34. Intros

1020 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 16 2020
Posted December 14 2020

Yozora eyed the magician curiously, she'd never known that such a thing was possible "So you have both male and female parts?"

Kaito grimaced "Not exactly..." He turned towards the sleuth "She's going to probably find out since she's going to be staying with us" Since they couldn't bring liquids onto the plane, he hadn't brought the medicine that helps him pass his eggs easily.

"Probably" Shinichi agreed, he hadn't thought about it until Kaito had brought it up just now "It should be fine, no one will believe her if she tries to say anything"

The girl frowned, what were they talking as if she could be a threat to them? They were obviously the ones with the power, what could she possibly do that could endanger them?

"Okay then" Kaito's eye gleamed "You can't tell anybody, I've already been captured and treated-" He paused, thinking over his words "Treated like an object" He wasn't sure if the other would even know what a lab rat was "I don't think that I could ever go through that again"

Yozora lowered her gaze, hands fiddling together. She was actually going to be given the power to harm Kaito? She didn't know how to feel about that, she'd never really had that sort of power before "I won't unless I find out that you two aren't good people" If they hurt her, she'd hurt them, it was reassuring to have a backup.

The magician smiled as he let his glamour fade, revealing his dark wings "I lay eggs so I got myself registered as a hermaphrodite so that it wouldn't seem odd when my partner and I have a child"

Slate eyes were wide with awe, wings, Kaito had wings! Her mother had told her that there were a lot of art pieces with winged people, that they were usually considered to be good. Yozora knew they were wings since her mother had once drawn a picture of them with dust "You're an angel!" She gasped, excited.

Shinichi snickered "No, he's just part bird"

Yozora's gaze was glued to the feathery wings, they looked so soft and sleek. She wanted to touch them, but that would mean moving closer to him. She wasn't sure if she wanted that.

Kaito gave the girl a knowing look "Shinichi wanted to touch them when he first saw them too" He stretched his left wing out, just enough for Yozora to be able to touch it if she decided to.

"Of course I did" Shinichi scowled, face tinted a bit from embarrassment "It was my first time seeing something like that"

She bit her lip, one touch wouldn't hurt right? It wasn't like she would be touching skin either, just the feathers that she'd only seen on outfits or in pictures. These were the prettiest ones she'd ever seen though, they had a nice sheen to them. They didn't look like the fakes she'd seen. Cautiously, she reached out, touching the tips in awe. They were so silky "They're so pretty" Yozora blurted out.

"Thank you" Kaito tucked his wings back to himself "I do my best to take care of them" Both Saguru and the rest of his friends got worried whenever they got a bit scruffy since messy wings usually meant poor health in birds. He still wasn't sure whether to feel happy or a bit offended about that. He combed his fingers though a few feathers, plucking out a dead one "See?" He flashed a grin "Lots of care required"

Yozora blinked, she hadn't even noticed that there'd been something wrong "That must be a pain to take care of" Her long hair could be annoying to brush, so she could only imagine the difficulty of cleaning his wings. Her thoughts then jumped back to one of Kaito's earlier comments, he'd been captured and hurt before "Are you like me?"

Shinichi eyed the magician with a worried expression. He hoped that the other wouldn't have nightmares tonight.

Kaito's smile fell "A bit, but I wasn't used for sex" The feather in his hand snapped "They were trying to use science to breed me, I don't remember much" He didn't want to talk about it, but talking would help Yozora feel more safe around them "I was always drugged, rarely becoming lucid enough to do anything. I wasn't even considered to be human in their eyes, just an animal"

The girl shivered, that sounded scary "How did you escape?"

Indigo softened, a warm smile on his face "I didn't, I was rescued by both Shinichi and my partner" If not for them, would he still be there? Or would he have died by now? He refused to think further on the thought.

"We work for the police" Shinichi smiled "It's what we do, but even if it wasn't we still wouldn't have given up on finding him"

Yozora tilted her head "Not all police are good" Her gaze lowered "I've met a few policemen before"

Shinichi's lips thinned "Yeah, it hurts to admit it, but bad officers do exist" There would always be both bad and good people in almost every profession.

Oh, he believed her? She'd thought that he'd defend the people he worked with "I wish I remember their names" There'd been no point, she'd thought that the police were untouchable.

Kaito's gaze zeroed in on Yozora, from the way she said that... "Wait, does that mean you know some names?"

"Mom told me that I should remember what I could" Even if she didn't want to "I don't know why she said that though" But she'd listened, since her mother usually had a point.

"Maybe she was banking on the hopes that you might escape one day like she did" Shinichi stated, half to himself "That way the people who hurt you could get punished"

The magician nodded eagerly "That's probably it" He scrambled to the dresser and pulled out a pen and notepad "Can you tell us their names? It could really speed things up" Kaito then paused, seeming to reconsider something "But only if you're comfortable doing it" He amended "We'll understand if it's too painful to say any of them"

Yozora stared at Kaito "I'll tell them" She wanted them to pay.

Me: So Kaito shared some hardships in order to relate to Yozora~

Hope you enjoyed~

When I was really little I asked where cobwebs came from, my mom said Cobs made them,then went to go do something

The only thing I associated the word 'Cobs' with was corn cobs... So I imagined corncob shaped/sized hairy bugs with Long legs scrambling about

I wasn't scared, just confused as to how could the Cobs be hiding so well 0.0