to drip out. Sandra did not react, instead she looked at Cate - the same look she gave her during the nights they made love. It was a silent I love you, and a muted goodbye. Cate cried - it couldn't be the end yet, not yet. Before Abby could do anymore damage, Cate screamed, ran and pushed Abby away.

The younger woman fell on the floor. The knife was trashed on the corner. Cate looked back at Sandra who was having hard time breathing anymore while the blood continued to trick down her neck. Cate looked back at Abby who was already trying to get up. If she would run and help Sandra, it might be too late, they might be killed. If she would go to Abby, then they might live. And so before the younger woman could get up, Cate grabbed the knife and she, like what Abby did to Sandra, Cate  slashed her throat.

Abby's eyes widened as her blood squirted out from her neck. It was done and the blonde's hands had been tinted with the red sin. Cate dropped the knife as she ran to where her wife was. She killed. They lived.

Sandra was the candle about to burn out before the sun rises. She was the sound of piano in an empty mansion and the spilled coffee on white sheets. Sandra was a question read as if it was the answer. She could make Cate feel like a parallel park, like rushhour traffic in a broadway show, like a bullseye hit with an axe, and Cate wanted her like how silence wanted laughter. The blonde wanted her like how desert wanted rain, like how people wanted hot chocolate drinks on winter. Cate wanted her like church giggles and books hidden under the desk and pinkie promises. Sandra was partly a sin, but Cate was willing to commit her.

"Baby..." Sandra slowly muttered beneath her gag, the blood continued to gush out of her neck, and her upper body was now stained.

Cate was pulled out from her revery as she heard Sandra, "Oh good God." She muttered to herself as she looked around and when she spotted a shirt, she grabbed it right away, ran to where Sandra was. "Oh my God." Cate spoke as she tied the shirt around the brunette's neck just to stop the bleeding, "Wait, baby... Wait a little bit." She added as she got the knife and cut the ropes that tied the brunette on the chair and when Sandra was freed, Cate scooped her in an embrace as she took the gag on Sandra's mouth too, "Oh God, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

"Baby, I'm fine... I..." Sandra moved and placed a kiss on the blonde's lips, "You saved me."

Cate nodded as she pressed a kiss on the brunette's head, "I killed..." She mumbled, voice flat and unwavering, "I killed for you. I cannot lose you, baby. I can't."

***