39. Horrible Horrible

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written January 6 2021
Posted February 1 2021

A few more days passed before both Shinichi and Kaito were scheduled to meet up with Kiritsu once more. Both males were uneasy, neither one looking forward to the meeting "I really wish that we knew who the big guns were" Kaito sighed as he gingerly prodded at the bandages covering his right eye. The magician had damaged the area about an hour ago since it would have been suspicious for the injury to have already been healed. He just healed the newest injury to make it look a few days old.

Shinichi rolled his eyes, having heard the complaint many times by now "If it was that easy, these guys wouldn't have been able to last for over 7 decades" That was their minimum guesstimate since Yozora's mother had been over 50 years old and they doubted that the woman had been part of the first generation.

Yozora looked up from her iPad, looking confused "You don't know who the big boss is?" She'd never had the displeasure of being used by the guy, but she'd seen him a few times. Both males' attention snapped towards her, making her feel a bit nervous. Thankfully their expressions quickly softened at her reaction. Though it was still very obvious that their interest in the topic hadn't changed.

"Oh my god" Kaito buried his face in his hands "Why didn't we think to ask her before?" They'd only written about the ones who'd hurt her, they should have realized that not everyone she'd seen had hurt her specifically.

Shinichi grimaced, feeling incredibly stupid "I don't know" He stated lamely. He had absolutely no excuse as to why that option had slipped his mind.

Yozora shot them a small but awkward smile "I didn't think about telling you guys so it's not that bad?" She offered.

The sleuth just deflated at that comment "You're a child, we're trained for this..."

Feeling that she wouldn't be able to salvage their apparent loss of dignity, Yozora decided to change the subject "I don't know what his real name is, but everyone calls him Bossu" She paused, looking away "He has special personal projects done every few years" Her cheeks tinted a light pink "He goes after dark haired, blue eyed Japanese males, one attempt at kidnapping per person"

Kaito frowned, confused "Only one attempt?" That seemed too little. If the guy really cared, he should have at least tried twice per target.

"Per person" Yozora grimaced "Apparently it's a rule he made for himself to stop himself from becoming obsessed" Obsession could lead to mistakes, or so she'd apparently heard "Anyways, depending on their nature, they're held separately or like how I was"

"That seems overly complicated" Shinichi stated. Though from what they'd already learned, the way Yozora had been kept had also been odd compared to most human traffickers.

Yozora just shrugged "The kind ones were kept like everyone else since they could use everyone against them" She tilted her head in thought "I never understood why they fought until now... I wasn't able to fully understand why they were so upset" The girl bit her lip "Mom always did her best to help them give up as comfortably as possible while comforting them" Her voice wavered "Everyone else usually disliked the newcomers and avoided them since it meant more pain, but..." She paused, feeling sad "Mom was only one besides the newcomers to know what it was like to be free"

"Wait, wouldn't the previous 'newcomers' be able to relate?" Kaito inquired, that would make the most sense after all. They couldn't possibly forget everything, or at least not all of them could.

The girl shook her head "After a while they eventually disappear" She grimaced "Or they die from the special modifications" Since she knew that they'd ask, she continued on "They were worked on specially for Bossu, sometimes it was simple things like making them both blind and deaf" Yozora ignored their horrified looks "Occasionally limbs got removed, one guy had them all removed..." It had been sad to watch the guy cry, unable to do anything for himself. Her face scrunched up in confusion "For some reason, their reactions to finding out that the medicine they were taking was making them grow breasts was weird. It was done more often but it seemed the least life changing" Why would they get so upset? They'd still been able to do everything the same as before "There were a lot of other worse things that could have happened"

"... They never mentioned anything like that when we were pretending to be browsing" Shinichi breathed, almost as pale as Kaito.

"Ah... They were often disposed of or sold once Bossu got bored" It was a simple part of their life, though judging by both Kaito's and Shinichi's expressions, it was probably really bad "Though mom once told me that one was kept for over 10 years since they'd been especially attractive"

"That still doesn't tell us who this Bossu is" Shinichi stated, feeling sick.

Yozora nodded "Names aren't as important when it comes to them... But I remember what he looked like the last time I saw him" Her mom never had a proper name, and she herself had actually been the only one who had one since nobody else seemed to view them as important.

Kaito perked up at the explanation "I could draw them if you describe them" His sketching skills had been perfected years ago. Not everyone was comfortable when one tried to disguise as the person who'd caused them harm. He didn't blame them for feeling like that, it was normal.

Shinichi nodded, pleased with the new lead that they were going to get "We can do that after we get back" He checked the time "We really should get going if we want to meet that guy on time" Being rude by being late wouldn't earn them any extra favours.

The girl smiled, thrilled that she'd be able to help them "Okay, be safe"

"Have fun" Kaito grinned "At least one of us has got to" Being around Kiritsu was the exact opposite of fun. The guy was creepy, and had openly admitted that he wanted them.

Me: I wanted to write more horribleness but I refrained from doing so

Hope you enjoyed~

How upset would you guys be if I told you that Yozora's 'story' relates to the horrible horrible story idea that I had that made me really sad and horrified?

I wanted to write about Kaito being one of the special projects... Don't worry, not in this book, probably not ever... I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing that to Kaito without Messing up

°^° .... Peace offering

 Peace offering

Flattus Rattus