48. The World is Unkind

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 25 2021
Posted April 12 2021

.... *Cackles*

Yozora went silent as she contemplated her choices. Saguru was still mostly a stranger to her compared to the sleuth. While she trusted Saguru to a degree, the girl couldn't help but want to go with Shinichi since she knew him. She glanced at Saguru, the male had focused more on driving. Even though she wanted to stay with the sleuth, she knew that it would be better for her to stay with Saguru instead if she were to actually accept becoming part of his and Kaito's family. Yozora nodded to herself, determination lighting up her eyes "Staying with you would help me get to know you better"

Saguru nodded, a small smile on his lips "Okay, we'll have to move some stuff from your room to another one"

The girl blinked "I already have a room?" She'd never had her own room before, sheet dividers didn't count.

"Yes, Kaito and I have been trying for a child for a long time so we've already got a room all set up" Kaito would randomly buy another toy off and on whenever he got depressed about their failures, sometimes he did so as well "We'll move the stuff for younger children to another room, we have many rooms since we both want a large family since we had no siblings" Being an only child could be lonely, neither of them had wanted that for their own.

Siblings... Yozora had always hated the thought of getting any. The girl hugged herself, reminding herself that gaining a sibling wouldn't be the result of her mother's pain anymore "I might like that" If it was from love rather than pain... "I always dreaded having a sibling before" She admitted.

Saguru pursed his lips "I wouldn't blame you for having those thoughts" Considering how she'd grown up so far... It was to be expected really "Kaito wanted 12 children but I managed to convince him that at most we should go for 5 so that our affections aren't spread too thin"

Slate widened in shock "He wanted to have 12 babies?!"

Gold softened "No, Kaito's fertility... Well it would be impossible" He sighed "We'd be happy with just one biological child, or even having all of them being adopted"

"So you'd be happy with just adopting?"

"Yes" Saguru agreed "As long as we adopt one baby the other ages wouldn't matter, that way we'll have the full parenting experience"

"You can adopt babies?" The information was shocking, she'd thought that only kids could be adopted.

"Of course, not everyone is fit for parenting and not everyone is capable of having an abortion" Saguru explained.

"What's an abortion?" Yozora had never heard that word before.

"Ah" He would have thought that she'd known considering where she'd grown up "It's when someone who is pregnant has the fetu-" He quickly changed the word to be more understandable "The baby removed from them before it's developed enough to survive. It's not developed enough to have a soul or feelings yet"

Yozora blinked "I thought that killed the mother"

"If done wrong complications could arise and result in the mother's death"

"So I guess stabbing counts as wrong"

Saguru spluttered "Yes, very wrong" Stabbing? Those poor people "Abortions are generally very safe"

Safe... Would her mother have gotten one if she'd had that option? Probably... "I think that it's nice that that option exists" The outside world was so nice "My friend was too small so she died trying to have her baby" The memory didn't bring up too much pain, just fear if anything "She could have lived if she'd had an abortion" Maki hadn't wanted to die so she hadn't stabbed herself... She still died in the end.

Small, probably too young "I'm sorry that you had to go through that" Yozora was a really strong girl.

Yozora gave a small shrug "It was kinda expected" Her chest hurt just thinking about Maki's fear "We were just too hopeful that she'd live through it"

Saguru's heart hurt as he pulled over "Did Kaito introduce you to ice cream yet?" He eyed the ice cream stand.

The girl shook her head "No, but he said that he wanted to"

"Well I'm sure that he'd understand if I did that for you instead, so want to try some now?" He offered.

Ice cream... It was something that Kaito apparently adored... Yozora nodded, feeling a bit excited "Yeah, but I wouldn't know what to choose..." Kaito had claimed that chocolate was the best, but Shinichi had said that coffee was.

Saguru hummed in thought "Why don't you try three basic types that go together? Chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. It's called Neapolitan"

"Okay" She fiddled with her seat belt before following after the blond who exited the car. She stayed silent as she half hid behind Saguru while he paid and got their ice cream. Saguru had ended up getting toffee flavoured ice cream, whatever that was. She curiously licked each scoop on her cone, enjoying the three flavours as she followed Saguru to a more secluded place under a tree. It took her a bit to realize that they were in a park "It's good"

The blond smiled "I'm glad" It was nice to know that sweets cheered her up like they did Kaito "Ice cream is a common treat in our house, that along with chocolate"

"Chocolate is nice, Kaito bought many different kinds for me to try" She'd liked the white chocolate the most and the dark had been horrible.

Saguru snorted "Of course he did, though he usually keeps it to himself"

Yozora giggled "Shinichi's reaction was the same" They spent a good while talking under the tree even after both of their ice creams had been finished. Eventually Yozora started a different conversation "You're really kind..." Yozora looked away "I didn't want to distract them from their objectives... Especially since I was unaware of some things" She paused, feeling a bit nervous "But now that it's currently safe, can I ask you something?" Saguru had been trustworthy so far, so she really hoped that he could help.

"I'll try my best to answer you" Saguru offered, giving Yozora a curious look. She looked really nervous.

"I don't want to die, can I have an abortion?"

Me: Planned from the start... The world isn't fair and is very ugly, we just hate looking at the ugliness

Youngest person to get pregnant was younger than 5 years at conception... Berry was shocked and mildly horrified O.O .... Yozora is around 8/9/10... and considering her previous lifestyle... The concise age will eventually be told ^-^ 

Hope you felt something?

My mom gave me a weird look when I said my sub thing had had herb and garlic cream cheese and ham... Is cream cheese and cold cut ham really that weird?

I've always eaten it like that o.o

Squished rat to raise mood