50. Explore, Pictures

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written April 7 2021
Posted May 3 2021

When Yozora entered the house, she was greeted by a face full of white feathers. Shocked, the girl took a step back before taking in what had hit her. It was a bird, a somewhat medium white feathered bird. The bird had also landed on her shoulder. Yozora's nervousness was soon broken when the bird began to coo softly and rub its face against her cheek, forcing a small smile to bloom as she let out a few giggles. The bird was really cute.

Since Yozora didn't know how to handle a bird, she let it perch on her shoulder as she removed her shoes before heading further inside. Slate were immediately drawn to the many photos scattered across the walls, many of them featured both Kaito and Saguru, though there were a decent amount that featured just one of them or neither. Shinichi was also a familiar face on the walls along with a few strangers that she didn't know. One photo nestled behind a door featuring an exasperated looking Saguru made her laugh, the blond was covered in what looked like flour and the bird was perched innocently nearby.

She quickly learned that the more amusing photos were placed in weird places, ones that were easily looked over. Those were the ones she intentionally searched for, even if a few were a bit blurry, maybe because the person taking said photo had been laughing? Or maybe even starting to run if some of the annoyed faces said anything. The photos really said a lot in her opinion, they were obviously spanned over quite a few years... They reaffirmed her decision to try out staying with Saguru.

Moving away from the photos, Yozora decided to check out the upstairs rooms. Kaito and Saguru's room was the first room that she had located, right at the top of the stairs. The girl closed the door to check on the next one, immediately realizing that it was the one that she'd probably end up staying in. There were... A lot of packaged toys for all ages scattered around and there was a plastic transparent cloth covering both a crib and a bed, probably to protect them from dust. Many different unopened bed sheets sets were also piled up on said bed. Saguru hadn't been lying when he'd said that he and Kaito were enthusiastic with the idea of having children. The dressers and bookshelves were also bolted into the walls for some reason, she'd ask why later.

Since she'd have time to check out that room more later, Yozora went to check the other rooms. For some reason there were two upstairs washrooms, so three in total. Which was a lot until one factored in their hope for a large family. The study didn't interest her much and she didn't even step in the room that looked like it had magic trick stuff in it... She didn't want to mess with that stuff. There were also 5 other bedrooms besides the first two, though they only had beds, dressers, some bookshelves, and sheets.

Eventually she smelled something cooking, blinking, Yozora silently made her way down to where she knew the kitchen was. She paused, peeking past the door frame

"What do you think of the house?" Saguru inquired, not even turning around since he was still adding some things to the soup. Living with Kaito had made it harder for people to actually sneak up on him.

"I think it's nice" Yozora blushed, feeling somewhat shy for some reason "There was a lot in that one room like you'd said there'd be" The food smelt really good "And your keys are questionable"

Saguru snorted "Kaito picked them out just to mess with me" He'd kept them though, even if they sometimes garnered teasing for him from his coworkers.

A small smile tugged at her lips "I can see that, Kaito's very playful and flirty"

"Flirty?" The blond stifled a chuckle "Poor Shinichi, what did Kaito do?"

Yozora giggled "He said he wouldn't mind a threesome, Shinichi whacked him"

Saguru hummed "He'd have to mess up his hair first" Normally he wouldn't say that out loud, but judging from the girl's amusement, he figured that she'd be fine with it. That and she brought it up in the first place.

The girl blinked "I thought that it was bad when a couple sleeps with someone else" She'd been told that sex was for those who loved each other.

"Well... Casual unions do happen and as long as everyone agrees it should be fine" He'd never actually participated in such a thing before, but he wasn't adverse to the idea. The thought of two people who looked like Kaito was appealing "Though I would advise against it if a relationship is new"

Yozora nodded in understanding "That makes sense" She paused before speaking "Do you have anything that I can use to access the internet? I've learned a lot from it so far"

The internet? Well he couldn't blame them for letting Yozora use it. There wasn't a lot one could do when stuck in a hotel room "I'll reserve a phone online for you and I'll pick it up tomorrow" While mail theft wasn't really common here, he still didn't like the idea of being mailed an electronic device "Any preferred colours? I'll default to black if there's nothing of good quality"

"I really like the colour red" Her mom had really liked it too, it was just a nice colour.

Saguru nodded "I'll try to find a nice red phone case, if there are none, I'll get black for you to use until we find one you like and that is actually protective" Most phone cases came with a black option didn't they?

"Okay" Phone cases were important so Yozora was fine with that "Thank you for letting me have a phone" They were really expensive.

"Phones are vital in this day and age, especially since both Kaito and I have jobs that'll require us to be called in unexpectedly" Saguru glanced back at Yozora "Though we'll probably take on less hours if you decide to stay" They didn't want to neglect their children like their own parents had done to them.

Me: A more calm chapter void of bad things~

Hope you enjoyed~

*Rats spend a long time building a nest* ... >~>... *Berry destroys it*

*Cat spends hour grooming her fur*... >~>... *Berry messes it up*

I can't help it... It's just so fun ^-^