chapter fourteen.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 14: FIRE MEET GASOLINE

❝ i'm trusting you. don't make me regret it. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ENOLA AWOKE TO A POUNDING HEADACHE. The last thing she remembered was entering the bathroom in hopes of taking a hot shower to rinse off the events of that night. And then everything just went blank. She woke up here. Wherever here was.

Enola rubbed her temples in pain as she slowly sat up to take in her surroundings. She appeared to be in some sort of dingy motel room. And in the corner of said room sat a familiar man. Ben McKittrick. He was a former football player for the Timberwolves. He was just a few years older than her. After he graduated high school he obtained a job at the grill. She only really knew all of this was because Bonnie Bennett had spent hours ranting about him before their date the previous night. It made her wonder what happened to the Bennett girl.

The bed suddenly began to shift. Enola met the soft brown eyes that belonged to Elena in an instant. They made eye contact before looking over to the man in the corner and then to the door a few feet away. As if they were speaking through twin telepathy, they gave one another a look as they rose to their feet and slowly began to make their way over to the door.

"I wouldn't," A sudden voice spoke from behind them. The twins slowly turned around to find Ben standing there in all his glory. His eyes dilated as he attempted to compel both of them at the same time. "Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?"

"I understand," Enola and Elena spoke in unison.

Ben smirked, turning his back. That was his first mistake. Because the second he was no longer looking at them, they bolted for the door. And they would have made it too if it weren't for the girl who stood on the other side with a look of shock washing over her features. However, that shock soon melted into fury as she roughly dragged the twins back into the motel room before facing Ben with a look of anger.

"Seriously?" She scoffed.

"I told them not to move!" Ben defended. "I did that eye thing you taught me."

"You forgot the lesson about vervain." She huffed, rolling her eyes at his stupidity. "They're with the Salvatore brothers, Ben. Duh."

"Who are you? What do you want?" Elena began with her usual round of questions as if they would answer her.

"Doesn't matter." Mystery girl spat, roughly shoving the twins into the bathroom before locking them inside.

"What a bitch," Enola spat, turning to examine the room alongside her sister. It didn't take them long to locate an unconscious Bennett witch in the bathtub.