chapter thirty two.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 32: SACRIFICIAL LAMB

❝ my sister is good at getting what she wants

❝ my sister is good at getting what she wants. ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

DEATH DOES NOT MEAN A SINGLE THING. It does not count. It does not matter. You have only slipped away into the room next door. Nothing has happened. Not really. Everything remains exactly as it was. You are still you and the old life that you once lived so fondly remains untouched, unchanged.

Still, you beg them to call you by that old familiar name. You beg them to speak of you in the same easy way which they always used. You beg them to put no difference into their tone. You beg them to wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. You beg them to laugh as you always laughed at the little jokes that you enjoyed together. You beg them to let your name be ever the household word that it always was. You beg them to let it be spoken without an effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Because life means all that it has ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolute and unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should the dead be out of mind because they are out of sight? They are waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena questioned as the Salvatore brothers spoke of their unsanctioned meeting with Katherine. She was willing to give them the moonstone for her freedom. The hunger had finally gotten to her. It was just a matter of whether or not they would grant her wish.

"Of course not. We just want the moonstone." Damon rolled his eyes.

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan explained.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice." Damon grinned happily, eyes settling on Enola. "Ergo, you live."

"How do you destroy it?" Elena inquired.

"By releasing it from the moonstone," Stefan announced.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" Elena wondered.

"Because we have a crafty witch on our side," Damon smirked.

"You discussed it with Bonnie," Elena realized.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us," Stefan said.

"It's Kathrine who has the moonstone. She's not going to give it to you." Elena pointed out.

"We're going to get it from her," Stefan promised.

"Well, what he means to say is that we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to." Damon smiled sweetly.