8. Tears, Love

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written April 16 2020
Posted May 4 2020

!!! Official update day of Mondays !!!

Kaito woke up snuggled up to Saguru, faces inches apart, the blond was still sleeping. Indigos burned as he noted the dried tear tracks trailing down the other's face. Saguru was hurting too, yet the guy had taken care of him first. His heart fluttered as a watery smile tugged at his lips as he gave Saguru a soft peck on the cheek, god he loved Saguru so much.

He felt tired, but he knew that he should probably get up. Slipping out of Saguru's caring hold had been regretfully easy, he'd almost wanted the other to wake up and pull him closer for more cuddles. Indigo softened as he tucked in the blond, smiling faintly at the fact that Saguru had put him in pyjamas, but had neglected to do so for himself.

The magician then silently slipped out of the room, it was a little past noon so there was still time to salvage their day off and prepare Saguru a nice lunch. The blond did so much for him, that it was the least that he could do. He first checked his phone, replying to a text from Shinichi before getting lunch started.

An bout an hour and a half later had Kaito standing by Saguru's side of the bed "Saguru it's time to get up" The other's sleep schedule would be shot if he slept any longer. Kaito gave the other's cheek a soft prod.

Saguru grimaced, someone was poking his cheek. Gold blinked open to see Kaito leaning over him. The magician's eyes were both puffy and rimmed red, Kaito had been crying again "Kaito..." He sat up, unsure as to what he should say to the other.

Indigos softened "I made us some cheesy chicken and broccoli pasta" A very fatty and carb filled meal, perfect comfort food. Kaito offered a small smile "It's going to get cold if we wait for too long" He teased, eyes not smiling as much as his tone indicated. He was hurting a lot, but he needed to make sure that Saguru was at least okayish.

The blond was silent for a few moments as he took in the other's appearance before nodding, offering a small smile of his own "That sounds delicious" It was touching that Kaito had handled raw chicken for him. That was the worst kind of meat for the magician since he was so fond of birds.

"I made two small pans worth so there will be enough for leftovers" Kaito added as they headed downstairs.

Gold gleamed "And so that you don't accidentally eat any of the chicken" It was store bought chicken, not the Kaito approved chicken that his one acquaintance raised.

Kaito gave a small pout "You're the one who turned me off of meat" Saguru had been such a jerk before they'd actually gotten to know each other. Who the hell showed people slaughterhouse videos at school?!

"I'm sorry Dove" Saguru's smile was soft as he gave Kaito a chaste kiss before sitting down at the table "I had underestimated how kind you were" He hadn't known that such videos would horrify the magician enough to turn away from most meat.

The magician stuck out his tongue as he too sat down. He then grabbed a forkful of Saguru's food and held it out towards the other "Try it and praise me" His tone was light, teasing.

Saguru rolled his eyes, obliging by leaning over to accept the forkful, mouth watering at the cheesy concoction "It's delicious" He admitted as Kaito's hand retreated, though he couldn't help the small frown that tugged at his lips "You're not supposed to wear masks around me Dove" Kaito was trying too hard to seem happy, even though he obviously wasn't.

Weary indigos met his gaze as the magician offered Saguru a half smile "I'm coping" He breathed "If I was wearing a mask, I wouldn't look so horrible" He was good at covering up when he'd been crying. His eyes glistened as his voice wavered "I won't let this destroy me" Even if all he wanted to do right now was wail and cry as he hid away from the world. He sniffed "You're hurt too, and it wouldn't be fair if I forced you to care for me" Even if it always felt nice to be coddled by him. He made that mistake once after his rescue from the scientists. He'd hurt Saguru then.

"Okay" Saguru breathed, concern easing a bit. He scooped up some of Kaito's meal and offered it to the owner "You should eat too"

The magician leaned over to eat the bit "I love you so much" He stated softly after swallowing. Saguru was just so good to him.

"I know that you idiot" Saguru chuckled, a light blush tinting his cheeks. Kaito was looking at him so softly, as if he were the greatest person in the world.

"I want to have your baby" Kaito's voice was soft, full of longing. A baby made from the both of them.

Saguru nodded, eyes burning a bit "I'd really like that" He took Kaito's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze "One day" They'd have a family of their own, even if they had to resort to adoption. He knew that Kaito would love any child as his own if he were permitted too.

Kaito squeezed back "Yeah" His words were watery "One day" Hopefully soon, he wouldn't mess up next time. He'd have Ai do more tests whenever an egg was taking too long. He wouldn't kill their next child.

"Dove..." God softened as he watched silent tears fall down Kaito's cheeks. His love was hurting so much.

"Ah sorry" The magician sniffed, wiping away his tears, he hadn't meant to cry again.

Saguru scooted his chair closer, wrapping an arm around the other "It's fine Kaito" Gold softened "You can cry" He used his free hand to get more of Kaito's food "But you need to eat" He wouldn't let Kaito's hard work go to waste. The food was good.

"Only if you eat too" Kaito sniffed, motioning to Saguru's own plate.

"Of course" The blond offered a small smile "I can't waste a meal this good"

Me: This was fun to write ^-^

Kaito has grown as a person since the last book~ He won't hide away from the world

Hope you enjoyed~