Epilogue

In some ways, they had everything they ever wanted – free lives, happiness, love, fame, mansion in the country to get away with, a home and a marriage. But every time the curtain fell, they took a bow. What a great show; a great pretense, but could they be blamed if they too were victims?  Each night, they cobbled together with wine, drink themselves dry of their loss and of their victory. The things they only wished before, they had those now. They walked alone in the woods; spent some whole nights awake, dragging chairs together to watch documentaries, eating ice cream in their car to avoid the mosquitoes. On some days, they would find themselves on a motel resto, knees touched under the table and then their whole world would spin.

Who needed drugs when you had a lover who got you high? Who needed it when you had a life of secrets? Cocaine be damned, they had each other and they made each other feel so protected. And safe. And cozy, and warm. Comfortable. And swear to all gods, it's great.

Sandra gave a sly grin, so darling and regal in her white strapless Chanel wedding gown, she reached for Cate's hand, "... I feel so drunk the moment our lips let loose. Tipsy whenever you touch the most sensitive spots on my body. Feeling so drowsy just by looking at your beautiful face. And when I kiss you, it doesn't feel like fireworks in the night sky, it doesn't feel like a delightful symphonies. It feels like a million secrets; it feels like tequila and home. In front of this million people, I vow to love you always and forever."

Cate took a deep breath. The hair hanging by her shoulders was sleek and it complimented her white Armani tuxedo, "All my life, I felt sober. But in that after- party, I knew that I would break my sobriety. You, Sandra Annette Bullock, is stronger than tequila and I say that with full respect. But although you're strong, I vow to hold you and love you in the days when you're not. I vow to always be with you, in happy days and not and I vow to always be your knight in shining armour. We have come a long way, my love, and I still have a lot to say, but I really cannot wait for the priest to pronounce us as wives, so I'll cut this off. Besides, we still have a forever to go. I love you and I will always do."

And when their cherry-tinted lips exchanged I dos, the priest smiled, "I now pronounce you, wife and wife. You may now kiss each other."

With full smiles on their faces, Cate slowly took the veil off her wife's face, and with a grin, she pulled her through the waist and kissed her in front of all the people inside the church and around the globe watching.

There were countless lights hanging up in the air, flickering and shining like an after sunglow on a misty evening. Thousands of lanterns swinging side by side through the night's wind breeze. The place was filled with love and flowers on each corner; tables had been decorated and in front, there stood Cate and Sandra. The night was splendidly beautiful; the presence of their friends made everything else even more magnificent than it already was.

"And I hope that somehow, you all understand my speech because I really am so drunk right now." Everyone laughed, "Once again, good evening everyone." Julia raised her glass as she stood beside the newlyweds, "And a very beautiful evening to our newlyweds! I wish you a forever and best wishes!" She ended her speech as she tossed the two a wink.

Jen stood up as she gave assistance to Julia who was wobbling her way back to the table which made everybody laugh. Cate shook her head as she watched their friend, but she was stunned when she saw Sandra getting up and everyone else cheering as her wife took the spot where Julia had been.