chapter seven.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 07: THE LAMB LOVES ITS WOLF

❝ if you wanted me dead, i'd be dead

❝ if you wanted me dead, i'd be dead. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

IT WAS OFFICIALLY THE SPOOKY SEASON. It used to be Enola Gilbert's favorite time of year. And then Vicki Donovan just had to go and die. Now the once glorious holiday was about helping her through the transition. Enola honestly had no idea what she had to do with this foolery, but Elena insisted that they just had to help her. And so here they stood on the doorstep of the Salvatore Boarding House with their fists raised to knock. However, before they got the chance, the door swung open to reveal the one person neither of them particularly wanted to see.

Damon Salvatore. Enola immediately scowled. She could not stand this fascist asshole. She didn't care whether or not he felt the same. His feelings were irrelevant to her. Though she doubted that he had any feelings. He operated on pure pettiness. Which is why Vicki Donovan was currently a vampire. Because he didn't get what he wanted. Did he not realize that villains rarely do? Perhaps if he was kinder and more gentle, things would work out for him. In the end, he had no one to blame but himself. But he made it a point to blame everyone else for his misery.

"Is Stefan here?" Elena asked, trying her best to remain polite.

"Yep." Damon hummed, leaning against the doorframe with a large smirk adorning his features.

"Where is he?" Elena wondered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"And good morning to you little miss I'm on a mission and her trusty sidekick." Damon teased.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything you've done?" Enola narrowed her eyes.

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" Damon shot back.

"If you wanted me dead, I'd be dead." Enola pointed out.

"Yes, you would." Damon confirmed.

"But I'm not." Enola reminded.

"Yet." Damon corrected.

"But that wouldn't serve your greater agenda." Enola mocked.

"I really don't like you." Damon scowled.

"The feelings are mutual." Enola smiled sarcastically.

"Where is Stefan?" Elena quickly interrupted before things went too far.

"He's upstairs singing the rain in Spain." Damon said, rolling his eyes as he stepped aside for them to enter. "Knock yourself out."

Enola sent Damon one last glare as she shouldered past him and entered the Salvatore Boarding House. All she earned in return was an eye roll as he exited his home, closing the door behind him.