37. Stalker, The Legal Sort

1029 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written December 18 2020
Posted January 11 2020

Saguru sighed, pinching his brow. He'd somehow acquired an annoying stalker during the last few days, and he was already fed up with them. Normally he'd like to say that his bullshit tolerance and patience was quite high, mainly because he's partnered with a crazy magician. However, not even he had unlimited patience for abrasive snobs.

At first his stalker had been all polite, eager to get to know him, which was fine, he was used to people like that. The problem was that after watching him do his work, his stalker had argued that he was doing things wrong, that he should have left the small things to those who were more beneath him. That was when Saguru had decided that he hated this guy. Yes he'd grown up rich, and had connections in high places via his father, but that didn't make him above the others. Sure skill wise it was true, but the snob hadn't been talking about his skill, he'd been talking about his social standing.

The blond couldn't even properly report his stalker because said stalker was Minichiro Karute, apparently the inspector hadn't left like everyone had initially thought. The sneaky bastard had laid low, processing some paperwork under the radar. Apparently he'd investigated Shinichi's track record and had found it suspicious, and since the sleuth wasn't around, the obvious option was to go after Saguru, who was Shinichi's partner. Minichiro didn't like the blond's track record either, to him, it made it all the more suspicious. Saguru was obviously using his father's influence to get himself and his friend around, or at least that's the logic the inspector had set on.

Minichiro wasn't technically doing anything wrong besides making his investigations go slower and being annoying, but even then Saguru couldn't complain since he was still working more efficiently than most. His comments were rude at most on paper, and since the inspector was a higher rank than him, Minichiro could wave them off as Saguru not liking how he's being observed. That was another issue the blond had with him, the guy had filed paperwork to observe him to see how things differed in Beika. Despite what was written on paper, by now, everyone in division one knew that it was just an excuse to find fault in Saguru.

"Megure-keibu is collecting filing complaints against Minichiro-Keibu" Takagi sighed, giving Saguru a sympathetic smile.

Saguru snorted "It astounds me that he even made it to his rank" Minichiro was currently in the washroom, and he had to wait for him "I highly doubt that he's well liked enough for people to stick up for him"

Takagi nodded in agreement "Miwako looked into it, apparently his family has way too much influence in Kyoto" Which was where Minichiro was stationed, what a surprise.

The blond grimaced "Of course" He let out a sigh "I wish Kaito was here to secretly terrorize him" He was pretty sure that the magician would have had a pretty good chance at scaring the guy away. Kaito has yet to fail in that aspect when he's actually trying.

The other officer choked on a laugh, acutely aware of Kaito's antics "At least Megure-keibu has more sway here to at least send him away" Megure was waiting to hand in a large collection of dated complaints rather than a few at a time, that way it would have more impact and it would be harder to cover up.

"I honestly can't wait" Saguru breathed "He was scolding Chiba for eating a bit ago" Apparently food was to be eaten during lunch "He doesn't seem to understand that lunch can easily missed since unlike us, he sits in his office all day" You couldn't just whip out a sandwich in the middle of an investigation.

Takagi grimaced, remembering the many times he's had to skip lunch due to an investigation that couldn't be put on hold "Poor Chiba, I hope his food wasn't thrown out"

Gold narrowed "He threw someone's food out?" As much as he felt for his coworker, this might be a good opportunity. Surely there was some rule that could get Minichiro in trouble for that right? Not allowing someone to eat is cruel.

"He snagged my muffin and bagel yesterday and tossed them before telling me to get to work" Takagi admitted, eyes lighting up as he seemed to realize what Saguru was thinking about "There's cameras in the break room-" He cut himself off, spotting Minichiro exiting the restroom.

"Why are you standing here?" Minichiro growled, turning towards Takagi "There's work to be done"

"He spotted me without you shadowing me and became worried" Saguru cut in, tone filled with mock concern "Are you sure you shouldn't take today off?" He inquired "You were in the washroom for over half an hour, that couldn't have been comfortable for someone of your age"

Minichiro spluttered, face rapidly going red with indignation "Enough, let's go" He growled gruffly, not bothering to explain himself. He didn't need to, the Hakuba heir was nothing but a know it all who was denying the use of his father's influence to get to where he was.

"I'm sorry if I offended you" He wasn't "But it is a valid concern" Though not for his health, he just didn't want to be forced to stand idle for so long when he could be getting actual work done.

"It's none of your business" Minichiro snapped, growing more agitated "We need to go through a lot of paperwork today"

The blond's shoulders slumped, of course, he should have expected this. There was no way the inspector would want to follow him outside again, not after yesterday where Minichiro had been left behind during a chase. Minichiro had been such a pain to deal with afterwards since he'd upped his obnoxious behaviour to compensate for his failure. The inspector's physical fitness was honestly embarrassing, maybe that could be another point against him "Understood" An officer should at least be able to run 50 meters, unless they were recovering or something "I'll go fetch a water bottle to reduce refreshment trips" The guy also hated coffee and threw a fit whenever someone he was working with went to go fetch some more.

Me: Shinichi would have absolutely despised that inspector for attempting to separate him from his beloved coffee~

So an update on Saguru~

Hope you enjoyed~

•^• Yesterday I sliced my thumb deep enough that I need to have it covered to keep it closed for safety... Annoying, I normally swipe my phone with it and I keep going to press things with it >^<

Can't put pressure so it doesn't open, just so awkward and a pain since it's vertical up to my nail >.> And the constant throbbing with my pulse, gah.

That's what I get for starting my day at 3am... Too early for even me to use a knife well after poor sleep