54. Fluffy, Angry Kitty

1021 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 10 2021
Posted June 7 2021

In the end, Yozora managed to pick out a lot of things for the kitten. She'd ended up grabbing a lot of small catnip infused toys, many of which were shaped like mice. That way the kitten would never run out of things to chase. Some of the other items that she'd picked out included a few corrugated scratching thingys, some red kitty approved nail clippers, and a red cat brush. A red kitty box and scoop were easily added to her cart. The litter and food would have to be grabbed by Saguru.

After she finished picking everything out, she waited on one of the seats for the blond to return with the cat. Yozora eyed the items, hoping that the kitten would like them. She should also think of something to name the kitten... Slate gleamed, she would name it Fluffy, because fluffy was a wonderful cat name. Even if the kitten's fur was short and not long.

Eventually Saguru returned with Fluffy, Fluffy was growling angrily, small hisses escaping from her tiny mouth. The blond looked very amused as he carried her "She was just a bit weak, so she was given her vaccinations and microchipped" They'd phone him if any of the tests revealed any problems.

Yozora smiled, glad that the kitten would be okay "Can her name be Fluffy?" The name seemed like a good one for the angry kitten.

Saguru blinked "Sure" It was a simple name... But there were worse things that it could be called. He went over and grabbed a purple cat carrier and placed Fluffy inside it, that way his hands would be free to carry the more heavier things "Fluffy is around 4 months old so she's going to have an appointment next week to get spayed" It was surprising that the kitten was actually that old, normally he'd expect kittens to be tossed at a younger age.

"What does spayed mean?" Yozora inquired.

"It stops her from ever having kittens" Saguru explained "It also prevents some health problems and behaviour issues" Responsible pet owners fixed their pets, there were enough abandoned animals in the world.

Oh, that sounded neat "Can I get spayed?" She never wanted to have babies.

Saguru stifled a laugh, he really should have expected that question "Maybe when you're an adult, a lot can change in just a few years" He couldn't blame her for asking though "Unlike humans, animals mate whenever they get the urge. That's why we spay or neuter them at a young age" He sighed "Kittens shouldn't be pregnant with kittens"

Yozora nodded "Fluffy won't be like me" Her voice was lower "That's nice"

Gold softened "Let's go get the heavy stuff picked out, and some kitten treats"

The girl perked up "Okay, the sooner we get everything, the sooner poor Fluffy will be free" Yozora frowned "She's probably very thirsty and hungry"

"The vet gave her some water and a bit of food after checking her out" Feeding random animals could sometimes hurt said animal so they'd needed to check first. That and with how small Fluffy was, they'd initially thought that she might still need milk. Thankfully she was just extra small for her age. He went and grabbed a small bag of Kitteh Nutrition and a bag of clumping litter "Choose anything from the Kitteh brand for her treats, just not the wet food" It was a good brand, but wet food was so sugary and bad for the teeth. It was best to avoid it unless one was desperate.

Yozora grabbed some chicken, turkey, and a few seafood flavours "Kaito doesn't have to know?" It didn't look fishy, so it should be fine if it's hidden right?

Saguru snorted "He'll be fine, he just won't touch the stuff" So long as it wasn't easily seen, fish could be in the house. It just couldn't be brought out or eaten near Kaito.

"Why is there no mouse flavour?" Mice were a staple prey for cats right? So why wasn't there a mouse flavour?

The blond grimaced "Probably because it isn't appealing to humans, and removing the meat would be hard"

Yozora's brows furrowed "But humans aren't the ones eating it..." It was so weird.

"I know, it's just how it is" Saguru shrugged, they headed towards the receptionist to pay for both Fluffy's vet bill and all of the cat supplies. Though Saguru did snag a harness and leash on the way by. He knew that Kaito would eventually train the cat to be civilized enough to go outdoors without slaughtering small animals. Saguru wasn't worried about Tsuki though, the old bird would be smart enough to keep herself safe until Fluffy was safe. Tsuki was smarter than the average animal. After paying for everything and getting the name tag engraved, the two of them loaded everything into the car and drove home.

"I'm going ahead to let Fluffy out"

"Wait, I want to set up the litter box and put her in it first" Saguru explained, he really hoped that Fluffy would take to it.

"Oh, okay" Yozora waited near the door with the carrier as Saguru brought in the litter and cat box. It seemed reasonable, Fluffy could wait a little longer.

Saguru hurriedly set the litter box up in the living room before beckoning Yozora over "You can let her out now, just don't let her scratch you" Fluffy was mean, though that could be because the tiny kitten was terrified. They'd have to wait to find out though.

Yozora excitedly unlatched the carrier. Neither one wanted to stick their hands inside it so they propped it on top of an empty box so that Fluffy would be forced to step into the litter box when she left the carrier "I can't wait to snuggle with her..." Fluffy was so soft.

"You might have to wait a while for that" Fluffy didn't seem like the snuggling sort of cat. At least she was small so any damage would hopefully be minimal.

"I will wait" The poor kitten was just scared, once she knew that she wasn't in danger, they'd get along great! It was hard to be nice when you're terrified, it was much easier to lash out.

Me: I made up a brand because I didn't want any possible cat food brand arguments XP But the wet food thing is actually the truth... Animals love it, but their poor poor teeth XD good for enticing ill animals to eat though~

Fluffy is a mean little thing it seems?

Comment? ^-^

>^< When I first started a game of Green Hell, things kept murdering me and forcing the game to restart

I needed to build a save point but kept getting murdered before I finished so I kept losing all my progress

(This went on for 3 hours of frustration)

Now I haven't been hunted by tribal people, jaguars or killed by a sudden snake attack in over 30 in game days...

QAQ why was everything out to get me at the start!?! And why now that I'm geared up, is nothing attacking me!?!