14. Tactics, Jokes

1020 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 31 2020
Posted June 15 2020

Shinichi's shoulders reflexively tensed when an unidentified male entered his vision, the guy looked to be around his mid forties and had a good amount of scruffy facial hair. Telling by the man's actions, the guy seemed to be quite nervous with how he kept warily looking around. Azure narrowed, the guy didn't have any visible weapons, but there was always the chance that there was something hidden beneath his dark coat. He swiftly sent a text to their backup, telling them to carefully enclose the guy so that he couldn't escape.

The moment the suspect began to approach the bait case, both detectives shared a look before silently slipping down from their hidden locations. Saguru approached from the front, while he did so from the back, readying his dart watch.

"Why did you decide to murder Megumi-chan's mother then kidnap Megumi?" The male froze at Saguru's question, narrowing his dark gaze at the blond. The rain had picked up a bit so it was a little hard to see things from a short distance. Saguru kept his gaze locked with the male's, silently noting that Shinichi was sneaking up on the guy as they'd previously planned.

"Rich people are a bane to the world" The male growled, stepping back from the case, further from the blond but unknowingly closer to the sleuth "They hoard all their money for themselves, so it's only fair that I take some"

Gold narrowed, the male was reaching for his coat, most likely for a weapon. He took a step closer "That isn't a good reason for murder" He breathed, Shinichi was almost in range. The heavy rain had shortened the distance since the darts were so small, thus fragile "It is also a poor reason to endanger an innocent child" He scolded. Money was such a selfish thing to hurt someone over, especially children.

The male opened his mouth, only to suddenly collapse into an unconscious heap at the ground "I used the weaker darts so he shouldn't be out for long" Shinichi breathed, lowering his hand "He's the only one who knows where Megumi-chan is so I didn't want him out for long.

Saguru nodded "Then we should properly restrain him before he wakes up" Identifying him could come after the guy was no longer a potential threat to them. With that, the two detectives handcuffed and searched the guy, taking away both a handgun and knife from him.

"Kudo-kun, Hakuba-kun" Takagi ran up to them with relief a few minutes later "Eyeing the two for any new injuries "You two did a good job" He praised, glad that they were okay. Even though the two were arguably the best officers in Tokyo, he still couldn't help but worry whenever they were involved in a potentially dangerous situation. Maybe it was because one of them was a literal murder magnet, and the other was partnered with a crazy magician.

Shinichi offered a small friendly smile "Thanks for being part of the backup"

Saguru eyed the sleuth, Shinichi's cheeks were quite flushed. He turned towards Takagi "I'll take Shinichi to the hospital, he looks feverish" Shinichi's immune system wasn't as good as it was supposed to be ever since he'd gotten his own body back.

Takagi's brows pinched with worry, he was aware of the other's weak immune system "That's fine, we should be able to handle things from here" He easily agreed.

When the other left, Shinichi scowled at the blond "I don't need to go to the hospital" It was just another fever, he was used to fevers since he'd been getting them more and more often through the years.

The blond raised a brow "Your skin is inflamed from what I can see around your injuries" The cuts were random and looked like the sleuth had almost been mauled or something, it was quite curious indeed. Gold gleamed "And maybe I'm just using you in order to see Kaito"

Azure softened "You're really worried about him still?" Kaito was strong.

"Somewhat" Saguru breathed as they started making their way towards his car "He still burst into tears randomly, but he's been getting better" He doesn't see the outbursts anymore, but he catches glimpses of the redness around Kaito's eyes.

"He'll be okay" The sleuth affirmed, absently rubbing at one of the gashes on his wrists. Maybe he should see the magician, if only to get rid of how itchy his injuries were.

"I'm really curious to know what happened to you" The blond switched the subject.

Azure gleamed "I'm not saying anything yet, maybe in a few weeks though"

Saguru raised a brow "Are you just being difficult?" This was something that was more expected from Kaito than Shinichi. His eyes narrowed, suddenly feeling unsure "Please tell me that you're not actually Kaito are you?" Shinichi had been acting odd, and it was hard to tell between the two of them since they literally had the same face.

Shinichi snorted "No, I'm not Kaito" He couldn't blame Saguru for being wary since they had switched places before. Though it was always Kaito who was around Saguru. The blond could tell when it was a fake Kaito, but not when there was a fake Shinichi since Kaito was a master at acting. Saguru had actually gotten back at the two once by intentionally kissing Shinichi who'd been pretending to be Kaito at the time. Neither sleuth nor magician had been happy.

"Good" That was a relief, Shinichi's injuries didn't look fake "I'm not fond of the idea of kissing you again to make sure" The two got into Saguru's car. Kaito didn't drive much since the blond was concerned about how daring the magician could be, thus it was not their car, but his car.

The sleuth visibly shuddered at the memory "I'll punch you if you try" He eyed the blond "Then I'd tell Kaito" He did not want his friend to kiss him.

"He'd probably go after you for 'seducing' me" Saguru laughed "Don't worry, I like weird magicians" Kaito was the only one for him.

Shinichi rested his head against the glass, enjoying the coolness of the window. It was like it sucked away the warmth from his skin, it was nice.

Me: So Kaito wasn't in this chappy~ I liked Shinichi's and Saguru's teamwork~

Hope you enjoyed~

Turtles are deaf •~•

And hedgehogs can't hear the proper frequency of human speech

A wagging tail doesn't always mean that a dog is happy, it can also be a warning