23. Text, Sweet, Plans

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own the masterpieces MK/DC~

Written August 8 2020
Posted September 7 2020

When Kaito checked his messages the next morning, he was both surprised and a little disappointed. Shinichi had texted him, saying that the FBI's most recent infiltration attempt had failed, said agents were now currently missing. He'd really been hoping that those guys would have succeeded.

With a sigh, the magician leaned against the headrest, fondly eyeing Saguru's sleeping face. Knowing Shinichi, he'd probably have to leave soon. Maybe he should make Saguru a nice breakfast before telling him. It still hurt to think about what happened, but he felt confident enough in his skills to not let it affect the mission.

A good half hour or so later had Kaito carrying up a tray holding two plates of blueberry waffles, strawberries, and some tea and chocolate milk up the stairs. Kaito smirked when the blond stirred at his entrance "Saguru it's time to get up" He put the tray on the nightstand before poking the other "Get up lazy" He gave Saguru's cheek a few more pokes "Okay, I'm going to sit on you"

"If you do, I'll kick you" Saguru grumbled as he accepted the cup of tea that Kaito had been holding out.

"Rude" Indigos gleamed as he plopped down beside the other before reaching over to grab the tray of food "And to think I brought delicious food"

Gold narrowed a bit "I was supposed to make breakfast today..." He eyed Kaito, noting that the other seemed a bit tense compared to usual "What happened?" The magician seemed to be attempting to bribe him with food.

"You shouldn't be so observant in the morning" Kaito huffed, not really annoyed. His smile fell as he focused his gaze onto the waffles "The FBI team failed, so they want Shinichi and I to go in"

Maybe he should have asked after eating, the food didn't taste as good anymore "I see" Saguru breathed "I was hoping that your assistance wouldn't be needed after all"

"Same" Kaito nibbled a bit on a waffle "At least afterwards you can tease me about being microchipped?" Normal trackers were just too risky and easier to remove. He gave a small smile "Former phantom thief, now easy to track"

Gold softened at his words "Are you okay to go?" Kaito had seemed better, but he wanted to be absolutely sure.

The magician nodded "Yeah, I'm better now" He leaned a bit against Saguru "I probably won't try to contact you when I'm there" Too risky, it'd be safe if they just cut contact just to be safe. It was still kinda unclear on just how invasive North Korea was with everything.

Saguru pursed his lips "I'd rather you not even attempt it" Kaito's safety was more important than him potentially missing the other.

"At least Tsuki will be living here again to keep you company" There was no way in hell that he'd even attempt to smuggle his beloved dove into North Korea.

"As much as I adore Tsuki, she can't replace you Kaito" The blond snorted.

Kaito grinned "Then it's a good thing that she isn't replacing me" He'd complete the mission, then return home safely. That was the only possible outcome in his opinion.

"I don't want to go in to work today..." Saguru sighed, he wanted to spend what time he could with Kaito before the other had to leave.

Indigos gleamed "Then it's a good thing that Shinichi's FBI friends called the both of us in, you for just today, and me, until I return" The bribery on top of his own reputation would prevent the hospital from firing him "My cover story is that I'm being semi-drafted to help some highly important people recover" The hospital would get a fair payment from 'lending' one of their best doctors for an unknown amount of time "Shinichi's is just that he's going undercover somewhere, and yours is just to give you a day with me before I have to leave" He'd gotten more details shortly after turning off the stove.

Saguru blinked "I just realized that this will help Shinichi avoid his potential stalker" The guy couldn't possibly follow the sleuth while he's undercover right?

Kaito snorted, letting loose a small laugh "I'm pretty sure that he'd prefer the previous agents succeeding over the chance to avoid a stalker" It wasn't just the agent that were missing, but also an unknown amount of children being harmed and sold "But I guess it doesn't hurt to look at what positives there actually are in this situation" Indigo glimmered, it was odd for Saguru to be the one thinking more positively than him.

"Where was that cafe you went to?" Saguru inquired "Since we're both free today, maybe we could go together"

Indigos softened, cheeks tinting a bit "It's near Teitan High" His hands glowed a soft white as he healed the marks he'd given Saguru the previous day "I would really love to go there for our date" Just because they lived together, didn't mean that dates weren't special to him. It was actually even more special since it wasn't being used as an excuse to see each other.

The blond nodded "Very well, we can go there for lunch" He smirked "Then we can smuggle some treats into the movie theatre to watch a movie" They'd buy popcorn of course, movie theatre popcorn was the best "I may be too full, but I figure that you'd be able to handle more food"

Kaito gave a mock glare "Are you trying to make me fat?" He nudged Saguru with his shoulder "It's no use, it's impossible"

"Of course not Dove, you wouldn't be able to fit in the ridiculous places you do if you were capable of gaining weight like a normal person" The things he's seen Kaito eat... Not to mention the quantity... It was a true mystery as to how Kaito never once even got a tiny bit pudgy. It wasn't like the guy had teenage metabolism as an excuse anymore. Saguru would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous.

The magician giggled "It's funny to see people's freaked out face whenever I exit an area that doesn't seem to be possible"

Me: Least favourite fruit that you've ever tried?

Mine is pear, the texture bugs me for some reason

Favourite fruit? Mind is tie between strawberries and blueberries

Hope you enjoyed~

In the pic below, my rats are still in the introduction phase... but at least they sleep together on my bed...

It's dark because I don't use flash on them and wattpad hates photos edited on iPhone now for some reason O.o

Those feet are so cute... Always look huge on baby rats >~<

 Always look huge on baby rats >~<