62. A Chapter Numbered 62

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 23 2021
Posted August 16 2021

Saguru was concerned as he arrived back at his house, he'd hurried back as fast as he could once he'd gotten the call from Shinichi. Thankfully he'd been close to the vets so it was just a matter of picking up Fluffy and returning home with her. The poor kitten seemed really out of it, that was good. Maybe Yozora would be able to actually cuddle Fluffy, the girl was sure to be at least frazzled. When the blond checked the living room, it was empty. So he brought the cat carrier containing fluffy up the stairs with him before knocking on Yozora's door.

"You can come in" Yozora called, knowing that it was either Shinichi or Saguru.

The blond opened the door, relieved to see Yozora laying on her bed, doing something on her phone "Are you okay?" Saguru inquired as he walked over to put the carrier onto Yozora's bed and opened it. The action immediately caught the girl's attention.

"Yeah, I was just startled" She was feeling a lot better now that it was over "She's so dopey" Yozora cooed, smiling as Fluffy stumbled her way out of the cat carrier. It was obvious that the kitten was very disorientated.

Gold softened "I figured that there was a good chance of actually getting to snuggle with her" The kitten was less likely to try and scratch them while she was like this "Just be gentle with her, she was cut open yesterday" They didn't need to schedule another vet appointment so soon.

Yozora nodded, slate focused on the kitten as she cautiously nudged the kitten onto her lap "She's on my lap!" She squeaked, gently scratching around Fluffy's right ear.

Saguru smiled "Have fun, I'm going to check on both Shinichi and Kaito" The sleuth really shouldn't have gotten down the stairs on his own.

"Okay" Yozora replied absentmindedly, attention mainly focused on Fluffy.

The blond left Yozora's room and headed to Shinichi's temporary room, not bothering to knock before entering. If Shinichi was sleeping, he didn't want to wake him up. The sleuth needed as much rest as he could possibly get. When he entered, he was surprised to note that Shinichi was actually awake "Do you want me to bring in some books for you to read?" Saguru inquired, just laying in bed must be quite boring.

"No, I'll end up trying to stay awake in order to read them" Shinichi sighed, it was a bad habit of his. It was also a habit that he wasn't willing to get rid of. He grimaced "Minichiro-Keibu isn't going to be a keibu for much longer" He deadpanned.

Saguru stifled a small laugh "That's a relief, I can't believe he lasted as one for so long" The guy was both annoying and bad at his job. It was always good to know that there was one less bad cop in the force. The bad ones made things so much harder for the actually decent ones.

Azure narrowed "He was probably doing the exact same thing that he was accusing us of doing" Falsifying records and using his family name to get what he wanted "It would make more sense if he did. Thankfully his actions today were inexcusable and not something that could be easily covered up" Sato would make sure to spread the story around the department before any actions were attempted to cover it up. Police gossip could spread fast.

"You do know that everyone will know that you're back right?" And unwell to boot.

Shinichi let out a sigh "Yeah, but few of them have a key to your house" Many people had the key to his own house, so he was less likely to be pestered in his friends' house "I have no problem with seeing anyone, I just don't want anyone barging in while I'm resting"

"Yeah, I'll make sure that everyone knows that you're resting right now" Saguru promised, rest was the best thing for Shinichi right now.

"Thanks, the last thing I need is either Heiji or Ran popping up to pester me" He appreciated his friends, but he was planning to spend most of his time sleeping. He wanted to recover as quickly as possible. That way he'd be able to fully take care of himself again.