chapter seventy eight.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 78: BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

❝ anyone capable of love is capable of being saved

❝ anyone capable of love is capable of being saved. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ENOLA WAS ALWAYS STUCK BETWEEN TWO WORLDS; always in conflict. She would like sometimes to rest, to be at peace, to choose a nook, to make a final choice, but she can't. Some nameless, indescribable fear and anxiety keeps her on the move. On certain mornings, much like this, she would like to feel whole.

Enola stepped through the door behind Caroline to find Tyler lingering in the kitchen. She had decided to stay back with them to help from home as everyone else left for some deserted island in the middle of nowhere to find the cure. Her eyes flicker to the barrier where Klaus calmly sits. And just like that the pain is back.

"You're still here?" Caroline frowned at Tyler. "What are you doing?"

"Gloating," Tyler smirked.

"Hello, Enola." Klaus greeted softly.

Enola couldn't look Klaus in the eye without wanting to cry. Her eyes flicker down to the charred body on the floor. He had been forced to stare at his brothers rotting corpse all day. Her heart dropped in her chest at the thought. Without a word, she slipped into the hallway before grabbing a clean sheet from the closet. She emerged back into the kitchen, laying the sheet over Kol before grabbing a cinnamon scented candle out of a nearby cabinet to make the place smell less like a barbeque.

"Come home," Caroline told Tyler. "Don't stoop to his level."

"He destroyed my life," Tyler scoffed. "I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself."

"Carol Lockwood is dead. So is Kol. We are even." Klaus announced. "Call Bonnie and get her to let me out of here."

"No," Caroline scoffed in disbelief. "We will never help you."

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter," Klaus reminded.

"How delusional are you?" Caroline scoffed, taking a dangerous step forward.

"Caroline," Enola tried.

"No—we are standing in the house where your Aunt Jenna used to live." Caroline pointed out, turning back to Klaus with a scowl. "Or did you think that your charm would suddenly make her forget about that? You don't deserve her. You never did. And I don't know why she entertained you for so long." By now, she was chest to chest with the barrier. "You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you."