56. An Eventful Week

1023 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 26 2021
Posted June 21 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on July 5 2021

The rest of the week had ended up being quite interesting for Yozora, Saguru had basically bought her a whole library, one that was mostly digital with the exception of textbooks. Saguru had told her that being able to flip to the back to check your answers quickly was something to be valued, especially since she'd just need to flip to the pages that she'd marked. On top of the library, they'd also gotten her a bright red bike and some more clothing that felt comfortable to her.

She didn't know what to think about the medium sized pool though. Instead of setting her up with swimming lessons somewhere where there'd be a lot of people, Saguru had just bought a pool since swimming was a vital skill? Or at least not drowning was? Apparently Kaito had somehow managed to damage the last one and they'd just put off replacing it up until now. Yozora really wanted to hear that story, especially if the blond's exasperated look was anything to tell.

They had all been big purchases that'd made Yozora feel uneasy at first, until Saguru had explained that they were just to give her vital skills. It had helped that he'd shown her a picture of Kaito in their old pool as proof that they used to have one. The bike had already been explained, and for the textbooks he'd just needed to show her the tuition costs of actually attending school. The normal books hadn't bothered her much though, since Saguru seemed to have a library of his own.

Yozora had only touched the books so far, mainly because Saguru seemed to be scrambling to complete a lot of paperwork, unable to supervise her with either the bike or pool. It was something she was familiar with, having watched both Kaito and Shinichi do the same thing. Though was there really that much paperwork required for her? It seemed like a bit much since she was just one person.

The girl sighed, playing with her blue skirt nervously, the week had been busy, yes, but today felt the worst. As promised, Saguru had called over his doctor friend to check up on her. Dr.Kusama was tall, and looked a bit older than Saguru, thankfully there was kindness in his navy eyes as the man had smiled at her. He'd stayed in the doorway with a huge rolling suitcase as he greeted and exchanged pleasantries with her before asking her if it was okay for him to come inside. She'd agreed, because what else would she do? Yozora appreciated that he was keeping a good distance between them when he could though.

Nowaki smiled softly as he sat across from Yozora, with Saguru standing near the couch that she was on "Is there anything that I could do to make you feel more comfortable around me?" He inquired softly, knowing that Yozora would probably be nervous no matter what. If he could help ease that nervousness though, that would be great.

"Um..." Yozora shifted "Probably not..."

The doctor nodded in understanding "I'm sorry, if it gets too much I can leave anytime" It wouldn't be ideal, but they had time. He turned towards Saguru "I take it the medical room is all set up for us?"

"Of course" Saguru nodded "Everything you'll need that you haven't brought should be out"

Yozora blinked "Medical room?" She hadn't seen any medical room!

Saguru smiled "With Kaito's unique biology, there's just some things that we don't want done at any hospital"

"Oh..." That made a lot of sense "But couldn't Kaito just heal himself?" He could sense injuries, so he would know how to fix himself.

Nowaki was the one to respond "Normally yes, but he can't fix his stress induced fevers or anything regarding how he lays eggs" Kaito had gotten better with the fevers, but they still sometimes struck "Keeping records also helped us to try and keep his biology more stable before a special potion was made to help prevent more problems from happening" No more vitamin supplements for Kaito, if the potion had worked. His friend had left too soon for them to do any tests.

"He also wasn't always as skilled at healing people as he currently is" Saguru added, Kaito used to always leave scars if the injury was one that would have scarred anyways. Now he only left scars when it'd be suspicious if he didn't, and even then they were more mild than they should be "Plus having the room gives us the excuse to stay here instead of going to the hospital"

"Why is the room hidden?" Yozora tilted her head "I haven't come across it"

"It holds sensitive information and very expensive medical supplies" Saguru replied, though said information was heavily encrypted and hidden away. Gold gleamed "We also didn't want any young children to have easy access to it" Because that would be a nightmare and would be completely devastating if one of their future children died because they weren't careful enough.

"That makes sense..." She'd seen videos of kids doing some really stupid things on the internet. Why would someone eat dirt? It was so strange...

Nowaki smiled "We can head down there whenever you're ready Yozora-chan, I'm free for the whole day" The day was originally going to be spent with his partner, but then Saguru had called. Thankfully Hiro-san was kind, even if he pretended not to be.

Yozora gave Saguru a nervous glance "Can Saguru come too?" Nowaki seemed nice, but he was still a stranger. She didn't want to be left alone with a total stranger, even if said stranger was one of Kaito and Saguru's friends.

Navy softened "Only if you want him too, he can step out at any time you want, that way you can change your mind whenever you want" The girl's unease was completely valid, she was actually a lot more composed than most her age "First we'll do some blood tests, renew your vaccinations, then everything else will follow" He paused "Or be put off until you're ready to continue" Saguru had told him that giving her information and choices was a good way to start on earning her trust.

Me: So Saguru wants Yozora to gain some life skills~ And a very important doctor visit~

Don't worry, I'll skim over the meeting since the biggest reason for it is a sensitive one to some people.

Yay for there being lots of things to keep Saguru distracted from thinking about Kaito~

Comment? ^-^

Weirdest fruit you've ever eaten? For me it's dragon fruit, it was okay, but not something I'd buy again