Chapter Forty One

"Baby..." Sandra's voice started breaking, "I...I..." Her tears came to cover her cheeks, "I killed Sarah."

And with a sob, Sandra finally confessed. But because Cate loved her so, she picked her up in between her shaking arms. And with the embrace of the woman whom Sandra loved, she would continue to write tragedies until their very own mishaps and misadventures feel subdued, lowered, toned down; and until they would be convinced that their lives deserved a little disaster.

"Baby..." Cate found a flicker of strength when she felt Sandra relaxed a little in between her embrace, "Listen... I know you hate Sarah and I hate her too." She started, cupping Sandra's face at the same time, "Believe me, I want to kill her if I have to, but please don't joke like that."

Sandra looked at the blonde unbelievably, "I'm not..." She shook her head, "I killed her and I'm not kidding."

And with that, the blonde let go of her hold on the brunette as she backed away. It was a feral kiss of a flame and  Cate didn't quite anticipate the harsh truth. Cate's mouth hung open as she looked at Sandra, eyes digging into her, subtly asking her if what she just said was true. Sandra froze on the same place as she painfully watched the horror creeping into the blonde's skin. Cate's tears rushed out of her, but her eyes stayed still, blown wide and not blinking. The dusts of Sandra's secret was finally on the floor. It was terrible, but it was her truest truth and her lips seemed to couldn't lie to the woman she loved the most anymore.

"You did what?" Cate painfully whispered, her voice retiring like a dying song, so weak and was breaking.

Sandra's shoulders started to shake. Her knees wanted to collapse. She felt so much shame and scared and she just wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole. The brunette bit her lip as she hung her head in shame. Cate could see the tears falling from Sandra's eyes down to the marbled-floor. Watching the woman she loved in the whole wide world crying after confessing murder was like forcedly tearing up an unstitched wound. Cate broke down. She wanted Sandra to say that it was a lie, but instead Sandra sobbed, murmuring the murder that Cate wanted to not hear.

"I murdered Sarah."

Murdered. Cate sobbed as she tried her best to not collapse on the floor. Her heart was torn into pieces and no, it didn't feel like a heartbreak. It felt more. It was beyond the pain. It was a price-tag she couldn't bare to take. Too expensive. It was the confession she did not want to hear. A metaphor that she would never in a million years beg to listen. It was the truth that Cate wanted to label as a lie.

Cate's hand trembled as she covered her mouth, "Please tell me that it's a lie." She sobbed even more, "Please..."

Sandra wiped her cheek as she tried to suck all her tears down, "I'm sorry." She mumbled right before she started sobbing again, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Why did you do it?" The blonde asked, and her with knees shaking, she broke down and collapsed on the floor.

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕...

She could barely do it, but it was too much. The pain was unbearable and so she took the pills. Unlabeled. Unnamed. But why would she care? Sandra wanted to end her agony and so she took it all in hopes of ending her own life. It was easy, she thought. Suck the tears. Mask the pain. Open the bottles. Take the pills. Cry for the last time. But instead, Sandra woke up on her bed. Her head stirred as she felt the whole surrounding moving. She felt dizzy and she wanted to throw up, but when she opened her eyes, her world crashed down into pieces again.