Chapter Thirty Eight

𝑨𝑵: 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚'𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔. 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒆, 𝒔𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒏. 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒖𝒆𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓. 𝑲𝒆𝒆𝒑 '𝒆𝒎 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔. 𝑬𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚!

When they were younger, they used to think true love was tumultuous and intense - robust in a way, explicit and naked skins,  but now, the world lied, they thought. Real love is gentle, like an almost touch, an almost kiss - so subtle and so fleeting. Love is passionate in a soft, sweet way. Not glitters, not dazzling show-off, not fireworks and drama.  Love is like coming home. It's the breeze on a still summer day, a hot cup of cocoa on a stormy night. Love is the cold feet touching underneath a blanket. Love is a balm to the aches of the world, and love's them, Cate and Sandra.

"Stay still." Cate murmured, lying on her stomach on the sand as she put sunscreen on Sandra's face  who was lying on her back, "Stay still, I said." She hissed when the brunette tried to kiss her hand.

There was laughter escaping on their lips. The gentle scolding of the blonde to the brunette was calming and full of love. The sun had set, however, Cate still insisted that she should put sunscreen on her lover's skin. The bluish skies were long gone and up above was the orange tint painting the skies.  The sunset was dazzling against the horizon kissing the ocean ahead and the pelicans were flying above. The ocean was calm. The waves were minimal and they were there, lying on the sand, ignoring the world that they chose to left behind.

"Take my hand." Cate jested, standing up as she extended her hand for the brunette to grasp.

Sandra sat on the sand, "Why?"

A smile crept into the blonde's lips, "Just take my hand." She spoke, in a convincing yet taunting tone.

"If you're asking me to dance, I'm sorry. I'm not in the mood."

Cate rolled her eyes, "I didn't say we'll dance. Just trust me." She extended her hand again, "Come on, baby." She added exasperatedly.

The brunette gave her a questioning gaze. Yet, she held the blonde's hand, and along with it, she stood up. Cate held her hand and pulled her even closer to her. Sandra laughed, and Cate smiled at her. The sun was starting to fade in the horizon and the orange skies were slowly kissing the darkness. Few of the billion stars above were slowly taking its place on the skies. The wind howled and whispered a language that only them could understand.

"What now?" Sandra sweetly chimed as she placed her arms around the blonde's neck.

Their eyes were mirroring against each other. Smiles crepting on their lips. Cate's hands fell on the small of Sandra's back and then she paused and lingered into the moment of silence before she opened her lips.

"You said about running away with you." Cate started, placing some of Sandra's loose hair behind her ear, she gazed at her eyes, serious and content, "Then I'll run away with you. I can give everything up just to be with you. Let's leave US. I'll runaway with you wherever you want. We can go to Europe. We can to Spain, Italy or wherever you want to go." She stopped and held the brunette's chin, "I'm ready." She looked down, took Sandra's hands and slowly intertwined their fingers together, "Let's runaway, baby."

Sandra's mouth hung open. Her eyes beamed with happiness as she heard those words escaping out from the blonde's lips. She paused, looked at her as if what she heard was a joke. And Cate was there in front of her, putting on a smirk and she so badly wanted to kiss it off out of her face.