73. Egg Warming and Talking

1033 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 4 2021
Posted November 22 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on December 6 2021

Many hours were spent with Kaito fawning over the egg, he was just so amazed and excited. They were soon going to have two official children. All that was required was for the paperwork to be done for Yozora and for the egg to hatch. The magician really wanted to know the gender, but Akako had told him that they wouldn't know until their child hatched. It was both exciting and a little frustrating.

"Kaito looks adorable doing that" Yozora whispered to Saguru. Kaito had his knees tucked near his chest, the egg the only thing stopping his knees from being tucked in completely. His wings were out, braced forwards to wrap around himself.

"He does" Saguru agreed with a smile. Seeing Kaito so happy made him feel even more happy himself.

"Kaito can hear you" Kaito murmured, scowling despite the amusement in his voice. He couldn't help it, he wanted to protect and keep the egg warm. It was quite big compared to when it'd first came out of him. It made him hopeful, did the size relate to how long it'll take to hatch? He hoped so. That would mean that he'd just need to get more people to touch the egg.

"I wonder if Tsuki would be willing to warm the egg" Yozora mused "Fluffy's size would be better, but I wouldn't trust her with it" Cats liked to knock things over right? She'd caught fluffy starting to bat a glass off the coffee table once.

Kaito visibly grimaced "I wouldn't trust Fluffy either" The kitten was cute, but mean. He could totally see the little thing shoving the egg off of something.

"At least you've practically taken a leave from work" Saguru stated softly, "That way you can warm the egg yourself" Saguru gave Kaito a knowing look "I highly doubt that you'll want to use an egg incubator"

"Of course not" Kaito frowned "That would be very impersonal, holding the egg is best" He would love the egg, and their child would hatch and be very healthy.

"An incubator would probably kill it" Akako stated, stroking Fluffy "It needs to receive warmth from a living being"

Yozora's gaze zeroed in on Fluffy. She reached over to stroke the kitten, quickly retreating when sharp claws lashed out "Why?!" She was more upset with the betrayal than the blood dripping from her hand. Did Akako bewitch Fluffy?! That had to be the only explanation...

Kaito snickered, extending his left wing to touch Yozora's shoulder, the injury healed without a trace.

The girl plucked a visibly loose feather as Kaito's wing returned to it's previous position. Yozora then waved the feather around, trying to entice the kitten "Fluffy"

"Please don't get Fluffy into playing with feathers..." Saguru couldn't help but grimace "We don't want her going after Tsuki, or your future sibling if they have wings too"

"Hey, why wasn't I mentioned?" Kaito protested.

"It doesn't matter if Fluffy goes after you" Akako answered with a smirk.

"Rude" Kaito was a bit surprised that Akako hadn't already left yet. It was weird for her to just spend a day here, without Aoko to accompany her.

"You can't really be damaged by Fluffy" Saguru stated, ignoring the sound of the front door unlocking. It was probably either Aoko or Shinichi. Everyone else seemed to ignore it as well.

"I'm here with a guest" Shinichi called. Kaito shivered, already guessing who the sleuth had brought.

Yozora blinked when a strawberry blond teen followed in after Shinichi. She had a cool gaze, she was also very pretty.

"I'm going to check on your health" Ai stated as she walked right up to Kaito.

Kaito sighed, wings wilting as he uncurled himself "Thanks for asking..." He huffed, handing the egg over to Yozora before following her out of the room. The medical room would have all the required equipment.

"Um..." Yozora hugged the egg "Will Kaito be okay?" She asked, looking towards Shinichi.

The sleuth nodded, a small smirk on his lips "Yeah, Haibara makes him uneasy, but she's the only person that he actually let's check his full health" Past experiences had caused Kaito to develop a great dislike for being examined near where the eggs came out of.

Yozora nodded "Okay" She held out the egg as Shinichi sat down near her "You need to hold it, the child will consider you family if you do"

Since Saguru offered no objection, Shinichi carefully accepted the egg, startling a bit when it glowed and grew a bit "So that's how they knew it wasn't a dud..." Shinichi mused, running a finger against its smooth surface "The previous colour was nicer, but blue is a good colour too" It looked more natural, if one excluded it's size of course.

"I was expecting you to arrive last" Saguru mused "A slow day?" He highly doubted that the sleuth had left during a case.

"Yeah" Shinichi sighed "But that means that tomorrow will probably be extra busy or hectic..." That's just the way things were when it came to his luck.

"Don't worry about it, just relax" Yozora offered a smile "That way you'll be well rested for tomorrow if you're right"

"I'll be going in too to help" Saguru stated, getting up from his seat "What drinks would you all like? Kaito will require a pick-me-up so I might as well get everyone else's drinks as well" Hot chocolate should do for Kaito.

"Coffee please" Saguru already knew what kind he liked "Oh and Haibara will probably want water"

"I'll take some mint tea" Akako stated.

Yozora thought for a second "I'll have whatever Kaito's having" It was probably something very chocolatey and tasty.

Saguru nodded and headed towards the kitchen to prepare the different drinks.

Akako smirked at Shinichi after Saguru had left "The results of your contribution seem to be going well, hopefully the timing will match well with the little one in the egg"

Shinichi shifted a bit nervously "Oh? That's good. Is it you or?"

"Magic" Akako replied "It's the only way to ensure even genetics"

The sleuth blinked, then looked down at the egg "Something like this?"

Akako nodded "Correct"

Yozora frowned, not really understanding what they were talking about "Do you have an egg too?"

The witch's smile became a lot less threatening as she directed it towards Yozora "Not an egg, a magic orb"

Me: So a nice warm chapter with some playful barbs sent Kaito's way~

Comment? ^-^

Real convo;

My mom: Do you want me to pick you up anything?

Me: Yeah, you need to replace my muffin... *Pauses, trying to think of the next word* of English that you took

Berry is English, but she can't English well...

Table of coffee... Muffin of English... I need to collect food, water my rats... Gah

I write weird because I talk weird •^•