chapter thirty eight.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 38: LESSONS ALWAYS STAY

❝ you promised that your feelings for me wouldn't get in the way of our friendship

❝ you promised that your feelings for me wouldn't get in the way of our friendship. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS MEANT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL STORY. It took Enola Far too long to learn that valuable life lesson. Not every person we feel something deep and moving with is meant to make a home within us, is meant to be forever. Sometimes people come into our lives to teach us how to love; and sometimes people come into our lives to teach us how not to love. How not to settle, how not to shrink ourselves again. Yes, sometimes people leave—but that is okay because their lessons always stay and that is what matters. That is what remains.

Not everything in life was meant to be a beautiful story. Enola could only hope that Elijah understood this as she drove that dagger through his heart. But at the end of the day, she would always choose to save the ones she had grown up with. The ones she loves. As far as she was concerned, he was just a stranger trying to kill her sister. The same could be said for Katherine, who was currently lounging around the Salvatore Boarding House as if she owned the place. No one wanted her there, of course. But she seemed to have made herself at home regardless of what they all wanted.

"What is she doing here?" Elena snapped.

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon muttered.

"How is that possible?" Stefan questioned.

"He's an Original," Katherine shrugged simply. "They have all sorts of special skills."

"I don't want you here," Elena growled. "Get her out of here."

"You need me," Katherine drawled. "You all do."

"Like hell," Stefan scoffed.

"We all want the same thing: Klaus dead." Katherine said. "Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

"We don't need your help and We don't want it," Elena announced.

"Why don't you let Enola speak for herself," Katherine glared.

All eyes immediately shifted to Enola who hadn't spoken a word during the entire conversation. Her eyes were glued solely to her phone. Her conversation with her favorite blonde was much more interesting than the one going on around her. It wasn't until someone loudly cleared their throat that she tore her gaze away from the screen.

"I think it's a good idea," Enola shrugged.

"Finally," Katherine groaned. "Someone with a brain!"

"You can't be serious!" Elena scoffed.