78. Viridian

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 19 2021
Posted January 10 2022

Dinner ended up as a great success, and now Yozora was happily eating Shinichi's share of pie since the sleuth had decided to eat extra lasagna instead. Shinichi liked blueberry pie, just not as much as he did lemon pie. Seeing Yozora's hopeful expression had made him relinquish the pie to her. The lasagna was great anyways so it hadn't been that big of a loss for him since he still got to eat more good food.

"You shouldn't have given her your pie" Saguru sighed "She already eats enough sweets as it is" Because he had no doubt that Kaito supplied her with extra sugary things off and on.

The sleuth just shrugged "Let her have some extra treats, she won't be an only child for much longer" Even if Yozora's situation was unique in that she'd joined the family knowing that she'd most likely have a lot of siblings.

Saguru smiled, looking down at the egg that was trembling in his hold "True..." It was odd, he'd never imagined that an egg could move as much as this one was. It moved so much that putting it down seemed to be risky since it could roll itself around. Thankfully even if that did happen, their child would be mostly fine.

Azure gleamed "It would be funny if it hatched while Kaito was busy building the 'perfect' nest for it" The magician had been hit with the sudden urge to make a nest right after dinner. Kaito's share of the pie was sitting safely in the fridge for when he was done. Yozora had asked for it as well, but Saguru had declined despite Kaito not being there to defend the pie.

"No, it would have been horrible!" Kaito huffed, socked feet skidding a bit on the floor as he burst in the room. He'd completed the perfect nest for his and Saguru's first infant child. Yozora was their first child, so this would be their first infant child "I built the nest on our bed" Kaito said, quickly snatching the egg from Saguru. It glowed a bit when he picked it up "Saguru come, I want the baby to see the both of us first" He ran out of the kitchen.

The blond blinked in confusion "What"

Yozora Gave him a quick shove "Go! Kaito was running for a reason wasn't he?" It took a second, but Saguru quickly followed after Kaito. Yozora glanced at Shinichi "I wanna see too, I'm going to wait outside the door" She understood that they were concerned about possible imprinting, so she didn't mind that they wanted them to keep away for a bit. This would also be the first time that she'll see a baby brought into the world safely, even if it was different than usual. Growing up, she'd known that babies brought sadness due to the circumstances that she'd been living in.

"I'm-" Shinichi paused at the sound of a crying baby. He smiled "It should be good to head up now I guess" If imprinting was a thing, then it should have already happened by now. They both headed upstairs. By the time they cleared the stairs, the crying had stopped.

"You guys need to see him" Kaito called softly from the room.

Yozora ran ahead the last bit "Oh he's so cute!" She couldn't help but giggle as she laid eyes on the tiny baby in Kaito's arms. The infant looked like a blond version of Shinichi, without the cowlicks and viridian eyes instead of azure. She tilted her head a bit "His eyes are a surprise though..." They were pretty, bluish green.

"He really is cute" Shinichi agreed as he walked up to them. The eye colour didn't match their genetics, but magic was probably in play.

Kaito grinned, indigos soft "Meet Hakuro Conan" Their name choice was perfect, especially with their son's appearance.

Shinichi blinked, startled "Hakuro Conan?" He inquired softly. Shocked that they'd decided to name their first son after him.

Saguru nodded, eyes just as soft as Kaito's "Of course, you're our best friend. Someone we can rely on and care about" He held his arms out to Kaito, the magician pouted but gently transferred Conan to Saguru's arms "We made the decision the moment we knew that we were having a baby boy"

The sleuth smiled, touched and was unable to say anything in response to that. They'd chosen to name their first son after him... He'd never thought that someone would do that for him.

"Does he have no wings?" Yozora asked. She hadn't seen any, but Conan was also swaddled in a soft looking pink blanket. She was pretty sure that Kaito had chosen the colour just to be silly.

Kaito smirked "Unlike me, he was born with the ability to hide his wings" So they wouldn't have to make another deal or risk crushing Conan's wings.

Yozora perked up "What colour are they? Black?"

Saguru nodded "Conan's wings are indeed black" The dark colour was rather striking against Conan's light colouring "He'll have to be kept at home until he learns how to keep them hidden and why he needs to do so" Saguru breathed "I think clothing should suffice to keep them in, until his body realizes that he can make his wings go through things"

"So no beach or those splash pad things" Yozora blinked "And no backyard pool"

"He wouldn't be able to enjoy those things properly for a long time anyways" Shinichi snorted, amused at Yozora's statement.

"Conan doesn't have white magic" Kaito stated softly, reaching over to play with Conan's hair "Akako was right about her presence affecting him" He was glad. He was lucky that nobody had gone after him, but having two white magic users in the same place? That would just be asking for trouble "I think he has green magic, Akako once said that my- the Winged were connected to either white or green magic" Or at least he was, he majored in white magic though, barely able to make a breeze outside of extreme circumstances. He'd only truly used his wind abilities to escape from those cultists a few years back, clearing the air and dousing the flames.

Me: I've had the name and appearence chosen for so long~ 

Comment? ^-^

•3• I like when the wind blow so hard that I feel my apartment move/shake

It's always so weird

Though I love when my rats fling themselves at their bars when I enter the room even more

So affectionate >~<... They chewed the hanging part of the hammock I sewed

I don't know what material it is called to buy it. It's that stuff that's on backpacks to adjust the straps

It took me a few hours to sew it QAQ it's double sided to make it more cushy

How I got the hanging bits? I recovered them from a store bought hammock that previous rats chewed the fabric of

The fabric? A shirt that was manufactured so horribly that a single wash ruined the seams...

It costed around the same as the hammock but still!