Chapter Thirty Six

And it was like watching the pieces of your heart on the ground slowly flying up in the air, patching each other up until it was complete and alive again. Cate was beyond happy for she was seeing it, and no, it wasn't a dream, it was real - so vivid and true. She didn't waste a single speck of time. She immediately went back to her hotel room and hopped on the bed. She needed energy for she would wake up early in the morning to be with the woman she loved.

In the moonlit forenoon hours, Cate was on the bed, smiling and giggling as she talked to Sandra over the phone. They should be sleeping, but they both couldn't. And so, like the golden times of their lovestory, they ended up on the bed, whispering sweet nothings into the phone until their eyes gave up due to the heaviness. They fell asleep hearing each other's snores, the utmost domesticity was there and it felt like they were just in the same bed, arms wrapping around each other.

The blonde woke up to the crashing of the waves. It was loud - so clangorous as the waves slapped the shore. She sat on the bed and looked outside. The skies looked morbid, so dreary and dark. She slowly reached for her phone and saw that it was only seven in the morning. The Californian sun wasn't up and it was going to rain, she was sure of it. She got up right away and trudged quickly towards the bathroom to take a bath. That day would be the start of something new, something fresh and great; and this time, she would not waste it. Not again.

-----

The ride inside the elevator seemed too long. The seconds were stretching into minutes and it felt like bottled hours. When the elevator chimed a ding, Cate hopped off and walked towards the hallway, looking out on doors to see the same room number that the brunette gave her. She walked further until she spotted the room. Her heart swelled as she walked towards it, inching closer and closer 'til she stood two inch apart from the mahogany door. The blonde gulped the slow-forming knots in her throat. On the other side of the door, the woman she loved the most was there. She knocked and in an instant, not a minute passed, the door opened. And there revealed Sandra, in a robe, her hair tightly wrapped in a towel and she was smiling at her - so big and sunny that the blonde froze on the door, unable to speak. The moment seemed to go on slower than the usual. Sandra was really there, still smiling at her, and Cate was standing in front, tears dwelling in her eyes as she stared back at her.

"Baby..." The brunette spoke, so nectarine that the blonde could hear the honey dripping from her word.

Cate didn't speak. Instead, she let go of her luggage and crashed her lips against Sandra's. Sandra was shocked and she giggled when Cate's lips met hers in a bruising kiss, while the blonde streamed so much tears. Cate claimed her lips as if she was dying and it would be the last kiss she would ever receive. The brunette ran her hand on the back of her head, while her other hand fell on the blonde's hips, hugging her closer while she chased the rhythm that she thought she once lost, but it was there.

The blonde broke the kiss and cupped Sandra's face, "Don't you ever leave like that! Ever again!" She spoke in gritted teeth, tears painting her cheeks before she kissed her again, seeking the flickering ember of their love, "I hate you. I so fucking hate you..." She mumbled as she broke the kiss once more, her eyes gazing into the brunette's.

Sandra smiled and went to thumb the blonde's tears away, "I love you, too, baby." She spoke softly that it could almost pass like a whisper, "I'm sorry for being so stupid. I'm sorry for leaving like that and I'm --"

The blonde cut her off with a kiss; the touching of their lips was so sweet, gliding against each other's flesh and it was heaven. The blonde sighed before she made their foreheads touch. There was silence when their foreheads met and their soulful orbs closed. The only sound that could be heard was the fluttering of the butterflies in their stomachs and the hammering of their wild hearts.

"I was scared." Cate confessed, sobbing as she held Sandra's shouders, "So scared for I thought I wouldn't see you again." She then looked up and tugged her by the collar harshly, "I was so afraid, you get that? I wanna pinch you so hard! So hard, Annette! So hard!"

Sandra gasped. Her face lighted up as she held Cate's hands. Slowly, she laced their fingers together before she looked at her lovingly. The orchestra that was sleeping in her heart woke up and it sang again.

"Forgive me, baby?" She jested gently, looking deep into the blonde's eyes, "I tried forgetting and unloving you, but when I got here, I realized that I won't be able to live because you have my heart." She let go of the blonde's right hand so that she could cup her chin, and with a small smile, she kissed her lips, quick like a fleeting touch, "Will you forgive me, honey?"

The blonde left out a sigh before she lovingly held the brunette's cheek, "If I forgive you, will you forgive me too?"

Sandra's smiled lit the room, she tilted her head, gave a blonde a questioning gaze before she asked, "If I forgive you, will you kiss me?"

"Oh, please..." Cate replied, closing her eyes as she threw her head back, "Baby, forgive me now."

"Well, then I forgive you."

And when those five words were spoken, the room suddenly grew wildflowers, daisies and apricots stood, slowly, in the corners. Cotton clouds hung over their heads and suddenly, it rained fireflies buzzing the theme song of their love. Cate's tears fell again; her heart couldn't contain the emotions overflowing inside of her and so she then kissed the brunette's lips. Their eyes closed as their hands wrapped around each other; the coldness of the day was gone, the darkness of the skies outside suddenly diminished. It was just them, together again with their lips colliding in a dreamy kiss - so surreal, but it was real. Wet lips crashing in a passionate kiss, but it wasn't enough for all the times that they stood apart. Cate's hands ran and slid inside the brunette's robe as the kiss intensified and when a moan escaped Sandra's lips, Cate melted. Her moan was so rich that even the gods would be envious of how it sounded.

"Make love to me." Sandra whispered, her throat pushing out a guttural moan and Cate muffled it by claiming her lips once more.

"You want me to?" The blonde replied, her lips biting the space behind the brunette's ear.

"Yes, ma'am."

And with that, Sandra's robe met its fate on the floor.

***