19. Chapter 19

1015 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written July 11 2020
Posted August 3 2020

Dangerous winds near midnight woke me up =~= so here's the chappy...

Why did sirens have to go off at exact time of a burst of wind? Doesn't make sense

"Oh, it smells good out here" Kaito breathed as he entered the mansion's backyard to spot Saguru grilling some burgers and hot dogs.

Gold gleamed "I'm glad to see that you're still alive Kaito" He teased, knowing that the other could have easily been turned into an animal by Akako.

Indigos narrowed, a small smile tugging at Kaito's lips "Why did you abandon me if you had doubts of my survival?" He let out a dramatic sigh "How cruel of you"

"Get off me" Saguru shook of Kaito, who'd latched his arms around his waist "You know better than to disturb me when I'm grilling" It was hazardous and burns were always one of the more painful kinds of injuries, not that the other had ever made him get burned while cooking of course. He just liked to be cautious.

The magician allowed the other to shake him off "I'm always careful" He wouldn't let Saguru get burned. Indigos gleamed "If I wasn't, I wouldn't have announced my presence first"

The blond eyed Kaito "What did Koizumi-chan want?" The magician looked a bit tense, but not in an alarming way.

Kaito grimaced "Shinichi apparently helped Akako with blood magic" He shivered, he needed to remember to scold his friend later "So I had to drink a potion that had his blood as one of the key ingredients"

Saguru blinked, that was, alarming "I don't think that it would be a good idea for him to start dabbling into dark magics..." The sleuth was seemingly already cursed as it was, he didn't want to think about what would happen if the other got into it seriously.

"I agree" Kaito nodded before pausing "You didn't even react to me saying that I basically drank blood"

The detective snorted "I am quite sure that the two of us have drank a fair amount of blood in out lifetimes" Not willingly of course, but they did have somewhat hazardous lives. Especially since Kaito often worked with the FBI along with Shinichi "It's not that surprising considering that you were with Koizumi-chan" He lifted the burgers up to check to see if they were ready to be flipped, they weren't so he put them back down.

"Anyways, we'll have to have normal gay sex for at least 2 months before we can do the magical kind" The kind that they've mainly been doing in an attempt for a baby "The potion was supposed to make my body work properly but it won't if I manage to conceive" Again.

Saguru's cheeks were tinted pink, forever grateful that neither female was near enough to hear Kaito "I have no qualms with that" It was a decent price to pay if it meant that Kaito's health would improve, it had actually taken a few years for them to realize that the other's body hadn't been working sufficiently in the first place. Kaito hadn't been slowly dying or anything, he just hand't been as healthy as he could have been. Gold suddenly narrowed in thought before brightening "If your body is going to work better, will that help with conception?"

That would be nice "If it did, I'm sure that Akako would have said something" Kaito sighed "But at least I won't have to take as many pills soon"

"They really weren't kind to the blender" Saguru smiled, he was pretty sure that Ai had made them so big just to irk them. They'd gone through so many blenders because the pills she made were so dense and Kaito had been too scared of her to go and buy store versions instead. The woman had given him the scariest glare the moment he'd just mentioned doing so

The magician grinned "Our current one is number 15 isn't it?"

Saguru nodded "Indeed" His favourite model had left the market. He unfortunately hadn't had any spares so they'd been forced to find a new kind.

"Is the meat almost done?" Both males glanced over to see Aoko, she was holding some plates.

The blond checked the meat, it looked quite good "Just another minute or two" He replied.

"I'll fetch the salad" With that, Kaito jogged inside to get said food.

"How can you tell which is Kaito's?" Aoko inquired after setting the plate down on a glass outdoor table. She peered at the meat curiously "It all looks the same out of it's package" Especially after being cooked. She was pretty sure that she'd messed it up before, if the way Kaito had occasionally eyed his food in the past meant anything.

"I just keep his food on the far left" Gold gleamed "Even if I did mess up, Kaito wouldn't be too annoyed" At Aoko's curious look he explained "The same amount of meat would have been eaten anyways" Asking for it to be fixed would have been a waste.

"Yup" Kaito grinned at how Aoko jumped at his response "Meat is tasty, but I don't like how the animals are treated" He spun the salad bowl on his right pointer finger "It's all Saguru's fault"

"Could you please stop bringing that up" The blond sighed as he turned of the grill and began to place the burgers onto a plate "I've already apologized multiple times"

Aoko let out a small giggle "I'm so glad that I didn't watch the video with you"

Saguru grimaced, noting that her father would have killed him if he'd ended up turning his daughter away from meat. Especially since the reason had been to mess with Kaito in the first place "I agree" He breathed, grateful for small mercies.

"I wouldn't mind seeing such a video" Akako smirked as she exited the house "It's good to know about the cruelty that humans are capable of" Not that any of them were unaware at this point. But there was always something different when it involved animals being harmed.

Indigos narrowed "No creepy topics while we eat" He huffed, fetching the two burgers that looked a bit separated from the rest "Especially not about poor animals while the rest of you eat said animal" Saguru gave Kaito a playful swat on the head, making him grin "Mean!" He snickered before taking a seat at the table.

Me: I'm not against meat eaters, I really enjoy meat XP Just making that clear~

The domestic life continues •~• but for how long?

Hope you enjoyed zee chappy~

She looks so contemplative XD

I've never seen her again in that same position before