4. Dinner Date At Shinichi's

1034 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written March 26 2020
Posted April 7 2020
NEXT UPDATE on or before April 21 2020

"Greetings smelly detectives!" Kaito had a shit eating grin on his face as he hopped the fence into Shinichi's backyard. God he still couldn't get over the fact that they'd ended up lost in the sewers "I have come for sustenance" He let his wings come out. Years ago he'd placed charms around Shinichi's property so that nobody who didn't know about his wings would be able to see them. The cost had been taking Akako and Aoko out on a shopping spree and carrying all of their items. His wallet had suffered greatly on that dark day.

Azure narrowed as Shinichi leaned closer to Saguru "Maybe we should skip out on the chocolate cake, the idiot doesn't look like he needs it" He murmured, earning a snort from the other.

"Indeed" Saguru agreed as Tsuki flew in and landed on his head. Thankfully most birds had no sense of smell, a trait that Kaito didn't gain along with his wings. He tuned towards the magician "Do we really smell, or are you just being annoying?" He wouldn't put it past Kaito to be messing with them.

Kaito clutched his hands to his chest, a stricken look crossing his features "Why I would never!" He held the face for a good five seconds before grinning "You smell mostly fine" He pulled out a suspicious spray can and spritzed them with it "Now the two of you smell like roses" A perfectly acceptable scent, if they were either Kaito or a woman. Kaito often carried roses so it was fine for him.

Shinichi was silent for a few moments before sighing "I guess smelling like roses is better than sewage" Ai couldn't scold him, though he'd probably get teased.

Gold softened as Saguru took Kaito's hand, pulled him closer, and gave him a kiss "I take it your day went well?" Kaito's mood was bright and cheery.

The magician nodded "Yeah, Shinichi's call made it even better though" He pulled away glancing towards Hakase's house "I'm going to fetch something from Ai, I'll be back" With that he took off in a half flight, half leap. The professor's house had the charms too, and they all reached up to around 100 meters. 

"Show off" Shinichi rolled his eyes before heading back inside to fetch the food. Saguru followed after him. Azure glanced towards the blond as they grabbed the plates "Stop worrying, he told you so there's nothing to worry about" Kaito was the kind of person to try to hide things if it wasn't good.

Saguru let out a sigh "I know, but the only reason he'd need something from her would be if he needed that medicine" The medicine that prevents Kaito's eggs from causing him damage. That meant that the other was late in expelling it "It's to prevent it from happening again, but I still can't help but remember" Watching Kaito slowly grow weaker and weaker had been horrible, he'd felt so helpless.

Shinichi lightly kicked Saguru in the shin since his hands were full "That can't happen again" They had the means to prevent it "Let's hurry up before he returns and gets bored" A bored Kaito wasn't fun to deal with.

"You could have waited so that I could carry some" Kaito sighed as he spotted the two exiting the house. Tsuki was comfortably settled in Saguru's hair.

"I know Dove, but this way saves more time" Not that they were rushed for it or anything.

Indigos gleamed as Kaito spotted the curry, it smelt tasty. He could easily spot which plate was his because it had no meat, and more veggies than the other two "It smells really good" He praised, accepting the plate.

Both detectives sat down to join him "Thank you, Shinichi helped quite a lot" Saguru breathed. While Shinichi may be the worst cook between them, the sleuth had improved quite a bit from practising with either Saguru or Kaito. It was usually whoever had gotten off work earlier.

Kaito grinned "So what have you been up to Shinichi?" He obviously didn't need to ask Saguru.

"Besides finding dead bodies?" Shinichi offered a wry smile "Nothing much to be honest, but Heiji phoned earlier to complain about how Hikata-chan spewed up all over him just after he finished a shower a few days ago" Kazuha had given birth to a cute little girl two months ago.

The magician laughed "I've heard that babies do that a lot" He felt Saguru squeeze his hand under the table so he squeezed back. He wished he had a baby, even if it spewed yucky fluids everywhere.

"So it seems like Hattori is going to be busy" Saguru mused, taking a sip of his water.

Shinichi nodded "Especially since Kazuha-san is insisting that he should be the one to stay home with Hikata" He smiled, remembering his friend's upset face as Heiji fed his daughter while relaying the news "She told him that since she carried Hikata for nine months, he has to care for her for at least that long" Azure gleamed "I figure that she's going to make up another excuse to keep him as the stay at home dad by the time the nine months are up" It was probably to get back at him for ditching her for a case so many times when they were teens. Maybe it would mellow Heiji out a bit when it came to cases.

Indigos gleamed "Maybe if Heiji visited you, he could drop Hikata-chan off with me" He smiled "Then the two of you could go off hunting down a case together and I could earn my spot as Hikata-chan's favourite uncle" Saguru gave him a knowing look but stayed silent.

"I'll pass on the offer" The sleuth stated.

"How have Ran-san and your little detective group doing?" The blond inquired, Shinichi had told the detective boys the truth once they'd turned 14. Thankfully they'd been mature enough to eventually forgive him.

A small frown tugged at Shinichi's lips "Ran's travelling with Sonoko in France, and the Detective Boys are on a class trip to Kyoto for a few weeks" So he was stuck doing cases and reading until they all came back to pester him.

Me: Berry is having so much fun writing this >^<

Though with so many character mentions so soon, berry has had to make lists on how people call each other XD

Hope you enjoyed~

Pie or cake? Berry loves pie more because apparently cheesecake is actually pie... =~= deception it is