26. Dinner, Sleepy

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written September 7 2020
Posted October 5 2020

Kaito smiled to himself as he and Saguru continued to walk through the mall. He'd actually managed to get the other to buy the matching cat ear hoodie with him, said clothing was neatly tucked away in a shopping bag hanging off his arm. The magician knew that the other would probably never wear it outside, but that was completely fine, they could wear the matching hoodies in their house.

Eventually the time passed enough until it was considered a decent enough time to have dinner "Hey Saguru, do you want to grab something from the food court or find something else to eat?" Kaito inquired, tilting his head towards said food court as they passed it. He personally had no preference since the day had already been amazing in his eyes.

The blond eyed the court tables, noting that there was already a fair amount of people at them. While he didn't mind food courts, he wanted to have Kaito for himself "I wouldn't mind grabbing something to go from here"

Kaito nodded "Okay, someplace that won't have their food go soggy too fast..." He took note of some places, and immediately crossed a few off of the list "I think that fry place lets you choose your own condiments" He pointed towards a NY Fries place "Their food is actually quite good"

"Hot dogs and fries it is then" Saguru affirmed as they headed towards the cashier. He was actually secretly fond of their food.

The two ordered their meals before leaving the mall, food in tow "Today has been nice" Kaito breathed as they sat down on some grass away from the doors.

"It has" Saguru agreed, looking up at the sky, it was getting dark, but it was still quite easy to see "We should just go out together more often" It felt nice just to go around and not worry about cases. To just enjoy the other's company.

"I'd like that" Indigos were gleaming as the magician took another bite of his veggie dog "We'll have another date after I get back okay?"

"It's a promise" Saguru nodded, swatting Kaito's hand when he spotted the other going to snatch some of his fries "You haven't even finished your own" He scolded, smirking.

The magician snickered "So?" The two talked and ate for a good while until their food was done.

"We should head back soon" The blond stated, it had gotten dark out while they'd been eating "What time are you going to meet Shinichi at the airport?"

Kaito sighed, rolling back so that he was laying on the grass "Our flight is at 9 in the morning..." So that meant that he should probably get there around 6 just to be safe, it wasn't a leisure trip so it was better safe than sorry "I'm going to have to get up super early" He whined.

Gold softened "Then we really should be getting back if we want to make it there in time" He reached over to give the other's hand a squeeze.

The magician blinked "You don't have to come, you should sleep" Saguru had to go to work tomorrow.

"I'll be fine"Saguru replied, gold glinting "I seem to recall that I've functioned on less sleep before due to Kid heists. I highly doubt that the day will be less energy consuming than your heists" Very few criminals actually started crazy chases like Kid had.

"If you say so" If Saguru said it was fine, it was fine "I wouldn't mind seeing your pretty face longer than I'd initially expected"

The blond rolled his eyes "Your face is prettier than mine" He snorted, collecting their trash before standing up. He glanced around before spotting a trash bin. He promptly disposed of their trash.

"Having a pretty face can be useful" The magician was grinning. He'd gotten away with so many things because of it, even when he wasn't disguised.

"Yes, Yes" Saguru breathed, waving his hand in dismissal "I'm already aware of the fact that you like to weaponize your good looks and non-overly masculine appearance" He'd seen Kaito in countless female disguises before "Let's go home" The two headed back to the car, Kaito taking the passenger seat like always.

By the time they reached their house, it was already part 10pm, nearing 11 since they'd taken a detour to get ice cream. Kaito stifled a yawn as he curled up beside the other, all set and cozy in their bed. He'd delayed the inevitable action of sleep for as long as the blond had allowed. Sleep came easily to him.

Saguru scowled, gold squinting open at the sound of the alarm. He shot the alarm clock a glare since it was too far away for it to be turned off without him getting up. He glanced over at Kaito, noting that the magician was still sleeping, the guy was drooling as he hugged his pillow "Kaito get up" He growled, voice still thick with sleep, it was way too early to be awake right now. He gave the other a little shove.

"Five more minutes..." Kaito whined, still half asleep but slowing waking as the seconds went by.

"No, get up" Saguru pinched Kaito's nose until the other was forced to wake up and push him away.

"Jerk" The magician yawned, getting up to turn off the alarm.

"We need to get ready so that you don't miss your flight" Saguru countered, still feeling sleepy. He wasn't a morning person until he got tea or an adrenaline rush from being called into a case.

"Meh" Kaito trudged down to the kitchen to make himself some hot chocolate and to start the tea for Saguru. He sometimes wished that he'd kept his odd ability to wake up after a long night from high school. Tired indigos glanced over when the blond joined him in the kitchen "You still don't regret waking up too?" He inquired, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"I'll be fine once I'm more awake" Saguru promised, stifling a yawn. After some tea and a quick shower, he'll be good "At least you can sleep on the plane" He offered.

Kaito nodded "Yup" Shinichi would keep a look out.

Me: Another calm chappy~

Hope you enjoyed~

Inuyasha is getting a sequel!!! >^< Yashahime

Gotta rewatch/read Inuyasha now...