chapter thirty three.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CHAPTER 33: HOUSE ARREST

❝ did you steal my nail polish remover again? ❞

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

PEOPLE LOVE WHEN YOU TELL THEM THINGS. In suitable portions. In intimate tones. With wide eyes. With awkward glances. And then they think that they know you. But they don't. They know about you. What they are let in on are facts, not feelings. Not about your opinion. Not how what has happened to you and how all the decisions have turned you into who you are. What they do is they will fill in with their own feelings and opinions and assumptions, and they compose a new life which has little to do with yours, and that lets you off the hook. No one can touch you if you yourself want them to.

Enola knew Stefan. He didn't even have to tell her things. She could read him like a book. So it didn't come as a surprise when she found out that he sacrificed himself for Jeremy. And now he was trapped inside the tomb with Katherine. But he wasn't the only one who was trapped. After Enola and Elena returned from their trip to Richmond, Bonnie performed a spell that trapped them in their own home. They were literally on house arrest. And so the wonder twins sat on their couch with matching scowls as Damon entered their home without so much as a single knock before strutting into their living room where the twins pouted.

"You should really lock the door," Damon grinned, only to be ignored. "Oh, come on. At least give me two points for ingenuity."

"Do you think this is funny?" Elena scowled.

"Yes, Elena. I find hilarity in the lengths that I have to go to just to repeatedly save your lives." Damon spoke sarcastically.

"No one told you to do that," Enola grumbled.

"And yet I do," Damon shot back.

"What does Stefan think about this?" Elena questioned.

"He had a good laugh," Damon hummed.

"And what did he say about Elijah still being alive?" Enola inquired.

"Yeah, that," Damon cringed, getting rather comfy in the spot between the twins. "I didn't tell him."

"Why not?" Elena wondered.

"A, he can't do anything about it. And B, what I just said." Damon shrugged before glancing around the room. "Where's Bonnie?"

"I thought she was meeting you," Jeremy frowned, entering the room with a pep in his step.

"No. She's on moonstone duty and I'm on wonder twin patrol." Damon answered with a click of his tongue.