chapter nine.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 09: THE TRUTH ABOUT MONSTERS

❝ the monsters you read about in books are real

❝ the monsters you read about in books are real. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ENOLA AND ELENA WERE NOT THE ONLY TWO FIGHTING. The Salvatore brothers also appeared to be at odds because Damon killed Lexi, losing Stefan in the process. And on top of all that drama, Caroline and Bonnie were also feuding.

Enola and Caroline had carpooled to school that morning. They needed some much needed space from everything and everyone. Though they were not surprised by what had been done. The people they were both currently feuding with had always liked to keep secrets. But they were different. Anything they wanted to say, would most certainly be said. No hesitation. Then again, maybe that is why no one likes them. Because they are far too honest for their own good.

"Have you talked to Bonnie?" Enola finally spoke.

"No. I am mad at her." Caroline scowled. "She needs to make the first move."

"Be the bigger person," Enola mocked in that nasally tone Elena always used.

"Impossible in her presence," Caroline scoffed.

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" Enola inquired.

"She is a thief, that is why." Caroline explained. "I gave her my necklace and she refuses to give it back. It is a matter of principle."

"To hell with being the bigger person," Enola announced boldly. "When has it ever actually ever gotten us anywhere?"

"Exactly," Caroline hummed. "Now your turn."

"My turn for what?" Enola blinked.

"What is going on between you and Elena?" Caroline questioned.

"Nothing," Enola stubbornly shook her head.

"Nothing?" Caroline scoffed in exasperation. "Elena has a knot on the side of her head bigger than a tennis ball. And don't even get me started on that black eye."

"Sisters fight, Care." Enola tried to reason.

"But not you and Elena," Caroline pointed out. "The last time you two fought was in the second grade, when she stole a handful of your Halloween candy."

"Well, this time she stole something a lot more meaningful." Enola said.

"Like what?" Caroline wondered.

"Doesn't matter. All you need to know is that Elena has always been a thief." Enola announced just as the school bell rang, signaling the start of class. "Which shouldn't be much of a surprise seeing as who her best friend is."