47. Sadness and Hurt

1033 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 22 2021
Posted April 5 2021

Saguru really wanted to cry, he really really wanted to. The only thing stopping him from crying was Yozora, crying would most undoubtedly make the little girl cry as well since she'd know something had gone wrong "Yozora" There was a faint tremble in his voice as he called for the other's attention.

Yozora turned away from the book that she'd been reading "What happened?" She was almost too afraid to ask. The news that Saguru had gotten when he'd slipped a device through the door couldn't have been good if his tone meant anything. He'd done the task a few times so far to collect any updates, this was the first update that he'd actually received.

The blond did his best to keep his voice steady "Both Kaito and Shinichi have been found" He paused, feeling bile threaten to rise in the back of his throat "We need to leave now and head back to Japan"

Frowning, Yozora nodded "Okay..." She closed the book "Are we meeting them on the plane?"

"No" Gold burned "They're being readied for transport... They're alive but still in danger so we need to head out to allow the FBI to focus on them" He wasn't even allowed to see them. They'd been found a while ago but the FBI had waited to contact him.

"How bad?" Yozora couldn't help the question from slipping out.

"Bad" Saguru answered "Really bad, I only know the bare details" He turned to start collecting a few things, mainly just a few changes of clothes in case something happened. Nothing really important was here anyways. The blond turned back to Yozora "Is there anything you want to take?"

Yozora picked up the bag of clothes that Kaito had bought for her "I'm ready"

"Right" He didn't comment on how the girl's eyes were shining like she was about to cry "Let's go, the sooner we're out of this country, the safer we'll be" The two headed out in silence, neither one in the mood to make any sort of conversation.

The plane trip had ended up being nothing more than a blur to Yozora, in fact, Saguru had had to give her a small nudge to get her attention when they'd landed in Japan. Her arrival to the very place that her mother had talked about... It felt less exciting than she'd imagined it'd feel "So what now?" Yozora inquired, sticking close to the blond as he led her off of the plane. She couldn't help but note that Saguru looked slightly less stressed now that they'd landed.

Saguru paused, almost causing Yozora to walk into him "Well..." Yes, what now? He'd been mostly out of it recently "I would like to call a friend, well he's more Kaito's friend than mine. He's a doctor..." Kaito wouldn't have been able to do all of the tests that Yozora had needed without the proper equipment.

"A doctor friend?" Yozora shrunk back a little at the thought of properly meeting another person so soon.

Gold softened "It can wait a few more days if you want, but he will be coming over to care for Kaito" At least officially that is "A long stay in the hospital isn't ideal for Kaito" Kaito was a good doctor, but waking up hurt and weak in a hospital wasn't good for him. He pulled out his phone to check for any updates now that they were off the plane.

Yozora perked up at the mention of Kaito "He'll be back soon?"

"I'm checking for updates..." He replied, notifying her that he was still listening. He read through the various messages, frowning more and more as he read "...Kaito's still getting worse since they're using him to unconsciously heal Shinichi as they work on him..." That... That made him feel conflicted "When Shinichi is stable they'll allow Kaito's body to start recovering" He really didn't like the wording they'd used, couldn't they have worded it better?

"Oh..." That meant that Shinichi had to have been hurt really badly.

They continued to walk towards where Saguru had parked his car, he'd paid enough parking to allow it to stay there for a month "Once it's safe enough to move them without risking either of them dying, they'll be brought back to Japan" He explained as he opened the car door for Yozora.

The girl hesitated a bit before hopping inside and messing with the seat belt until she managed to click it in "So Shinichi will be in the hospital the longest?"

Saguru pursed his lips as he started the car "No, Kaito's magic will heal him... So Kaito will take longer to get better" His fingers gripped the wheel tightly, turning his knuckles white "Kaito will be in a special coma for a long time... I'll need to ask someone to know just how long"

Yozora sniffed, tears threatening to fall. She knew what comas were, they were scary and dangerous things that could kill or change people "Why are they making Kaito worse then?!"

The blond swallowed, understanding the girl's confusion "Because that's what Kaito would want if it was to save Shinichi" The three of them were close "He will wake up since it's origin is from him overusing his magic" He sighed "Kaito will be housed at home due to the magical nature of his condition he'll just need to be kept clean until he wakes up. Our doctor friend, Kusama Nowaki will be popping by off and on for appearances so things don't look suspicious. He knows about Kaito's special biology, he's trustworthy"

She still felt confused and upset, but she nodded in understanding nonetheless "Am I still staying with you?" She inquired softly.

"If you still want to, or you can be with Shinichi until Kaito is awake or you know me better" He'd extended the suggestion under the impression that Kaito would be around to make her feel more safe until she got to know him better "Though instead of adopting, I'd be fostering you until Kaito wakes up"

Yozora blinked "Fostering?"

"Ah, it's like taking care of a child but not having them officially become your child" He explained "Kaito will need something exciting to look forward to when he wakes up, he'd be sad to know that he missed an adoption" 

Me: So Saguru logically backtracks the offer... Because he is mostly a stranger to Yozora and doesn't want her to be uncomfortable...

Did the start worry you?

Hope you enjoyed~

Solid or hollow chocolate? I like solid most since I usually get more per dollar~