76. Theft Plan of Sugar

1019 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 5 2021
Posted December 20 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on January 3 2022

Days passed, and they soon turned into weeks. Thankfully both Saguru and Shinichi had only gotten minor injuries while chasing criminals, said injuries were quickly healed with magic. Aoko and surprisingly Akako ended up taking Yozora skating a few times. Sometimes Kaito joined, but only when someone was around to hold the egg for him. The magician refused to even consider taking the egg to a skating rink. It was just too risky.

The egg itself had grown quite large, around the size of a toddler. It was also harder to carry it with how weirdly heavy it was. 20 pounds didn't seem like much, but holding it for too long could take its toll on you. At first the weight had concerned everyone but Akako, that is until the witch had just stated that it was a safety mechanism to prevent it's absence from going unnoticed. The weight was caused by magic, not the infant inside the egg.

"Do you really think that it's going to hatch soon?" Yozora inquired, sitting on the couch, slightly leaning against the egg.

Kaito nodded, indigos soft. He was sitting on Yozora's other side. The girl was officially his kid, the paperwork had been completed and fast tracked "I felt it move this morning" It had startled him so bad that he'd almost dropped it. Sadly Saguru had already gone to work at that point in time.

Yozora gave Kaito a flat look "You do know that humans can feel their babies long before they're born right?"

"Of course I do" Kaito snorted "I'm a doctor"

"Well then it might be similar with the egg" Yozora offered.

Kaito shook his head "No, I can just feel it" His wings fluffed up a bit in excitement.

Yozora jolted in surprise when the egg seemed to wiggle at Kaito's words "...If you say so..." Magic was confusing. It was hard to tell if she should believe Kaito or not.

"I know so" Kaito affirmed, grinning. He just hoped that the egg hatched while Saguru was home. Unlike with normal 'births' the blond wouldn't be able to use the excuse of his partner was in labour. While they'd edited his records to make it possible for them to have a biological child together, it would be really awkward if it was a false alarm and they had no infant to show off. His recent absence would help them fabricate the tale of them having kept the 'pregnancy' a secret. Everyone who mattered knew that he was good at hiding things, so it would be very plausible. Kaito snickered at Yozora's reaction "I'm going to invite Shinichi over for dinner"

"Okay" Yozora smiled. Last week they went to Shinichi's house for dinner, it had been nice. She'd met the sleuth's childhood friend Ran. Ran had been cool, especially with how she'd offered to teach her karate. Yozora hummed "Can we have lasagna? With garlic bread and cheese?"

"With salad, and a nutrient drink, yes" Kaito agreed. He really liked the dish, and requiring more food was nice, it meant that they got to eat more tasty food without consequences.

Yozora nodded in agreement. Kaito made good salads, and topping them with bacon bits and cheese was great. It made up for the leafy bits, she didn't care for lettuce. She glanced over at the egg, noting that Fluffy had hopped up and snuggled against it. The kitten loved the heat the egg provided "Can we have some pie afterwards?" Yozora smiled "I've been holding the egg the most today... and a fruit pie should be nutritious"

Kaito smirked "Is that why you insisted on having the egg for yourself today?" The pie was supposed to be for tomorrow.

Slate gleamed with amusement "Maybe, that and the egg attracts fluffy to me. Yesterday one of her paws stretched out to my lap while she was sleeping" The kitten hadn't been pressed against her in a cuddle, but it was progress!

"We can have the blueberry pie tonight and the strawberry tomorrow"

"Wait, there were two pies?" Yozora hadn't noticed.

Kaito shrugged "I suspected that you might try to get pie tonight so I got two" He'd originally gotten some pie for Aoko and Akako's visit. He reached over and took the egg "I should have gotten a lemon pie instead, but I'll just eat Shinichi's share if he doesn't want it" Actually, not getting a lemon pie was good, it meant that he could have more pie for himself.

Fluffy growled at the loss of the egg, shooting Kaito a dark glare.

"Or I could have his share"

Kaito shook his head "Nope, if you're still hungry after pie, you can have another nutrient shake" Saguru was always scolding him for giving Yozora so much sugar, he should really start to listen to him more.

She hadn't expected her plan to backfire like this "Could the second shake have some ice cream in it?"

The vanilla ice cream was Saguru's... Kaito smiled "Sure, but only vanilla since it'll go best with fruit"

"Cookie dough could work just as good, the colour is similar" It was also tastier than vanilla.

Kaito grimaced "I've tried that, trust me, it didn't taste good" Saguru had given him such an exasperated look too, forcing him to drink it all instead of wasting food after he'd specifically told him that trying it would be a very bad idea.

Yozora pouted, knowing that the other was telling the truth "Fine I'll eat Saguru's ice cream instead of yours" They were her parents, and she cared for them. But she still hasn't decided on what she wanted to call them yet. The only name that'd been taken off the list was Daddy, because that name was connected to creepy things that she didn't want associated with either of them.

"It's not my fault that chocolate doesn't mix well with every fruit" Kaito teased, glad that he preferred chocolate over vanilla. Saguru's ice cream was always being dug into because of how versatile it was. It didn't matter that they could always buy more, Kaito liked to keep his chocolate for himself.

"I could just have strawberries, blueberries, and bananas with chocolate ice cream for my shake" Yozora countered playfully.

Me: So some nice light conversation~

Comment? ^-^

I tried some banana yogurt, it was good ^-^ very simple taste

Eggnog isn't a simple taste... Do you like it? I love it >~< I get at least one carton a year all to myself

Wish it was around all year long