chapter seventy three.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 73: BABY STEPS

❝ i am now a functional dysfunctional vampire

❝ i am now a functional dysfunctional vampire. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF LOVE; there is the kind that you find in good morning texts and shy smiles, the kind that comes with butterflies and stolen glances, the kind where you laugh for no reason and a smile is forever glued to your face—sweet simple, honest, pure.

And then there is the kind that finds you in midnight phone calls and tears on your pillow, the kind that comes with a war between your brain and your heart, the kind where nothing makes you happier and nothing makes you sadder—passionate, overwhelming, intense, daring, and when it all comes crashing down so do you. That was the difference between Stefan and Damon.

"Elena,"

Enola stood off to the side with Caroline and Bonnie as Elena approached. She immediately shifted her gaze to the ground in hopes of avoiding all eye contact. She would like to think that she was a pretty good liar and yet she could not lie to her sister. But she knew it was for the best until they actually proved that Elena was in fact sired to Damon.

"Is everything okay?" Bonnie questioned.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Elena questioned almost defensively.

"Enola told me you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy," Bonnie continued.

"Yeah," Elena confirmed. "But Jeremy still has Enola to keep the hunter in check. He's okay."

"But are you?" Caroline questioned, eyeing her friend in concern.

"Obviously not," Enola scoffed. "I mean, clearly they don't have a brush at hotel Salvatore."

"Oh, I was in a rush." Elena confessed, pulling her hair out of the messy bun. "Do you girls have any plans tonight? I'm in desperate need of some girl talk."

"I'm in. Shane taught me some spells I've been wanting to try." Bonnie grinned in excitement.

"Creepy professor guy is just Shane now?" Caroline wiggled her brows.

"He is not creepy," Bonnie scowled.

"We're not judging," Elena promised.

"I am," Caroline counted.

"I am not," Enola confessed. "Only a little."

"Don't listen to them," Elena rolled her eyes. "So girls night? We can raid the Salvatore wine cellar."