10. Choice, Info

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 1K Views~
~Yay 10k Words~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written May 1 2020
Posted May 18 2020

Gold softened as Saguru leaned over to wrap both arms around the magician "I know that it's important to you" There were children involved after all "But I seriously don't want you to go" It was selfish, but he didn't think that the other should leave so soon.

Kaito met the other's gaze for a few moments before letting out a sigh, shoulders slumping "Okay, I'll tell Shinichi that I'm not going" He gave a small smile "I honestly didn't really want to go anyways" He hadn't wanted to leave Saguru.

"Thank you" Saguru breathed, pressing a soft kiss to Kaito's neck. The old Kaito would have argued until he was blue in the face before sneaking away, he was thankful that the magician had matured over the years.

The magician waved his phone, indigos weary "I've already sent the text so it's official" He'd been planning on having Nowaki, Aoko, and Akako look after Saguru while he was gone but now that wasn't going to be necessary. Thankfully he hadn't contacted them yet. There was no way that he would have left the blond without someone to check in on him off and on. Indigos misted a bit, especially not now.

Meanwhile Shinichi grimaced when he read the new text from Kaito, telling him that he'd changed his mind. He honestly felt for the couple and had actually been about to boot Kaito out of the mission once Ai had told him what had happened. It was relieving that he wouldn't have to fight the other, but also concerning. Azure softened as he gave Tsuki a few good scratches, at least his friends had each other.

Ai gave the sleuth a side glance from where she was cleaning up after a few tests "Judging from your face, Kuroba isn't going right?" She finished cleaning up the rest of her supplies "You're not going either"

"I know" Shinichi's shoulders sagged "The FBI will just have to send in a few more teams in the meantime" Hopefully they wouldn't go missing as well. The only reason Shinichi had been approved for the mission was due to how he was supposed to have Kaito for backup. He was apparently too important to risk losing, or so he'd been told.

The scientist smirked "They don't want to lose the guy that was the mastermind behind taking down two criminal organizations" It was funny that ever since the sleuth had proved his worth, those with higher powers had decided to keep him safe.

"I don't think it would have gone well anyways due to the timing" Kaito wouldn't have been able to focus completely on the task "It's best that we wait" Shinichi breathed.

"I agree" Ai stated "Not to mention that his lethargy was caused by his body providing for the egg" Now that he wasn't carrying anymore, his vitality should probably improve.

The sleuth frowned "Surely it was too early to have that kind of effect on him" Though he did remember how Saguru had been concerned about how low on energy Kaito had been lately.

"Unlike females, Kuroba didn't have a period" Ai started "So his body isn't used to making up extra blood to later expel if there's no pregnancy" She glanced down at her notes, a small frown on her lips "Judging by how emotionally off Kuroba has been, I think that it's safe to assume that his gestation period will be shorter than a normal pregnancy"

Shinichi grimaced "So on top of the calcium supplements that you've been giving him, he's going to need iron ones as well next time" The calcium was due to how no matter what, Kaito was going to be making eggs, which used up a fair amount of calcium in the process.

Ai's face darkened "I'm not sure if there'll be a next time"

The sleuth bit his lip as he remembered the starry eyed look Kaito got around children, and the soft smile Saguru always gave the magician in response "Couldn't you make something to help? Aren't there normal fertility treatments that already exist?" Ai could use those as a base to help.

"For humans yes" The scientist's gaze narrowed "But as much as we like to deny it, Kuroba isn't fully human, and I don't want to risk messing something in him up" There was a greater chance of her causing more harm than good if she tried to make something to boost the magician's conception rate "The most I can do is monitor his vitals to make sure that something doesn't go wrong"

Despite how he wanted to argue about how skilled she was, he didn't. Ai looked genuinely regretful and scared "Okay" He wouldn't pressure her.

Ai's grip on her clipboard tightened as she stared down at the papers, avoiding the sleuth's gaze "We don't even know if his body would be able to handle a child" Her voice was low "He almost died when one of his eggs came a bit too late" She bit her lip "A baby, with or without an egg around it could potentially be too big for him"

"Shit" Shinichi cursed, he hadn't thought about that "Have you told them?" Her concern made more sense now.

"I've told Kuroba" She admitted "But not Hakuba" Because it was private and she didn't want to lose the magician's trust.

"So Saguru doesn't know" There's no way that the blond wouldn't have said something to him if he knew. The blond liked to confide in him about Kaito more often than not.

"I think that he's trying to ignore it in favour of hoping that everything goes fine" Ai replied softly "And I've been sort of encouraging it" Kaito often had more luck than most, but when things went bad, it got bad "There's a good chance that complications only happened because the egg wasn't fertilized" She turned towards the sleuth "You know how eerie he is of being touched there right?" Shinichi nodded, those scientists had been horrible to his friend "Well he's been allowing me to do tests on him" That's how desperate Kaito was "And there's also an equal chance of him laying an egg like a bird, and needing to keep it warm until it hatches"

Me: Mixing magic and science together always has some uncertainties~

Hope you enjoyed~

Berry has been lazy lately... RIP beautiful stockpiles XD though this book had never had more than 3 chappy in stock anyways...

Been busy reading Boku no hero academia fanfics >^<

There's so many... gotta go through the whole list then double back repeatedly (due to updates) until I'm caught up