33. Yozora

1026 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 11 2020
Posted December 7 2020

Despite his pain, Kaito's heart couldn't help but hurt at how scared the girl both looked and sounded "You're terrified" His tone was soft "There's no way I could get angry at you for lashing out, not when it's because you're afraid" His magic had already stopped the bleeding and healed what it could, though he'd have to reopen the injuries later, pieces of his false eye had been sealed into his skin.

Shinichi nodded, his expression solemn "As we said before, we're on a secret mission to take down that group you were with" He paused "We failed to save your mother in time, so we felt that we had to at least save you"

Still tense, the girl eyed the two males "What do you mean?" They'd tried to save her mom? How could they? Her mom hadn't told her that anything worthwhile had happened "Mom never mentioned anything" She'd only said that she was going to die soon, her mother had always told her the truth, even if it would hurt.

"Shinichi and I went home to plan things out after hearing that your mom was going to be culled soon" The last bit was spat angrily, fingers curling against the floor "We'd been told that it was going to happen in a few days, so we decided to be cautious and plan here first" They'd been too slow "We can't be rash until we find out where they're keeping their documents, or else we'll never be able to look for those who have already been sold"

The girl's eyes burned "The unexpected shipment size..." She'd been killed to make room for more people.

"I'm sorry" Kaito's voice wavered "We failed" He lowered his head, ashamed.

Seeing the injured one's tears made her own fall, trailing down her cheeks. A bad person couldn't possibly cry for her like this, right? "Thank you for trying" She didn't understand why she said that, even if they seemed more trustworthy than usual, she shouldn't be showing weakness in front of them.

"We're going to take them down" Shinichi's tone was firm, he wouldn't accept any other outcome "They'll never be able to hurt another person by the time we're done with them"

That sounded nice... If only they'd come sooner, maybe then her mom wouldn't be dead. The girl sniffed, wiping away her tears "My name is Yozora" Yozora bit her lip, what were their names again? She hadn't really bothered to take note of them at the time.

Indigo softened "That's a nice name, though I'm a little surprised that it's Japanese" Hadn't both mother and daughter been born here?

"One of the first things my mom saw once she escaped the building was the night sky" Yozora explained softly, gaze downcast "She snuck on a boat to Japan and fell in love with the language and taught me it"

Shinichi offered a soft smile "Your mom sounds like she was a really amazing person" Escaping only to sneak on a boat? That was crazy, especially with how high security could be.

Kaito grinned "If you want, we can bring you to Japan after our mission" Yozora probably didn't even exist in any official records so it would be simple to make her a Japanese citizen if she wanted.

"We would let you go now, but it would be too risky" The sleuth added apologetically "You're going to be stuck with us until the ring is gone" He eyed the room "We'll separate the room with a sheet, Kaito and I will share on of the beds"

Slate widened at the offer, she could really go to Japan? Like her mom did? "I want to see the place my mom loved" She breathed "Sharing a room is fine, just keep the sex noises down" She was used to sharing her living space, not sharing would actually be weird. Both males spluttered.

Kaito's face was a bit pale "We're friends" Oh god, hearing a child say that in such a blank tone was messed up "I already have a romantic partner" Shinichi had his face buried in his hands.

Yozora tilted her head "Oh" She would have assumed they were brothers, but their last names had been different.

Indigos gleamed, taking note of Shinichi's unease "Though I wouldn't mind inviting him into a threesome, his face is sexy"

Horrified, the sleuth smacked the other "Narcissistic jerk!" Why would he even say that? "We basically have the same face!"

Kaito smirked "Yeah, I'm aware of how attractive I am"

Shinichi dragged a hand down his face "You shouldn't say things like that in front of children"

The girl let out a small giggle, she didn't feel threatened by these two at all. Kaito was the more emotional of the two, but he also seemed silly and kind. Shinichi seemed nice as well, but was obviously more reserved if the way his face lit up was any indication. They seemed like good people "I've heard way worse, that was nothing" She could also tell that Kaito was just teasing, he didn't have any lust in his eyes "I thought it was quite funny"

The magician grinned, glad that he hadn't guessed wrong. He'd figured that the girl wasn't the fragile sort of victim, so he'd risked a sexual joke since it was something that she'd sadly be able to understand. He'd just have to make his actions more readable than normal "Shinichi has never had a girlfriend or boyfriend before so he gets embarrassed more easily" He explained.

"And you said that you were married?" Yozora inquired, curious to know more about the outside world.

Kaito's smile widened "Yeah, my husband is so sweet and caring. Saguru works with the police too, but he's not as in sync during cases as Shinichi and I are, otherwise he would be here too"

"I thought gay marriage was illegal in many places" Yozora's eyes were wide with awe, her mother's information was outdated it seems.

The magician scratched his cheek nervously "It still is, but I got myself registered as a hermaphrodite" So that it wouldn't be odd if they had children together one day "My reproductive systems are written down as female since my male anatomy is useless for reproduction"

Me: Kaito did most of the talking since he's better at making friends and making people like him~

He and Saguru also cheated the system XD

Hope you enjoyed~

Horrible horrible horrible week for me >^>

I obtained 2 really old rats, one was so adorable and they were so friendly and cuddly...

The cutest one died on the same day I got her, when rats fall, they fall fast and the other one was healthy and socialized so they weren't neglected. I saw their cage and it was decent and nice.

She was so weak and cuddly in her final moments. The moment I took her out of the travel box, I knew she was gonna die QAQ she just felt so frail all of a sudden.

 The moment I took her out of the travel box, I knew she was gonna die QAQ she just felt so frail all of a sudden

The other one looks exactly like my original brown one...

Oh and something worse happened, but it's too much to say here =^=

Horrible week, I hope it starts getting better tomorrow... Though with how things are going, my package is going to get stolen